_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Big Domino just fell

Default Re: A Big Domino just fell

Miami had to pay stAte $400k for canceling hurricane game

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Will be shocked if P5 schools still have to pay G5 schools for cancelling these non-conference games. As mentioned here and prior to this in many national discussions on the topic, there are clauses in these contracts that will be used to get out of the payments. I don't believe the Big 10 would do this without the advise and consent of a team of lawyers.

I think our G5 AD is a pretty smart guy, and will try to leverage what he can, but to think G5's have any leverage in this situation is very much fantasy.
    There will have to be some payments, maybe not the full amount. Happened recently with A-State and Miami. Settled for $400K out of court.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    There will have to be some payments, maybe not the full amount. Happened recently with A-State and Miami. Settled for $400K out of court.
    Decent precedent for sure. I hope I am wrong, as it would help the G5 out tremendously.

However, Miami had many other way to make those dollars up versus the current climate of universities really won't have that option. This is why I don't see them agreeing to settle as easily as Miami seemed to do.

Once again, I hope I am wrong.

Decent precedent for sure. I hope I am wrong, as it would help the G5 out tremendously.

However, Miami had many other way to make those dollars up versus the current climate of universities really won't have that option. This is why I don't see them agreeing to settle as easily as Miami seemed to do.

I would think all the schools booted off the big ten schedules could fight it together splitting the legal fees

Seems they should cancel conf games and keep the non conf if from covid peespective... P5 usually has less fans, less travel on non conf and would give conf chance at bettwr overall record. If only conf games conf total record can only be .500

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Seems they should cancel conf games and keep the non conf if from covid peespective... P5 usually has less fans, less travel on non conf and would give conf chance at bettwr overall record. If only conf games conf total record can only be .500

What?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Tell your mind to sloooow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Tell your mind to sloooow down.
    Or speed up, but it's not working where he was.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Or speed up, but it's not working where he was.
    and theyd be committing to less games, they could see how it goes then theyd have time to add some conf games.... if played just conf there would be no time to add the others in after conf slate, dec? and the non conf opponents might be bankrupt by then if they didnt have the cash infusion

Pac-12 is only doing conference...SEC x Sunbelt shortly for the belt

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Pac-12 is only doing conference...SEC x Sunbelt shortly for the belt
    PAC 12? I mean they're only to happy for an excuse to shut it down.

In Dr Maggard's interview, he predicted the Pac-12 would be soon to follow, but also said SEC, B12, ACC, AAC and CUSA were not making a decision until late July or early August.

If g5 starts taking p5 teams to court over canceled games the p5 should just break away and do like 50-60 team league for all sports

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    If g5 starts taking p5 teams to court over canceled games the p5 should just break away and do like 50-60 team league for all sports
    Within a decade the bottom half of the P5 will have been exposed as historical frauds and the top half will wonder why they have to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Within a decade the bottom half of the P5 will have been exposed as historical frauds and the top half will wonder why they have to share.
    Can't see the top half kicking them out but maybe you are on to something. Nfl, mlb and nba only have around 30 teams

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What?
    I am with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I am with you there.
    ✔️

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Probably would be a death knell for many of the G5 programs. A lot of them survive on paydays from the P5.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3