Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ragin Brass

Default Re: The Band Seats and Basketball Court

NCAA mandates that your band has to be so far from the visiting team. They could not sit in the same spot on the opposite side of the court.

Thx. Answers that question.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ NCAA mandates that your band has to be so far from the visiting team. They could not sit in the same spot on the opposite side of the court. _
    How did you change the logo and remove the 's from Louisiana's? Looks great! Please send that to Dr. S and our AD and let's start a movement to use that logo instead of Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns. We have LOUISIANA on the football field and on our uniforms (except the women's basketball unis) and our SID uses Louisiana in all of his press releases. So, why do we still have LOUISIANA'S Ragin Cajuns as our logo? Inquiring minds want to know. Is there anybody at UL who has a clue on how to market or even gives a damn for that matter? I am seeing little evidence to the contrary.

Oh man, I would have LOVED to sit next to the opposing team when I was in the Ragin' Brass. It would have made getting into their heads a whole lot EASIER!

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Our basketball band is awesome

I give the football band a lot of crap but our basketball band is top notch. Thought I should post something positive tonight.

Default Re: Our basketball band is awesome

Definatley sounded great, and they were really into the game

Default Re: Our basketball band is awesome

I agree. The band sounded great!

Default Re: Ragin Brass (merged)

Sorry, not going to provide a name, but just an observation. Maybe I'm old school from the Shipley era. It seem the band was more interested in completing its play list. Looks like a scripted program like on a radio. The band doesn't need to play all 30 tunes it has practiced but get the crowd into the game and keep them there. Respect only once, come on......its UL's song right next to the FIght Song.

If were not scoring or losing get the crowd going so the team hears you. When you are ahead keep the crowd going.

One thing I noticed is many times it seemed like the band was the only ones cheering, nice. Carry that one step and work with the cheerleaders to get everyone involved.

Good luck the rest of the season.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by LSUTiger4RaginCajuns View Post
    After attending the last three games I'm amazed that anyone connected with the basketball program hasn't moved the band from the seats behind the goal by the Cajun bench to the seats nearest the goal by the visitors bench.

The coaches and players must have a hard time during time outs hearing each other whereas you want to rattle the visitors huddle.

I guess it's up to coach and if he is happy I am happy, just confused about the location.

Just in case anyone thinks I'm criticizing the band, not so. I think they are great. I just think they should move
    I was kind of thinking the same thing because I have a hard time hearing the person on the side of me because of the speakers are turned up so loud. Do they really need to be miked down?

I am not complaining because our basketball band is great (other than speeding up the tempo of the fight song). I am just concerned that our team cannot hear during time outs. Right now they need all the instruction they can get.

First of all, as a former basketball band member myself...the first couple of games are like rehearsals. Those guys only get together for games, they don't have practice 2-3 times a week like marching band. Some of those songs were learned by new members just last week or so. Give them a break on the first week, once they figure out what sounds best, they will play those songs. But I agree on fight song/respect.

Ragin Brass is the name? Way to be creative with that one. I hoped they would have picked something more creative than that. Hell I even like Peppa Pit better than Ragin Brass. Hows that going to sound when the announcer says Ragin Brass when you KNOW it's going to sound like Ragin Jazz with the speakers and sound waves sounding slightly distorted.

They were named the Ragin Cajun basketball band until 2003 or 2004. The school took a vote to change the name and there were a list of names to choose from...and that's what everyone vote on. So you can thank everyone for that name...don't blame the band. Same as the name of the student section "rage cage"...there is no "peppa pit".

Blog Entries

Ragin Brass since January 15 2004 actually the decision was made by Nov of 2003 but for some reason they waited till Jan. to announce.

Now, I'm not so sure they ever actuakky put "Ragin Brass" up for a student vote like they did for "Rage Cage" student section.

Now then this is a stupid question for those in the know, but here goes; Is the "Ragin Brass" 100% Brass?

And when are they going to make an appearance a Tigue Moore Field?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    They were named the Ragin Cajun basketball band until 2003 or 2004. The school took a vote to change the name and there were a list of names to choose from...and that's what everyone vote on. So you can thank everyone for that name...don't blame the band. Same as the name of the student section "rage cage"...there is no "peppa pit".
    Oh there is da peppa pit. We are the ones that actually attend games and go nuts

Quote Originally Posted by ynkfan42 View Post
    Oh there is da peppa pit. We are the ones that actually attend games and go nuts
    What I meant was, the student section is actually called "rage cage"...not peppa pit...

And NO the Ragin brass is NOT all brass. I think it's dumb...there is NO need for 3-4 woodwind instruments...it SHOULD be ALL BRASS!

I was being facetious about the peppa pit name, as I hope that name dies when they graduate lol. You are going to graduate riiight? Any who. Aside from me saying the Name Ragin Brass is too mundane, (and going to sound like they are saying Jazz over the speakers) There is no need for reed instruments in a BRASS band. Unfortunately that would include the guy playing drums as well. So they should just get an name that includes the drummer...and excludes the reeds. =P no need for wood winds outside of an orchestra, seriously who can hear you play unless the rest of the band is on rest?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthlandPride View Post
    I was being facetious about the peppa pit name, as I hope that name dies when they graduate lol. You are going to graduate riiight? Any who. Aside from me saying the Name Ragin Brass is too mundane, (and going to sound like they are saying Jazz over the speakers) There is no need for reed instruments in a BRASS band. Unfortunately that would include the guy playing drums as well. So they should just get an name that includes the drummer...and excludes the reeds. =P no need for wood winds outside of an orchestra, seriously who can hear you play unless the rest of the band is on rest?
    Good thing I still have grad school...

Good thing I still have grad school...
    You know I'm just bustin your balls right? hahah

Quote Originally Posted by SouthlandPride View Post
    You know I'm just bustin your balls right? hahah
    Ha I figured, hawk is the only one who truly dislikes us haha.

Ha I figured, hawk is the only one who truly dislikes us haha.
    Oh I don't hate ya'll. I love your support! Kinda reminds me of my college days. But that's where it ends. But really that name is just atrocious though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3