_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer whiskey thread

Blog Entries

Default Summer whiskey thread

been awhile. I have actually started drinking bourbon and has switched from Woodford bourbon to Buffalo trace. This bourbon thing has me getting away from the carb bomb IPA s. Any other suggestions?

Default Re: Summer whiskey thread

Been sipping some Jefferson's Very Small Batch. Nice stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Been sipping some Jefferson's Very Small Batch. Nice stuff.
    Price range? I find Buffalo trace a lil less $$ than Woodford but smoother. Add orange bitters and man oh man.

I get it at Super 1. Don't remember exact price but it's somewhere around $35. I like Buffalo Trace too. I'm an amateur. Don't have a sophisticated palette I just experiment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    I get it at Super 1. Don't remember exact price but it's somewhere around $35. I like Buffalo Trace too. I'm an amateur. Don't have a sophisticated palette I just experiment.
    Thats where I'm at... went to nu nu s in youngsville and asked for suggestions.. once I turned him away from the $100 bottles he understood im a amatuer too lol

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Thats where I'm at... went to nu nu s in youngsville and asked for suggestions.. once I turned him away from the $100 bottles he understood im a amatuer too lol
    LOL

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Not exactly bourbon, but I've been drinking JT Meleck vodka lately. Smooth and local.

BTW, we're planning a bourbon trail excursion up to Kentucky this summer. Waiting on the Covid restrictions to ease.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not exactly bourbon, but I've been drinking JT Meleck vodka lately. Smooth and local.

BTW, we're planning a bourbon trail excursion up to Kentucky this summer. Waiting on the Covid restrictions to ease.
    Is it smoother than tito s

Blog Entries

I want a smooth, sweet, grow hair on your chest recommendation.

These guys know their whiskey

https://youtu.be/PoeIPrIXUOw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    These guys know their whiskey

https://youtu.be/PoeIPrIXUOw
    First class education there

Sipping on Angel's Envy tonight and am enjoying every sip more than the last. I also am a big fan of Willett.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post

Went to Woodford's Reserve when we played Kentucky a few years ago. That was a fun trip.

First class education there
    Yes it is. Their main thing is a good whiskey is the whiskey you like. Everyone has a different taste what is good for you probably isn't good for everyone else. That's why they have so many different brands of whiskey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Yes it is. Their main thing is a good whiskey is the whiskey you like. Everyone has a different taste what is good for you probably isn't good for everyone else. That's why they have so many different brands of whiskey.
    Im learning that with every glass.. My Ragin Cajun bros laugh when I use the orange bitters but that just seals the deal for me...

What all of you are talking about are bourbons. All bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon. Bourbon is made of at least 51% corn.

I drink my bourbon neat and i don't mind paying a little more if it's really good stuff. Angel's Envy is one of my favorites. It's about $48 per bottle.

Buffalo Trace is my favorite $25 bourbon here in Louisiana.

But, if you're in Texas, you'll find a 1/2 gallon size Wellers Green Label for $38.

And, if you ever see Very Old Barton, pick up a bottle. A half gallon is about $18 and you'd be amazed at how good it is.

Right now on my shelf I have Very Old Barton, Colonel Taylor, Angel's Envy and Buffalo Trace. Had SID Josh Brunner to my house last week and we killed a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean Wheated. It's about $78 a bottle, but it was really good.

Nunu's in Youngsville has an excellent selection of bourbon, maybe the best in town. Albertson's on Ambassador at Johnston has a good selection, too.

And, if you want to try something different, check out the selection at Joey's. You'll pay a couple of bucks more but you'll find things that are worth trying if you feel adventurous. I'm a big fan of Virgil Kaine. It's not cheap but I really like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    What all of you are talking about are bourbons. All bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon. Bourbon is made of at least 51% corn.

I drink my bourbon neat and i don't mind paying a little more if it's really good stuff. Angel's Envy is one of my favorites. It's about $48 per bottle.

Buffalo Trace is my favorite $25 bourbon here in Louisiana.

But, if you're in Texas, you'll find a 1/2 gallon size Wellers Green Label for $38.

And, if you ever see Very Old Barton, pick up a bottle. A half gallon is about $18 and you'd be amazed at how good it is.

Right now on my shelf I have Very Old Barton, Colonel Taylor, Angel's Envy and Buffalo Trace. Had SID Josh Brunner to my house last week and we killed a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean Wheated. It's about $78 a bottle, but it was really good.

Nunu's in Youngsville has an excellent selection of bourbon, maybe the best in town. Albertson's on Ambassador at Johnston has a good selection, too.

And, if you want to try something different, check out the selection at Joey's. You'll pay a couple of bucks more but you'll find things that are worth trying if you feel adventurous. I'm a big fan of Virgil Kaine. It's not cheap but I really like it.
    My taste for bourbon was clenched when I had my first old fashion. God I love those along with szerarc

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Is it smoother than tito s
    Absolutely. It's the best Vodka I've experienced. And that includes those I've had in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I want a smooth, sweet, grow hair on your chest recommendation.
    Find some bottled in bond always 100 proof and has specific rules about age and how its aged.

Been drinking Longbranch bourbon recently. Very nice! Under $40.
    From the Wild Turkey family of bourbon. Oak and Texas mesquite charcoal refined.
    Definitely recommend a try!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast