Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: RCAF Seven-City Bus Tour ... latest stop ... Baton Rouge

Default Re: Any Baton Rouge UL fans in the house?

In the Advocate this morning it is stated that around 100 UL supporters showed up at last nights meeting. I think that that is a decent turnout in Baton Rouge. We've got to start somewhere.

2. Default UL foundation flexing muscles

This is great," said Bustle, who is heading into his ninth season as Ragin' Cajuns football coach, but just the second with an active athletic foundation raising money for his program and others in the athletic department. "It's great to see ...

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Any Baton Rouge UL fans in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    In the Advocate this morning it is stated that around 100 UL supporters showed up at last nights meeting. I think that that is a decent turnout in Baton Rouge. We've got to start somewhere.
    I'd say it was more like 50 TOTAL people, and that is including EVERYONE that came on the UL Bus too. Total fan count (not counting UL alumni workers, admin, people that came on the bus which was late, employees from Home Bank that worked the event).....20 people tops!

I was disappointed that everyone had to stand the entire time too. That sucked.....

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RCAF Seven-City Bus Tour ... latest stop ... Baton Rouge

I wish my schedule would have meshed with the tour. Most BR UL alumni are looking for reasons to go to Lafayette... not have UL come to BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I wish my schedule would have meshed with the tour. Most BR UL alumni are looking for reasons to go to Lafayette... not have UL come to BR. _
    I can't find anyplace when will they come to NOLA?

Blog Entries

I just hope this isn't one-n-done and doesn't (historically) become known as the welcome Bob Marlin bus tour of 2010.

Back in 2002 there was a singular Bustle bus tour that never repeated. If this were the ninth annual Ragin' Cajuns bus tour I guarantee the attendance would be quadruple what it has been.

Can't wait till next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I just hope this isn't one-n-done and doesn't (historically) become known as the welcome Bob Marlin bus tour of 2010.

Back in 2002 there was a singular Bustle bus tour that never repeated. If this were the ninth annual Ragin' Cajuns bus tour I guarantee the attendance would be quadruple what it has been.

Can't wait till next year.
    FYI...Marlin was not even in BR, he had a migraine and stayed in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I wish my schedule would have meshed with the tour. Most BR UL alumni are looking for reasons to go to Lafayette... not have UL come to BR. _
    This is a very good point. We've got to own Lafayette before we can expect to make inroads anywhere else, especially Baton Rouge. To do that, we must start winning and going to bowl games. If the Cajuns could put together a conference championship season, the parties that would take place at the stadium on game days would be awesome. That is what will draw the locals to the games. Winning is fun. Everybody in Lafayette will want to be a part it.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ This is a very good point. We've got to own Lafayette before we can expect to make inroads anywhere else, especially Baton Rouge. To do that, we must start winning and going to bowl games. If the Cajuns could put together a conference championship season, the parties that would take place at the stadium on game days would be awesome. That is what will draw the locals to the games. Winning is fun. Everybody in Lafayette will want to be a part it. _
    I'm just taking a jab at Baton Rouge. Having the bus tours is important. It shows a willingness to step out of the Lafayette comfort zone and shows some dedication to the improvement mission. There is no fan interest generator like winning... and I agree that Cajun football success is the gravity to pull in the fans... but we have to create some fan interest and financial support in parallel to pushing for wins. I want to see more and more activities and charter additions to RCAF. The only way we are going to succeed is more financial support and it will take intelligent RCAF programs to get that done.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7