_ _ _ _

Thread: Cajun Signee Drafted

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Cajun Signee Drafted

Cajun signee Dominick Francia has been drafted in the 46th round by San Diego.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajun Signee Drafted

So Robe and Poirrier haven't been drafted?

i would hope justin gets an oppertunity somewhere even as a free agent deal. I think his stuff is better than average when healthy

Spoke with Francia tonight. Expected to get drafted higher but not really bothered by it.

More on Francia (From one of my blogs in mid-May):

Another Cajuns signee, outfielder Dominick Francia from St. Paul's in Mobile, Ala., could get drafted this summer but likely not high enough to keep him from ending up on campus next season. The athletic Francia hit .415 with 24 stolen bases last year to help his team reach the Alabama Class 5A state semifinals. His father, Jimmy Francia, and uncle, David Francia, both played baseball at South Alabama. His uncle played in the minors for the Philadelphia Phillies (seven years) and Chicago White Sox (one year) before becoming a scout for the San Diego Padres. Dominick also has two cousins - Shaun Cumberland and Drew Cumberland - with pro baseball experience. Shaun went in the 10th round to the Tampa Bay Rays in 2003 and played in the minors for the Rays and Cincinnati Reds from 2003-09. Drew was the 46th overall pick in the 2007 draft by the Padres and is now playing in High-A for the organization. It's quite a baseball pedigree.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...Id=personaDest

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Parrott, did I miss your story on the Cajuns drafted players and your interviews with them or is it coming later?

You missed the first one: http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...Cajuns-drafted

Will have another one Thursday after speaking with coach Robe and Dominick Francia.