Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Charting UL Enrollment since 1901

Default Hotel LOUISIANA

Just heard on the radio here in NOLA no less... A report that about 150 UL students are going to be living in hotel rooms leased out by the University because all the dormitories are full!!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Just heard on the radio...

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Here in NOLA no less... A report that about 150 UL students are going to be living in hotel rooms leased out by the University because all the dormitories are full!!
    Uuhhh, true story. Living in the Crown Plaza.

Z

Blog Entries

Can we get a reality show out of this? :

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's a Katrina thing!!! LOL

--We need to run with this and talk about the number of kids that want to be part of the UL family

Best food in the USA---Very low unemployment

Best Chamber of Commerce

-All the academic Awards

-The latest ranking by a national Service ETC., ETC,!!!!!

Why are you all miffed by this? It's a good problem. Demand for on campus housing is huge. You grow your fan and alumni base by shedding the commuter school image

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Why are you all miffed by this? It's a good problem. Demand for on campus housing is huge. You grow your fan and alumni base by shedding the commuter school image
    Forget the reason, this is a great PR opportunity.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Slappy, I aint miffed... It is a good problem to have.

Z

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Here in NOLA no less... A report that about 150 UL students are going to be living in hotel rooms leased out by the University because all the dormitories are full!!
    The article said they'd be moving to the new dorm (Huger I think) that should be finished about Thanksgiving for the spring semester. This dorm also has about 464 beds.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The article said they'd be moving to the new dorm (Huger I think) that should be finished about Thanksgiving for the spring semester. This dorm also has about 464 beds.
    Where are the athletes living these days, in a new dorm? I thought I read that they were moving into a new dorm on one of these threads. Athletic housing was a huge recruiting deal a couple of years ago. Has that been fully resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Where are the athletes living these days, in a new dorm? I thought I read that they were moving into a new dorm on one of these threads. Athletic housing was a huge recruiting deal a couple of years ago. Has that been fully resolved?

Half are in new dorm and the other half will be in conference center.

Agreed, no one should want that image.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

There are no separate "athletic" dorms any longer, courtesy of the NCAA. Athletes use the same dorm spaces as all other students, hence increased dorm capacity (from about 1300 to 3000 I think) benefits all students equally.

There was a post in the Campus Construction thread stating the FB & soccer players were moving in to New Baker on 8/3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    There are no separate "athletic" dorms any longer, courtesy of the NCAA. Athletes use the same dorm spaces as all other students, hence increased dorm capacity (from about 1300 to 3000 I think) benefits all students equally.
    I understand, but which dorm are they now living in? It used to be the Conference Center (old Agnes Edwards), I believe. It was a recruiting nightmare and renovations of the floors they lived on were to have started a year or so ago. Just wondering the status. Do all athletes live in one dormitory along with other students or are they spread across all campus dorms?

I understand, but which dorm are they now living in? It used to be the Conference Center (old Agnes Edwards), I believe. It was a recruiting nightmare and renovations of the floors they lived on were to have started a year or so ago. Just wondering the status. Do all athletes live in one dormitory along with other students or are they spread across all campus dorms?
    I don't think there's a specific dorm. I know some of the softball, track, and football players live in the conference center. I also saw photos of some players checking into the new Baker Hall last week.

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Just heard on the radio...

this fall's class is the largest freshman class at the university since 1999. thus. no room at the inn--so far.

They are expecting a record number of freshman this Fall. The largest since the implementation of selective admissions. However, they are anticipating a decline next year (Fall 2012) when the admissions criteria is raised again.

this fall's class is the largest freshman class at the university since 1999. thus. no room at the inn--so far.

How many freshamn exactly?

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I am almost certain that with this new Freshman increase along with the greater retention of our own students plus JUCO transfers that our enrollment might be at a all-Time HIGH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I am almost certain that with this new Freshman increase along with the greater retention of our own students plus JUCO transfers that our enrollment might be at a all-Time HIGH!!!!
    Coash Hud was quoted yesterday as saying our enrollment is at 19,000. I'm sure that's an exaggeration, BUT, I like it. Exaggerate everything and make Louisiana bigger than life because we are still the best kept secret around.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast