Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game 1 Friday

Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ No, it is not incorrect. With an unforced runner at second base, you have a better chance of getting a ball to the right side, a fly ball to the outfield, or a base hit anywhere (any of which will do) when swinging away than getting a bunt down with two strikes ... especially when the hitter could not get the bunt down before two strikes. There are a number of ways to get the runner over to third base swinging away.

You also need to account for the hitter at the plate and their ability to bunt vs. their ability to hit.

Brian _

Ever heard the phrase Bunt or lose? Thats what happened last nite. I dont care how bad a bunter this kid was you bunt with 2 strikes in that situation.

UL Baseball Re: WKU vs. Louisiana - It's time...

Quote Originally Posted by Double Oh View Post
    _ Ever heard the phrase Bunt or lose? Thats what happened last nite. I dont care how bad a bunter this kid was you bunt with 2 strikes in that situation. _
    Oversimplification.

Brian

Brian-

don't waste your time using logic or reason. He will always take the position contrary. Never mind the moneyball position that the bunt is never the right statistical play.

igeaux.mobi

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Oh View Post
    _ Ever heard the phrase Bunt or lose? Thats what happened last nite. I dont care how bad a bunter this kid was you bunt with 2 strikes in that situation. _
    If you think it was that clear cut, you are ignorant. "Phraseology" is part of your argument? Neither Brian or you can hold fast to "bunting or not bunting in that situation". It was situational for the men on the field. If you weren't wearing a Cajun uniform last night, you were not in a position to decide what was correct in that "situation".

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ Oversimplification.

Brian _

No its just the right thing to do in that situation. I bet Robe would do different next time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Brian-

don't waste your time using logic or reason. He will always take the position contrary. Never mind the moneyball position that the bunt is never the right statistical play.

igeaux.mobi
    Loved the book and the statitical approach to the game however keep in mind that pro vs. college are very different games. I think if you applied the same analysis to college ball it would be different.

Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game1

Any word on if the guys will be affected by the weather?
    igeaux.mobi

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

bump for weather

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Game still on for 6

igeaux.mobi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ If you think it was that clear cut, you are ignorant. "Phraseology" is part of your argument? Neither Brian or you can hold fast to "bunting or not bunting in that situation". It was situational for the men on the field. If you weren't wearing a Cajun uniform last night, you were not in a position to decide what was correct in that "situation". _
    I suggest corporal punishment! LOL!

Default Game 2 live tweeting

Game 2 is delayed 15 minutes by rain.

Started at 6:15 p.m.

Follow my live tweeting from Game 2: http://twitter.com/ULRaginCajuns

can anybody tell me what Jay is talking about happened between Bab and home plate umpire? I guess I turned it on right after it happened...

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    _ can anybody tell me what Jay is talking about happened between Bab and home plate umpire? I guess I turned it on right after it happened... _
    Arguing because of a check swing call. Did he get tossed? I'm watching on tv

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ump watch day 2. Tyler Frederick didn't even come close to swinging there.

igeaux.mobi

No he didn't get tossed... I believe Onion came and saved Bab from getting tossed, according to Jay at least..

Default Re: WKU vs. Louisiana ... Game 1 Friday

First base ump got run over at first base. This crew was out of position constantly and had to make snap decisions. Strike zone was a little bit better. They just had little to no clue. When Justin went to third because he saw no ump call time, they all looked at each other hoping someone had the answer. The first base ump made Justin go back just because I think. Our bats lifted up over shoddy umps last night. Friday we just couldn't get the big hit.

Now we are all alone in second place. 1.5 games out of first place. Win today, one game out of first place. Middle Tennessee is tied for third and we need them to keep winning to boost their rpi and ours. Taking another series would be huge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3