Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns 1000 Point Club

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

-Well this is just one example that should have by now served notice to board members---Don't doubt Boomer---Well unless you think he is incorrect!!!!! lol Now what is the story again on how we could have had BO??? I was talking to Mrs Shipley about the 2 big losses that I remember of kids going to other schools--and I will need help on this but from Natch HS Joe Dumars to McNeese, then the kid from Boston of LC to McNeese (she said that he had already signed with UL) close to 7 foot can't remember the name and maybe BO!!! HELP!!!

Boomer, when you were coaching and recruiting did you hit 100% on every kid? Did any that you wanted ever sign elsewhere? Did any that you passed on turn out to be good or even great players for some other team?

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Another question for recruiters. How often does one miss on a guy and he ends up struggling for the place he ends up at. I bet it happens often but it was not the case with McCaleb. Bo McCaleb story is that Robert Lee was recruiting him when he was an assistant to Jessie Evans. Someone else was recruiting a kid from California. When the kid from California committed we were full at that position and withdrew the offer to McCaleb. He went on to UNO where he had a great career. Of course in that time the Privateers rarely beat the Cajuns. Turns out that the kid from California never showed up as he did not become academically eligible. He played JUCO ball and then D1 ball out on the West Coast. Coach Lee always maintained he would have taken McCaleb over the California kid but it was Jessie's decision back then.

What HS did you play for ?? Was it in LC???
    Sam Houston in Moss Bluff. I measured up just above his waist! Our 6'-3" center did block one of his dunk attempts during one of our games!

Edmund Lawrence would have been a nice Cajun player.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Another question for recruiters. How often does one miss on a guy and he ends up struggling for the place he ends up at. I bet it happens often but it was not the case with McCaleb. Bo McCaleb story is that Robert Lee was recruiting him when he was an assistant to Jessie Evans. Someone else was recruiting a kid from California. When the kid from California committed we were full at that position and withdrew the offer to McCaleb. He went on to UNO where he had a great career. Of course in that time the Privateers rarely beat the Cajuns. Turns out that the kid from California never showed up as he did not become academically eligible. He played JUCO ball and then D1 ball out on the West Coast. Coach Lee always maintained he would have taken McCaleb over the California kid but it was Jessie's decision back then.

OK--now I am sick!!!!DAMN!!!---So if we get Dumars, Lawrance, and Bo

well just think!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Sam Houston in Moss Bluff. I measured up just above his waist! Our 6'-3" center did block one of his dunk attempts during one of our games!

Edmund Lawrence would have been a nice Cajun player.

What years did you play against ST LOUIS???

I forgot you said you coached there.

We were in the same division back in 73 and 74; played basketball and football, ran track.

Were you there during that time?

There was a QB at St. Louis that signed to play at U(S)L in 72 or 73 ... do you remember his name?

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I remember coaches saying Bo McCaleb wanted to play for the Cajuns but we went with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    There was a QB at St. Louis that signed to play at U(S)L in 72 or 73 ... do you remember his name?
    Scott something?

I left St Louis after 2 years (first year it was Landry) to go to Jesuit and Coach with Hammer's Godfather!!!! started at Landry in the Fall of '69 and left in the Spring of '71

-the QB that committed to UL was Scotty Jones but he decided to go to LSU--Delbert DeVille played at UL and was a year ahead of Scotty

Marty Landry played QB after Scotty and came to UL and helped me when I coached receivers

I had a couple of shoulder operations and literally can't throw a ball 10 yards---But as he passed I could be down with the RECs watching the important things!!!

-The BRONCOS!!! right???

I left St Louis after 2 years (first year it was Landry) to go to Jesuit and Coach with Hammer's Godfather!!!! started at Landry in the Fall of '69 and left in the Spring of '71

-the QB that committed to UL was Scotty Jones but he decided to go to LSU--Delbert DeVille played at UL and was a year ahead of Scotty

Marty Landry played QB after Scotty and came to UL and helped me when I coached receivers

I had a couple of shoulder operations and literally can't throw a ball 10 feet---But as he passed I could be down with the RECs watching the important things!!!

-The BRONCOS!!! right???

Scott Jones ... that is it. He was a pretty good quarterback!

Yep, the Broncos ... a little story for you. When we played St. Louis in 74 they got 2 first downs the entire game ... the best defensive game I had ever scene ... however, St. Louis got the final revenge as we and Marion had a 3-way tie for second place and St. Louis won the tie-breaker, a coin toss. They went on to play Notre Dame in the State finals.

My room mate (Tom Couste) was the head coach for the Saints and played well against the PIOS---I had scouted/recruitied the John Curtis game (I think) with ND the game before or after---anyway we signed 5 from the ND team for the Cajuns

Grotifiend, Hundley, etc plus Sid Veneble from Crowley!!!

Default 1,000 Point Club

Shawn Long is 22 points away.

Blog Entries

#21 needs 22 to get to 1000.

Good chance of this happening Thursday.

It will happen Thursday night. Could someone post the 1000 point club. I think Shawn and Elfrid will be finish between 1800-2200 points for their careers if the stay for 4 years.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns 1000 Point Club

I know the list isn't accurate, I lost track.

I mean it was accurate in 2004 and I edit updated it a couple times but I believe there is someone besides Elfrid who belongs on the list.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns 1000 Point Club

Did Travis Bureau or Randell Daigle make the club?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Did Travis Bureau or Randell Daigle make the club?
    http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/loc...this-week.html

According to this, Payton was no. 40 in the 1000 pt. club. I am pretty sure Daigle is.

i have a pair of chuck taylors signed by half of these guys i should make my mission that all of em do

It is in fact Randall Daigle

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast