Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game 1 Friday

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ No, it is not incorrect. With an unforced runner at second base, you have a better chance of getting a ball to the right side, a fly ball to the outfield, or a base hit anywhere (any of which will do) when swinging away than getting a bunt down with two strikes ... especially when the hitter could not get the bunt down before two strikes. There are a number of ways to get the runner over to third base swinging away.

    You also need to account for the hitter at the plate and their ability to bunt vs. their ability to hit.

    Brian _





    Ever heard the phrase Bunt or lose? Thats what happened last nite. I dont care how bad a bunter this kid was you bunt with 2 strikes in that situation.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,020

    UL Baseball Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Oh View Post
    _ Ever heard the phrase Bunt or lose? Thats what happened last nite. I dont care how bad a bunter this kid was you bunt with 2 strikes in that situation. _
    Oversimplification.

    Brian

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,431

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

    Brian-

    don't waste your time using logic or reason. He will always take the position contrary. Never mind the moneyball position that the bunt is never the right statistical play.


    igeaux.mobi


  4. #44
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,012
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Oh View Post
    _ Ever heard the phrase Bunt or lose? Thats what happened last nite. I dont care how bad a bunter this kid was you bunt with 2 strikes in that situation. _
    If you think it was that clear cut, you are ignorant. "Phraseology" is part of your argument? Neither Brian or you can hold fast to "bunting or not bunting in that situation". It was situational for the men on the field. If you weren't wearing a Cajun uniform last night, you were not in a position to decide what was correct in that "situation".

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ Oversimplification.

    Brian _


    No its just the right thing to do in that situation. I bet Robe would do different next time.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,653

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Brian-

    don't waste your time using logic or reason. He will always take the position contrary. Never mind the moneyball position that the bunt is never the right statistical play.


    igeaux.mobi
    Loved the book and the statitical approach to the game however keep in mind that pro vs. college are very different games. I think if you applied the same analysis to college ball it would be different.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,536

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game1

    Any word on if the guys will be affected by the weather?
    igeaux.mobi


  8. #48
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,057

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game1

    bump for weather


  9. #49
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,014

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game1

    Game still on for 6

    igeaux.mobi


  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ If you think it was that clear cut, you are ignorant. "Phraseology" is part of your argument? Neither Brian or you can hold fast to "bunting or not bunting in that situation". It was situational for the men on the field. If you weren't wearing a Cajun uniform last night, you were not in a position to decide what was correct in that "situation". _
    I suggest corporal punishment! LOL!

  11. #51

    Default Game 2 live tweeting

    Game 2 is delayed 15 minutes by rain.

    Started at 6:15 p.m.

    Follow my live tweeting from Game 2: http://twitter.com/ULRaginCajuns


  12. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game1

    can anybody tell me what Jay is talking about happened between Bab and home plate umpire? I guess I turned it on right after it happened...


  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Crowley
    Posts
    1,224

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game1

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    _ can anybody tell me what Jay is talking about happened between Bab and home plate umpire? I guess I turned it on right after it happened... _
    Arguing because of a check swing call. Did he get tossed? I'm watching on tv

  14. #54
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,057

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game1

    Ump watch day 2. Tyler Frederick didn't even come close to swinging there.

    igeaux.mobi


  15. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game1

    No he didn't get tossed... I believe Onion came and saved Bab from getting tossed, according to Jay at least..


  16. #56
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,006

    Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game 1 Friday

    First base ump got run over at first base. This crew was out of position constantly and had to make snap decisions. Strike zone was a little bit better. They just had little to no clue. When Justin went to third because he saw no ump call time, they all looked at each other hoping someone had the answer. The first base ump made Justin go back just because I think. Our bats lifted up over shoddy umps last night. Friday we just couldn't get the big hit.

    Now we are all alone in second place. 1.5 games out of first place. Win today, one game out of first place. Middle Tennessee is tied for third and we need them to keep winning to boost their rpi and ours. Taking another series would be huge.


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •