_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Texas State Basketball issues

CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Texas State Basketball issues

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I don't question whether Kaspar made those comments. And, I'm not African American so I cannot comment on the hurtfulness of what he said.

But the kid was disgruntled. And, from what I understand, after he left, he asked to come back. Still trying to confirm that. Kaspar told him no.

The man has been a coach for 40 years and a head coach for more than 30. This, from what I can gather, is the first time he's been accused of comments like this.
    You are good at picking favorites and applying the stretch. If the guy is your guy, you stretch the facts in their favor. If the guy is not your guy, you stretch the facts against him.

Maybe we call you TTW Stretch

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I don't question whether Kaspar made those comments. And, I'm not African American so I cannot comment on the hurtfulness of what he said.

But the kid was disgruntled. And, from what I understand, after he left, he asked to come back. Still trying to confirm that. Kaspar told him no.

The man has been a coach for 40 years and a head coach for more than 30. This, from what I can gather, is the first time he's been accused of comments like this.
    I really wish your post about how you approach issues like this from earlier today hadn't gotten deleted because it definitely applies to this situation. Perhaps Turbine can find a way to pull it up.

I don't buy that Kaspar is a racist, but it sounds like he is guilty of not being thoughtful and aware enough to realize that the world around him has changed. His players are part of a culture that has much less tolerance for discrimination and stereotyping than the one he grew up in. Going forward, he needs to match those higher expectations.

It took a while for Bobby Knight's BS to catch with him too.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    It took a while for Bobby Knight's BS to catch with him too.
    Bobby Knight treated everyone like a unwanted dog.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Bobby Knight treated everyone like a unwanted dog.
    I enjoyed playing sports. Wasn't all that great but tried hard. But it was fun. Don't see how being constantly berated is all that fun. Even in the military, screaming was focused on basics generally to break down and rebuild. Didn't see where Knight ever seemed to treat his players as adults. But, wasn't there and some of his players loved him. Not all.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    I enjoyed playing sports. Wasn't all that great but tried hard. But it was fun. Don't see how being constantly berated is all that fun. Even in the military, screaming was focused on basics generally to break down and rebuild. Didn't see where Knight ever seemed to treat his players as adults. But, wasn't there and some of his players loved him. Not all.
    Sorry, I wasn't defending him only commenting that his behavior was boorish to everyone.

Sorry, can't get behind any organization funded by George Soros, and he is the largest donor to black lives matter. I think there are a lot of good people involved in it that have no idea who is behind it and what it's really intended to do. Wrong thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3