_ _ _ _

Thread: Ivy League

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Ivy League

Today the Ivy League will announce their plans for fall sports. They led the nation by canceling all sports in March. If any sports happen in the fall, it will probably start late, end early and possibly without any fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Today the Ivy League will announce their plans for fall sports. They led the nation by canceling all sports in March. If any sports happen in the fall, it will probably start late, end early and possibly without any fans.
    And what tv deal does the ivy league have? Whatever they do as it pertains to college football is irrelevant.

Default Re: Name Changes - Ragin Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    And what tv deal does the ivy league have? Whatever they do as it pertains to college football is irrelevant.
    I'm just saying they cancelled first and everybody else fell in line. History tends to repeat. The money is apples and oranges and everybody knows that. I seriously doubt college or high school football takes place as in 2019 with masks being the only difference. To make that assumption is not realistic.

Two sports are opening up. PGA Tour is back without fans. MLB opens in two weeks. Short season and no fans. I see a pattern.

I'm just saying they cancelled first and everybody else fell in line. History tends to repeat. The money is apples and oranges and everybody knows that. I seriously doubt college or high school football takes place as in 2019 with masks being the only difference. To make that assumption is not realistic.

Two sports are opening up. PGA Tour is back without fans. MLB opens in two weeks. Short season and no fans. I see a pattern.
    You may be right, but I don't think it's irresponsible or irrational to think 25% attendance at college football games will happen.
    At any rate, I thinks it's a good idea for anyone wants to attend football games to secure season tickets and renew your RCAF donations.
    If played, this year should be special.

harvard already cancelled on campus class....so they will let them play without having to go to class in person, i expect such hypocrisy from more sports oriented conference that shall remain nameless but really? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    harvard already cancelled on campus class....so they will let them play without having to go to class in person, i expect such hypocrisy from more sports oriented conference that shall remain nameless but really? wow.
    And they are only letting freshmen on campus at all. Online consensus is Ivy football is moved to spring 2021. Announcement after 3 PM central (virtual) AD meeting.

And they are only letting freshmen on campus at all. Online consensus is Ivy football is moved to spring 2021. Announcement after 3 PM central (virtual) AD meeting.
    interesting.....since freshmen are allowed to early enroll in january, i.e. 2021 hs graduating class already on campus in jan 2021 usually (at least under normal circumstances and if this scenario played out for the big boys too, which it probably wont) could that incoming frosh, play two seasons during their freshman year?

Default Re: A Big Domino just fell

And on another front, there was an AP article in yesterday's paper about the Ivy League canceling their entire football season... Really starting to HATE all this !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    And on another front, there was an AP article in yesterday's paper about the Ivy League canceling their entire football season... Really starting to HATE all this !!!
    Not surprised..Ivy league is a bunch of wussies to put it politely. They should create a SJW league...that's all that they're good for anymore.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ivy League

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Not surprised..Ivy league is a bunch of wussies to put it politely. They should create a SJW league...that's all that they're good for anymore.
    Well if it ain't the Jack of All Trades, Handyman expert. Not really, don't know squat and can do less. Go feed your dog, dude.