_ _ _ _

Thread: All-Acadiana

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default All-Acadiana

Did the Cajuns want any of the girls from this year's All-Acadiana Softball team that were shown in the paper today???? I thought more of them would have had the Cajuns as their favorite team and or players!!! JMO!!!

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: All-Acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Did the Cajuns want any of the girls from this year's All-Acadiana Softball team that were shown in the paper today???? I thought more of them would have had the Cajuns as their favorite team and or players!!! JMO!!! _
    I'm not one to answer your question Boomer. I'm strictly addressing your comment... at a US public university, you put your energy and money into a bigger football system... and the rest falls in place... in more ways than people can imagine.

If you are ever visiting with Dr. Savoie and the topic is intracellular pathogen immune response... or ladies softball... and he questions what the next step for UL is... tell him an undefeated season in football. If he does not get it, he is the wrong man for this job. There is smart... and there is worldly smart.

_ Did the Cajuns want any of the girls from this year's All-Acadiana Softball team that were shown in the paper today???? I thought more of them would have had the Cajuns as their favorite team and or players!!! JMO!!! _
    That's a question you would have to ask Mike or Stefni. I'm not sure how much room we had on the roster, but if you compare those they did sign to the All-Acadiana team, I think, from a talent standpoint, the ones signed are better than those not signed. Prophet Gaspard may be good enough to be on the team, but if I'm her and I have the chance to get an Ivy league education and still play, I'm not even thinking twice.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    _ That's a question you would have to ask Mike or Stefni. I'm not sure how much room we had on the roster, but if you compare those they did sign to the All-Acadiana team, I think, from a talent standpoint, the ones signed are better than those not signed. Prophet Gaspard may be good enough to be on the team, but if I'm her and I have the chance to get an Ivy league education and still play, I'm not even thinking twice. _
    Oh boy

--- just took a ride and we have some unhappy campers because of some on the all-star team not being offered a scholly by the Cajuns

My in-laws brought the DeRidder paper with the right-up on the Hamilton girl that we signed

--Its not even close!!! I guess I'll never understand their not understanding!!!!

Blog Entries

_ Oh boy

--- just took a ride and we have some unhappy campers because of some on the all-star team not being offered a scholly by the Cajuns

My in-laws brought the DeRidder paper with the right-up on the Hamilton girl that we signed

--Its not even close!!! I guess I'll never understand their not understanding!!!! _

Boomer, you bring this up everytime there is an All-Area Team named by the local media. First, take a look at where the seniors on this team are playing ball next season. Second, are any of these seniors better then the kids signed by our staff this year? Third, there is nothing wrong with any of these kids playing college ball at other universities, its a free education.

If there is any program that has earned the benefit of doubt in recruiting, it's the one that has made 12 consecutive regionals. BTW, there are some good juniors on the All Area Team that are getting some attention from our program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Boomer, you bring this up everytime there is an All-Area Team named by the local media. First, take a look at where the seniors on this team are playing ball next season. Second, are any of these seniors better then the kids signed by our staff this year? Third, there is nothing wrong with any of these kids playing college ball at other universities, its a free education.

If there is any program that has earned the benefit of doubt in recruiting, it's the one that has made 12 consecutive regionals. BTW, there are some good juniors on the All Area Team that are getting some attention from our program. _
    Took the words from my mouth.

Last year I was very skeptical about Nerissa Myers because of how little experience she had... we all see how that turned out. Its why I post on forums and they coach and recruit lol! We will always question coaches, its just human nature, but given what the Lotief's do year in and year out... gonna have to go on a limb here and say they know what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Boomer, you bring this up everytime there is an All-Area Team named by the local media. First, take a look at where the seniors on this team are playing ball next season. Second, are any of these seniors better then the kids signed by our staff this year? Third, there is nothing wrong with any of these kids playing college ball at other universities, its a free education.

If there is any program that has earned the benefit of doubt in recruiting, it's the one that has made 12 consecutive regionals. BTW, there are some good juniors on the All Area Team that are getting some attention from our program. _
    I guess the most frustrating thing I encountered in coaching was having walk- ons beat out the recruited kids for positions and then lose with them

No-I am for getting the best kids--regardless---My point was that the girl from Rospine was on another planet compared to the local lady

UL was after her for 3 years---blah blah blah

I said --she needs to walk on!!!!