Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Volleyball 2009-10 ???

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pewaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Lets clarify something. All of the players quit on their own accord ( 6 out of "HER" 8 recruits), they weren't released except for the senior to be that was told her scholarship would not be renewed during the last week of school. Which is very unacceptable in the volleyball world unless a player did something very wrong, which she did not.
    We've pretty much moved on and are very happy our daughter is home playing for a state team however I find it crazy that everyone is just blowing this whole matter off. Could it be that she is married to one of the biggest lawyers in the state? Hmmmmmmmmmm.... She has 8 open scholarships for this next year.Basically unheard of at this level. I feel sorry for the next coach who will have none available down the road for a year or two.
    Time to let this all "wash under the bridge". I truely wish you all the best and especially the football team. Sorry your Cajun did not get signed by the Packers. Although he may have hated the snow!!!


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincajun View Post
    _ Lets clarify something. All of the players quit on their own accord ( 6 out of "HER" 8 recruits), they weren't released except for the senior to be that was told her scholarship would not be renewed during the last week of school. Which is very unacceptable in the volleyball world unless a player did something very wrong, which she did not.
    We've pretty much moved on and are very happy our daughter is home playing for a state team however I find it crazy that everyone is just blowing this whole matter off. Could it be that she is married to one of the biggest lawyers in the state? Hmmmmmmmmmm.... She has 8 open scholarships for this next year.Basically unheard of at this level. I feel sorry for the next coach who will have none available down the road for a year or two.
    Time to let this all "wash under the bridge". I truely wish you all the best and especially the football team. Sorry your Cajun did not get signed by the Packers. Although he may have hated the snow!!! _

    Nobody is washing anything under the bridge. However, we've been given little to no facts about what has gone on and I trust that there are two sides to a story. This has NOTHING to do with her being married to an attorney in terms of disciplinary action or lack thereof and whether she is right or wrong in the situation. I've just chosen not to condemn either party until I've heard what truly happened. However, I'm sure its more serious than some people give it credit for being since just about the entire team has left. That is quite troubling.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Interesting how there has been no talk about who is going to replace the 6 girls that left the team. That is half of their scholarships, are they going to have enough for a team? Last time a checked there were 4 scholarship players and 1 walk on left.


  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,008
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Who was the best player on the team last year?


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,857

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgil414 View Post
    _ Interesting how there has been no talk about who is going to replace the 6 girls that left the team. That is half of their scholarships, are they going to have enough for a team? Last time a checked there were 4 scholarship players and 1 walk on left. _
    Are volleyball scholarships handed out as partial scholarships the way it's done in baseball?

  6. #46

    Default

    Nope. Full ride or none at all. Twelve scholarships a year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Are volleyball scholarships handed out as partial scholarships the way it's done in baseball?


    igeaux.mobi

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,857

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Nope. Full ride or none at all. Twelve scholarships a year.

    igeaux.mobi _
    Dang. To walk away from a full ride scholarship, things would have to be pretty bad. What is the going cost of a full ride to UL for four years?

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ Dang. To walk away from a full ride scholarship, things would have to be pretty bad. What is the going cost of a full ride to UL for four years? _
    That is very appropriate and then think that most of the players that left were starters too. Krowlikowski, Fogler and Goodwin all started almost all the games last season

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    3

    This is a GREAT IDEA Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgil414 View Post
    _ That is very appropriate and then think that most of the players that left were starters too. Krowlikowski, Fogler and Goodwin all started almost all the games last season _
    OK, Lets get things straight on this thread?:
    1. The former assistant coach boiled the pot and was not Loyal to HM, so he got let go (As he should) for his role in throwing the HC under the bus. No one on here is talking about his poor decisions.
    2. Pictures......What pictures are you talking about??? Be Specific and quit hiding behind the facts! If you know at all!
    3. Dont get on here and say "Water Under the Bridge" and then keep commenting on this thread.
    4. The ladies Volleyball Program is going in a new direction and the recruited players are maybe going to be better than what they had in the past? If its not broke dont fix it. HELLO, the Volleyball program is not a big winner at the momment. So when the change happened and the Honeymoon was over certain players and parents got their feelings hurt when "my little miss perfect/all american (In your parental eyes) got told that she was just not good enough to help the team.
    5. The Admin. not answering your calls, emails, or questions? HUMMM..... sounds like and Admin taking a stand for their head coach? Maybe they KNOW a little more FACTS on the matter than you do, or you think you do?
    6. In closing it sounds like a bunch of parents/players/ex assistant coach are all left with SOUR grapes. Its not club volleyball, its DI athletics. Also its a Buisness. I just hope you all dont go to your daughters future BOSS and complain when little miss Suzie/All American doesnt get the job, pay raise, or promotion?
    7. If there are facts state them??

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Quote Originally Posted by TXstar12 View Post
    _ OK, Lets get things straight on this thread?:
    1. The former assistant coach boiled the pot and was not Loyal to HM, so he got let go (As he should) for his role in throwing the HC under the bus. No one on here is talking about his poor decisions.
    2. Pictures......What pictures are you talking about??? Be Specific and quit hiding behind the facts! If you know at all!
    3. Dont get on here and say "Water Under the Bridge" and then keep commenting on this thread.
    4. The ladies Volleyball Program is going in a new direction and the recruited players are maybe going to be better than what they had in the past? If its not broke dont fix it. HELLO, the Volleyball program is not a big winner at the momment. So when the change happened and the Honeymoon was over certain players and parents got their feelings hurt when "my little miss perfect/all american (In your parental eyes) got told that she was just not good enough to help the team.
    5. The Admin. not answering your calls, emails, or questions? HUMMM..... sounds like and Admin taking a stand for their head coach? Maybe they KNOW a little more FACTS on the matter than you do, or you think you do?
    6. In closing it sounds like a bunch of parents/players/ex assistant coach are all left with SOUR grapes. Its not club volleyball, its DI athletics. Also its a Buisness. I just hope you all dont go to your daughters future BOSS and complain when little miss Suzie/All American doesnt get the job, pay raise, or promotion?
    7. If there are facts state them?? _
    I tend to take this stance as well. I've seen a number of general complaints, mostly from parents of annexed players, but not a single fact. It's easy to get mad or hurt in cut throat arenas like college sports, so I understand the frustration; but again, its the nature of the beast. Survival of the fittest. We all know that going in.

    I'm still waiting for someone in the "know" to step up and shed some light on the situation, but its baffling to me that people continue to refuse..

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,670

    Default Re: Another Early Departure for Volleyball?

    Quote Originally Posted by TXstar12 View Post
    _ OK, Lets get things straight on this thread?:
    1. The former assistant coach boiled the pot and was not Loyal to HM, so he got let go (As he should) for his role in throwing the HC under the bus. No one on here is talking about his poor decisions.
    2. Pictures......What pictures are you talking about??? Be Specific and quit hiding behind the facts! If you know at all!
    3. Dont get on here and say "Water Under the Bridge" and then keep commenting on this thread.
    4. The ladies Volleyball Program is going in a new direction and the recruited players are maybe going to be better than what they had in the past? If its not broke dont fix it. HELLO, the Volleyball program is not a big winner at the momment. So when the change happened and the Honeymoon was over certain players and parents got their feelings hurt when "my little miss perfect/all american (In your parental eyes) got told that she was just not good enough to help the team.
    5. The Admin. not answering your calls, emails, or questions? HUMMM..... sounds like and Admin taking a stand for their head coach? Maybe they KNOW a little more FACTS on the matter than you do, or you think you do?
    6. In closing it sounds like a bunch of parents/players/ex assistant coach are all left with SOUR grapes. Its not club volleyball, its DI athletics. Also its a Buisness. I just hope you all dont go to your daughters future BOSS and complain when little miss Suzie/All American doesnt get the job, pay raise, or promotion?
    7. If there are facts state them?? _
    I vote for ending this thread with this comment!

    One angry parent tried to come here and stir the pot regarding the volleyball program. Frankly, it didn't get the attention here like she/he thought and also didn't get the attention that she/he thought the AD should give it. So a random comment here or there kept the thread alive. Let's end it because frankly, it seems like just one person trying to keep this thread alive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •