_ _ _ _

Thread: Preseason SunBelt Predictions

Default Preseason SunBelt Predictions

Based off the Schedules provided for the conference from this link...
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/specials.../97679624.html

Ill predict my thoughts on the upcoming season. Not sure how my predictions faired last year but here is what I think.

Arkansas St. 5-7 (5-3) *Will Beat FAU at home AT BEST 7-5 IF THEY BEAT Louisville at home and Indiana
    FAU 5-7 (4-4) AT BEST 7-5
    FIU 1-11 (1-7) *Tough Non Conference schedule AT BEST 2-10
    UL 7-5 (6-2) *Hope we can Upset atleast Middle Tenn or OK ST. at home! AT WORST 6-6
    ULM 4-8 (3-5) AT BEST 6-6
    Middle Tenn St. 10-2 (8-0) I see them losing 2 non conference games and/or at worst 2 conference (Troy, UL) AT WORST 8-4
    North Texas 5-7 (3-5) *I think they will beat Army and Rice AT BEST 6-6
    Troy 9-3 (7-1) AT BEST 10-2
    Western Kentucky I wanna say 0-12 *Toilet bowl vs. FIU AT BEST 3-9

thread just out of boredumsake
    *added MTSU name*

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Preseason SunBelt Predictions

hmmm did Middle relocate conferences?

Ok after further inspection i think you just forgot to put their name.

I think Middle is poised to come back down to earth. These guys are getting so much love and while its deserved from their nice year last year, I see them having some let downs. I also don't think they are that much better than any other belt team outside of WKU and FIU. I think the 8-4 mark for them is adequate but will not be surprised at all to see them at 7-5 or even worse. They have been saddled with high expectations and preseason love for quite some time to only fall on their faces seemingly every year. Stockstill was on the major hotseat going into last year due to those failures and I need to see a few years of strong finishes to think this will be a trend rather than an occassional solid year.

though i hope this is true about MTSU or atleast they lose to us but beat everyone else. I think the fact is obvious for these reasons.

Their Schedule isn't particularly strong to where they have a sure dominant opponent.
    I can see them beating Minnesota at Home, Austin Peay easily, Memphis even though its on the road they arent much of a dominant team at all. The only sure loss i see on their schedule is Georgia Tech. In Conference their tough games will be against Troy, at our house, and at Arkansas St. but no real obvious losses in conference.

They are returning a strong offensive line and also strong skill positions.

Dwight Dasher is an animal that can create havock. The good thing is its better to Focus on the QB as the key person, but he's versatile enough to throw or run and can easily resemble Micheal Vick. but their RBs aren't quite a pushover either so they have alot of offensive weapons.

I think they deserve the credit that is being given. but i dont mind suprises

My big sleeper of the conference will be North Texas.
    They lost multiple games within a TD including that of Ohio by 1 in OT and are returning almost EVERYONE. If teams over look them based off last year they may be in for a suprise.

You may want to recheck your SBC records. I come up with a combined SBC record of 37-35 (assuming you meant to put WKY at 0-8). 72 SBC games will be played and there's got to be a winner and a loser, so the overall SBC record will be 36-36. Just saying....