Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Will LA tech and Louisiana align?

Default Re: This is our Indy Bowl Moment...

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Damn Hawk. That was about the easiest run off I've seen on RP. Maybe he wasn't much of a fighter.. Come on TechDawg.. Can't let facts get in the way of a good argument! _
    Yeah. He clearly doesn't have the stones to battle. Perception is 9/10ths of reality. His reality is 8/10ths perception, the other tenth is insider info. 41k at the Indy bowl when Tech went. HA!!! Laughable, man. Tulane rules apply in Shreveport. Each empty seat is only 1/2 a seat. Each full seat counts twice.

Default Re: Louisiana Tech in Sunbelt?

Here is my thought, first let me say that Tech hates the belt, and hates ULM, so I don't ever see then joining the belt.. That being said, i would love for the Belt go to 12 football members.. New Mexico St, and i would offer Tech... If they refuse like I think they will, second choises would be Texas State or UTSA..

Long range I would love for us to have the following members with an east, west league:

West:
    New Mexico St
    UTSA
    Texas St.
    North Texas
    Ark. St.
    La. Tech
    UL

East
    ULM
    Wester Ky.
    Middle Tenn
    Troy
    USA
    FIU
    FAU

Fourteen Football Members...
    Would be a great league with good matchups..

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ Yeah. He clearly doesn't have the stones to battle. Perception is 9/10ths of reality. His reality is 8/10ths perception, the other tenth is insider info. 41k at the Indy bowl when Tech went. HA!!! Laughable, man. Tulane rules apply in Shreveport. Each empty seat is only 1/2 a seat. Each full seat counts twice. _
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1FwHT7ev_8

Quote Originally Posted by LATechDawgs View Post
    Decent crowd. The bottom line is, let's compare that with normal Independence Bowl attendance to see how many people Tech brings to games.

LA Tech and UL should be in the same conference, and I think you know it. I'm not trying to say that you guys don't belong in C-USA. I just think for all the ____ing matches we get into the two schools are basically equivalent. You guys have over the past 15 years admittedly have had much more football and women's basketball success. However, our spring sports and men's basketball have been better.

I can completely understand you guys not wanting to be in a conference with ULM, neither do we. Maybe they will drop out and join the Southland and you all can come back.

Quote Originally Posted by BankerCajun View Post
    _ Here is my thought, first let me say that Tech hates the belt, and hates ULM, so I don't ever see then joining the belt.. That being said, i would love for the Belt go to 12 football members.. New Mexico St, and i would offer Tech... If they refuse like I think they will, second choises would be Texas State or UTSA..

Long range I would love for us to have the following members with an east, west league:

West:
    New Mexico St
    UTSA
    Texas St.
    North Texas
    Ark. St.
    La. Tech
    UL

East
    ULM
    Wester Ky.
    Middle Tenn
    Troy
    USA
    FIU
    FAU

Fourteen Football Members...
    Would be a great league with good matchups.. _
    While i like the look of that conference, I'm a little skeptical of adding 3 fcs schools all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ But does staying in the deflated and barely solvent WAC enhance their ability to get into CUSA over moving to the belt? I don't think so. The WAC would be a shell of its former self and would likely be the worst conference in the country.

Also, if they were not considering it, why would they have phoned the conference offices over recent months asking if there would an option for their entry into the SBC? _

IF the WAC survives, it will be because they added FCS teams like Sacramento State, Cal Poly, UC Davis, Montana and possibly Texas State. Image that conference schedule to go along with SJSU who is on the verge of dropping football and Idaho who plays in a 16,000 seat dome stadium. I could not imaging Tech averaging 10,000 a game with that home schedule, much less bowl tie-ins, tv games and enough revenue to offset travel. How in the world can Tech come to the conclusion that this is better than the Sun Belt? Talk about separation, that would do it.

Is ULM in serious enough financially straits that they would drop down to FCS in the Southland? Perhaps a lot will depend on the new President they select and is view of athletics. ULM is a major stumbling block for Tech joining the SBC.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

I prefer this.

WEST

New Mexico State
    Texas State
    North Texas
    Missouri State
    Arkansas State
    Louisiana Tech
    Louisiana

EAST

Western Kentucky
    Middle Tennessee
    Georgia State
    South Alabama
    Troy
    FAU
    FIU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    _ I was wondering what the Cajuns fans are thinking about Louisiana Tech joining the Sunbelt Conference? I am for it in that I think it would be a great rivalry. _
    I'm against it, you can have the rivalry without a conference to baby-sit the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm against it, you can have the rivalry without a conference to baby-sit the relationship.
    I'm with you Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I'm against it, you can have the rivalry without a conference to baby-sit the relationship. _
    Haven't we tried this before? It seems it's not working, since right now our "relationship" with Tech is as bad as it could be.

Maybe we need a little baby-sitting? Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Decent crowd. The bottom line is, let's compare that with normal Independence Bowl attendance to see how many people Tech brings to games.

LA Tech and UL should be in the same conference, and I think you know it. I'm not trying to say that you guys don't belong in C-USA. I just think for all the ____ing matches we get into the two schools are basically equivalent. You guys have over the past 15 years admittedly have had much more football and women's basketball success. However, our spring sports and men's basketball have been better.

I can completely understand you guys not wanting to be in a conference with ULM, neither do we. Maybe they will drop out and join the Southland and you all can come back. _
    The I-bowl attendance record was set in 2009 with over 49,000 (Georgia vs. Texas A&M). The previous record attendance was in 1990 with over 46,000 (Louisiana Tech vs. Maryland). The 2008 year (41,567) was lower, but still quite respectable for a foe from Illinois. Tech sold it's allotment in full.

I never care to get into a ____ing match with you fine folks. But when there is one person spreading nothing but hatred and lies, I have to come and defend my school.

We should be in the same conference, and I would welcome the rivalry. Much props to the respectful Cajun posters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by LATechDawgs View Post
    _ The I-bowl attendance record was set in 2009 with over 49,000 (Georgia vs. Texas A&M). The previous record attendance was in 1990 with over 46,000 (Louisiana Tech vs. Maryland). The 2008 year (41,567) was lower, but still quite respectable for a foe from Illinois. Tech sold it's allotment in full.

I never care to get into a ____ing match with you fine folks. But when there is one person spreading nothing but hatred and lies, I have to come and defend my school.

We should be in the same conference, and I would welcome the rivalry. Much props to the respectful Cajun posters on here. _
    I like this guy. UL would welcome the rivalry but all the holier than thou BS has to end. You can travel to Moscow, Idaho but Lafayette is a problem? Time to realize we are on an equal plain now. Got that? NOW. Sure you have 5 bowl games. Awesome. But who cares. Like I said without a bowl game in your backyard you would have one. I am respectful, but I won't pull any punches buddy. I also won't tell you what you wanna hear. If thats too hard to understand, I don't know what to tell you man. I don't have an awesome rep on here because I don't believe there is any topic that is off limits and sometimes I take it too far. But other than that I have an ok rep. Better than some.

You were right on one thing, I did say less than 5 average. My mistake. It's a 5 average. I believe UL has a similar average. About your whole attendance deal, I could care less, who puts more asses in the seats the past 5 years? Figure out the answer and let me know punchy.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    You were right on one thing, I did say less than 5 average. My mistake. It's a 5 average. I believe UL has a similar average. About your whole attendance deal, I could care less, who puts more asses in the seats the past 5 years? Figure out the answer and let me know punchy. _
    Including postseason, UL and Tech have the exact same amount of wins over the last 5 years.

UL 27-32
    Tech 27-34

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ IF the WAC survives, it will be because they added FCS teams like Sacramento State, Cal Poly, UC Davis, Montana and possibly Texas State. Image that conference schedule to go along with SJSU who is on the verge of dropping football and Idaho who plays in a 16,000 seat dome stadium. I could not imaging Tech averaging 10,000 a game with that home schedule, much less bowl tie-ins, tv games and enough revenue to offset travel. How in the world can Tech come to the conclusion that this is better than the Sun Belt? Talk about separation, that would do it.

Is ULM in serious enough financially straits that they would drop down to FCS in the Southland? Perhaps a lot will depend on the new President they select and is view of athletics. ULM is a major stumbling block for Tech joining the SBC. _

We have a winner. It would seem that if this scenario in fact did take place, Tech would be theoretically cutting off its own nose just to spite its face. It seems rediculous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ I prefer this.

WEST

New Mexico State
    Texas State
    North Texas
    Missouri State
    Arkansas State
    Louisiana Tech
    Louisiana

EAST

Western Kentucky
    Middle Tennessee
    Georgia State
    South Alabama
    Troy
    FAU
    FIU _

UH, Yeah. That'll put us on plane with the WAC in terms of being the worst conference in america once again. I'd rather keep who we have and the overall number of schools we have rather than adding FCS schools.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    UH, Yeah. That'll put us on plane with the WAC in terms of being the worst conference in america once again. I'd rather keep who we have and the overall number of schools we have rather than adding FCS schools.
    If Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, and Missouri State are all begging to be invited to your conference, and you have only 1 invitation to give, who do you take?

The answer is Missouri State, hands down.

The only thing more valuable to a conference than NCAA Tourney units is BCS AQ status. Look at the Big East. It's a mish-mash of FBS schools, FCS schools, and non-football playing schools. They make it work because each member contributes greatly to the conference's AQ status, or provides the conference with Tourney units. They have no dead weight.

When I'm looking at the value of additions to the SBC, I follow these guidelines and one more. If the school is not in a position to provide the first two criteria, they MUST bring the potential to GROW into something that could one day help the conference down the line whether it is market, stability, or tourney units.

I don't think the SBC will EVER be in a position to add a school that would bring us closer to getting AQ status. We can add schools that can bring tourney units. (see NMSU)

Now, given this criteria, there should never be any reason to add Louisiana Tech. They bring nothing to the table.

NMSU has proven they can bring tourney units.

Missouri State certainly brings tourney units.

Texas State and Georgia State have the potential to grow into something.

Tech brings nothing. They are useless.

Default Re: Will LA tech and Louisiana align?

top 25 poll for FCS to give a taste of how much it would hurt the sunbelt if they added FCS schools that yall are requesting. If it is so great to see these teams in our conference and would be a great addition. then why arent they even ranked in the Top 25 of their own division?? Its so obvious that they're not ready to move up to FBS football.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...?poll=7&week=2

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16