_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SpaceX

Default SpaceX

Is it just me or do you think the space suits the astronauts were wearing look like they are from Buck Rogers. The uniforms the support crew are wearing with the numbers look like they are from a James Bond movie.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Space x

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Is it just me or do you think the space suits the astronauts were wearing look like they are from Buck Rogers. The uniforms the support crew are wearing with the numbers look like they are from a James Bond movie.
    They were designed by a movie costume designer.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You might be right, I've never paid any attention to Buck even though his adventure movie serial,1939,series were near my youth. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Rogers

I'm very impressed by how much sleeker they've managed to make them. Those suits are not like the History Channel Ancient Aliens. I'm guessing we've already passed up the Roswell visitors.

The Falcon 9 landing on a pad in the ocean is the an engineering masterpiece.

https://youtu.be/qcHhTlYgC50

I can't believe two dudes were launched into space and they're names were Bob and Doug and at t minus 5 seconds no one said " Take off eh"

How can the media just leave that that gold just laying there? HOSERS!!

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You might be right, I've never paid any attention to Buck even though his adventure movie serial,1939,series were near my youth. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Rogers

I'm very impressed by how much sleeker they've managed to make them. Those suits are not like the History Channel Ancient Aliens. I'm guessing we've already passed up the Roswell visitors.
    My late brother worked on some of the software used on the rocket yesterday. He had a great view yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    I can't believe two dudes were launched into space and they're names were Bob and Doug and at t minus 5 seconds no one said " Take off eh"

How can the media just leave that that gold just laying there? HOSERS!!
    Hahaha! That's a good one! Anyone have any back bacon & beer, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    My late brother worked on some of the software used on the rocket yesterday. He had a great view yesterday.
    Proud, though sad, day yesterday, Mike. Proud that your brother played a role in yesterday's historic space flight. No doubt you are justifying proud. Sad because he was not there to share the experience.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Proud, though sad, day yesterday, Mike. Proud that your brother played a role in yesterday's historic space flight. No doubt you are justifying proud. Sad because he was not there to share the experience.
    Strange in that we appreciate his efforts more on this now that he is gone. Like I said earlier, the family is comforted by the view he had of yesterday's launch and continues to have over the mission.

Blog Entries

I wanted to ask you about his,thoughts on the (then) upcoming SpaceX launch when you wrote that wonderful piece about your brother, but I didn't think the timing was right.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I wanted to ask you about his,thoughts on the (then) upcoming SpaceX launch when you wrote that wonderful piece about your brother, but I didn't think the timing was right.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you. Although she is not involved in this mission, my daughter, his goddaughter, continuing the family tradition of working in the space industry gives us comfort.

Yesterday was a great day for America's manned space program. You are understandably proud of your family's contribution.

Thank you. Although she is not involved in this mission, my daughter, his goddaughter, continuing the family tradition of working in the space industry gives us comfort.
    Good for her. Just looking at the space suits, and inside the capsule illustrates the profound difference between the current tech and the space shuttle. Given the time it takes to design, develop and test something like this you would think that the SpaceX capsule us obsolete by current technology. Although the "glass" cockpit can be easily upgraded with software, I'm sure they have to do extensive testing before they introduce the upgrade.

The retrograde landing of the booster rocket on a moving drone ocean going vessel is truly outstanding. Kudos to the group that got that working.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Good for her. Just looking at the space suits, and inside the capsule illustrates the profound difference between the current tech and the space shuttle. Given the time it takes to design, develop and test something like this you would think that the SpaceX capsule us obsolete by current technology. Although the "glass" cockpit can be easily upgraded with software, I'm sure they have to do extensive testing before they introduce the upgrade.

The retrograde landing of the booster rocket on a moving drone ocean going vessel is truly outstanding. Kudos to the group that got that working.
    That landing was as impressive an event as the launch.

Strange in that we appreciate his efforts more on this now that he is gone. Like I said earlier, the family is comforted by the view he had of yesterday's launch and continues to have over the mission.
    Did not know this Mike! I can't imagine how proud you must be. Pretty awesome.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    The Falcon 9 landing on a pad in the ocean is the an engineering masterpiece.

https://youtu.be/qcHhTlYgC50
    Why was this landing done at sea and the other two on land?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Why was this landing done at sea and the other two on land?
    Many factors, including fuel, weight, trajectory, and orbit. The easy answer, after launch, if it can make it back to land, then that is preferred, otherwise, it must land at sea, which does increase the cost.

LaCajunsFan is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Many factors, including fuel, weight, trajectory, and orbit. The easy answer, after launch, if it can make it back to land, then that is preferred, otherwise, it must land at sea, which does increase the cost.
    thanks...was wondering that myself

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    You have to figure that the gyros on that booster were working overtime. I would think they have backups to backups in case of failure

Even a better view. Just an utterly amazing feat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast