_ _ _ _

Thread: Cajun Soccer

Default Cajun Soccer

With so many foreign players on the team, does anyone have any information regarding our roster, and if anyone will have trouble making it back to Louisiana if a season is played?

Coach Key has done a fantastic job thus far, and I'm looking for him to bring UL a conference championship in the near future.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cajun Soccer

Bump

Same Q as U

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    With so many foreign players on the team, does anyone have any information regarding our roster, and if anyone will have trouble making it back to Louisiana if a season is played?

Coach Key has done a fantastic job thus far, and I'm looking for him to bring UL a conference championship in the near future.
    We still have a soccer team?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    We still have a soccer team?
    Yes. A much improved soccer team with 4 international players. One of the team leaders is from Germany. Would hate to see this team without her out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post

Not sure if you've heard, but the Trump administration just announced that if a college goes to all online classes in the fall, all of that school's international students will lose their visas and be forced to go back home or face deportation.

At this point, given the continued spread of the virus, I think it is very likely that UL will be online only.

Harvard and MIT are suing to stop this from happening. I have to think their chances of winning are good, but who knows what will happen?

Yet another stupid and cruel immigration policy.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Yes. A much improved soccer team with 4 international players. One of the team leaders is from Germany. Would hate to see this team without her out there.
    Gwen is fun to watch. Hope she gets to play this year

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Not sure if you've heard, but the Trump administration just announced that if a college goes to all online classes in the fall, all of that school's international students will lose their visas and be forced to go back home or face deportation.

At this point, given the continued spread of the virus, I think it is very likely that UL will be online only.

Harvard and MIT are suing to stop this from happening. I have to think their chances of winning are good, but who knows what will happen?

On the brighter side, at least in online classes students are not contaminated as much by personal interactions with Marxist professors.

How is it stupid and cruel when a number of individuals involved in terrorist attacks on US soil were here on student visas? If the classes are online only, can't they take the classes in their home country?

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Like right here, we could just hit that button.

it's not your fault . . .

How is it stupid and cruel when a number of individuals involved in terrorist attacks on US soil were here on student visas? If the classes are online only, can't they take the classes in their home country?
    You're right. All those UL women's soccer players are terrorists. Gotta kick them out before they bomb the Acadiana Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    On the brighter side, at least in online classes students are not contaminated as much by personal interactions with Marxist professors.
    Yeah, I think we really need to stop sending kids to universities because every professor is clearly just a closet Marxist trying to destroy America.

They need to form their worldview by watching YouTube and Facebook videos instead. That's where the true information is.

You're right. All those UL women's soccer players are terrorists. Gotta kick them out before they bomb the Acadiana Mall.
    Good job of putting words in my mouth. Germany, England, and Iceland aren't countries known for sending terrorists to the US. However, we don't know how many are currently here on student visas from other countries.

Now back to my question. If school is 100% online, why does an international student need to be in the US? If it's online, can't they simply continue taking their same courses in their home country?

I hope the soccer team is able to get back on the field. Seems like Lance is building something formidable over there. And my daughter just started loving the game. It would be great if she latched on to the team...

Good job of putting words in my mouth. Germany, England, and Iceland aren't countries known for sending terrorists to the US. However, we don't know how many are currently here on student visas from other countries.

Now back to my question. If school is 100% online, why does an international student need to be in the US? If it's online, can't they simply continue taking their same courses in their home country?
    Ok, but they are kicking out the students from Germany, England, and Iceland. That's pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

Why do they need to be in the US? Oh I don't know. Maybe because they are still playing on their college's women's soccer team?

And maybe they'd like to stay here because they are expecting to attend again in the spring semester. Maybe they bought a car, maybe they are renting an apartment, maybe they have a job, maybe they have relationships, etc.

These are the people we want in this country. They pay 3x the tuition, they are spending money in our economy, they are often smarter than average and come from well off families. They are a huge benefit to us.

Ok, but they are kicking out the students from Germany, England, and Iceland. That's pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

Why do they need to be in the US? Oh I don't know. Maybe because they are still playing on their college's women's soccer team?

And maybe they'd like to stay here because they are expecting to attend again in the spring semester. Maybe they bought a car, maybe they are renting an apartment, maybe they have a job, maybe they have relationships, etc.

These are the people we want in this country. They pay 3x the tuition, they are spending money in our economy, they are often smarter than average and come from well off families. They are a huge benefit to us.
    I'm speaking about the situation as a whole, not specifically the soccer team. I definitely want them here on campus.

If the courses are online (not at just UL but in general), why do the students need to be in the US?

Wanting to be here and liking it here is nice but securing our borders is just a little important, don't you agree? These are the type of loopholes with student visas that are exploited by very bad people when getting into the US.