_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Baseball Season

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL/Clemson 2000 College World Series question

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Left Fielder for Clemp-sun got a really bad attitude after UL won. Pushed one of our guys in the back.(I believe)

Seriously, if you lose....be gracious, dont throw beer bottles at busses, and dont push opposing players in the back.

Z. _
    Does any one have any video of this? Or the article about it after?

Default Re: Epic interview Bitter and Robe

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    The truth of the matter is they should all be held responsible when there teams under perform. I was just listening to the radio this am and heard Gerald Hebert talking about the hot and spicy golf tourney, and how it helps spring sports recruiting budgets. He also mentioned that David Walker and Scott farmer have stepped up to help out football and basketball recruiting budgets. From my understanding, the athletic dept has given these coaches what they think they need in order to be competative in recruiting. Therefore, until the university or athletic dept step up for ALL sports in the athletic dept, how can these coaches be held accountable and compared to basketball and football. Robe has ALWAYS done more with less, as well as the softball program. I'm sure Tony and the lotiefs would love to just be given a large enough recruiting budget and just have to worry about "coaching and recruiting" as opposed to being a coach and be in charge of raising enough money in order to recruit. Yea there have been improvements to our facility, but until the university steps up for these spring sports, I c it as an uneven playing field. I've heard about all these plans for improvements, but I'll believe it when I c it. I doubt this will be done in a very timely manner

igeaux.mobi _

All coaches have had to do more with less, hence our next to last athletic budget in D-1. However, the effects of this discrepancy in funds affects the bigger budget sports more than it does others..i.e baseball. Recruiting budgets alone often exceed 1 million dollars for football at larger schools. Nobody is complaining about anyone coach here. Some of us have mentioned that we'd like to see equitable criticism.

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 2000 College World Series

Quote Originally Posted by AToneysmyidol View Post
    _ Does anyone have the video of Feehan? stealing home against Clemson in the college world series?? _
    I have it on VHS tape and watch it at least once a year.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: UL/Clemson 2000 College World Series question

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Does any one have any video of this? Or the article about it after?
    If you have a subscription to the Ragin Station video section under Ragincajuns.com, you can watch the entire game online. All you have to do is use the search function, and use the word clemson under the "keyword search" box.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ If you have a subscription to the Ragin Station video section under Ragincajuns.com, you can watch the entire game online. All you have to do is use the search function, and use the word clemson under the "keyword search" box. _
    I was talking about the fight.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I was talking about the fight.
    I thought the video had a little of it right at the end of the game during hte onfield celebration. I'll double check the video to confirm.

Default Re: 2000 Baseball Season

Yeah it has a skirmish, but it doesn't show what started the fight.

8. Default Former Gamecock pitcher recalls magical, heartbreaking 2000 season - WIS-TV

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - USC Gamecock baseball fans should remember the name Kip Bouknight. Ten years ago, he had one of the best seasons ever for a USC pitcher. The Gamecocks were also ranked number one that year and seemed ...

Default Cajuns Baseball 2000...

Cajuns Baseball Derailed #1 So Carolina's 2000 NC Dreams

http://ultoday.com/node/1192

Default UL Beats Clemson

We need to get this 'swag' back..... good times!......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=1h8LzewG5UM

Blog Entries

Great memories

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I was there and mouthed off earlier in the day (while shooting tequila) that I would shave my head if the Cajuns won. Needless to say my friends shaved my head that night. I have kept my hair short since.

Geaux Cajuns, lets shave my head again!

Trust me...we got that swag!

I want that lady's tears on the face of every team we demolish from here on out

Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

Ya know if you go back to the college World Series run.... We actually almost coached our way out of it....

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Ya know if you go back to the college World Series run.... We actually almost coached our way out of it....
    To bad RP doesn't go back that far. Would love to see all the hot takes about Robe almost mismanaging our historic World Series run.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    To bad RP doesn't go back that far. Would love to see all the hot takes about Robe almost mismanaging our historic World Series run.
    I don't remember the exact details but he made some ballsy rotation moves. Some think it was skill. Some say luck. I think a little of both.

Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

Scott Dohman volunteered to sit out until potential game 3 in the supers....balls the size of Texas I tell ya...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I don't remember the exact details but he made some ballsy rotation moves. Some think it was skill. Some say luck. I think a little of both.
    He brought his ace pitcher into his hotel room in South Carolina after losing game 1 and asked him if he wanted to make the finals of the Super Regional or if he wanted to go to Omaha. If he wanted Omaha he would hold him to game 3. Forgot the names but they decided to roll the dice for Omaha. RP if it existed back then would have roasted him had it not worked out. He had a team of alpha males such as Nate Nelson that probably made that decision a little easier

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I remember him taking a calculated gamble and it turning out splendidly.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast