_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CUSA the next P5 conference

Default CUSA the next P5 conference

https://www.katc.com/sports/ul-sport...h-the-sun-belt

Tech AD thinks his school and CUSA is head and shoulders above Louisiana and the SBC. What an arrogant P***K!

Default Re: CUSA the next P5 conference

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post

Tech AD thinks his school and CUSA is head and shoulders above Louisiana and the SBC. What an arrogant P***K!
    A clown from Ryan Street high after the state pulls funding they can have fun bussing to utep and odu

He is getting destroyed by national media now lol

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    A clown from Ryan Street high after the state pulls funding they can have fun bussing to utep and odu

He is getting destroyed by national media now lol
    I don't know exactly but I believe the SBC is statically better in football and baseball not sure on basketball but it's a perception issue. I would bet most think CUSA is better than SBC which is not the case but that's the perception. I'm not convinced moving to CUSA would be a step up financially for UL. Maggard needs to call out this jack ___ at Tech and get other CUSA ADs to agree to merge. Top five or six from each conference to form a stronger regional presence.

RaginDave is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Let's just compare the two.

Bryan Maggard--Maggard received a bachelor's degree in journalism and a master's degree in health and physical education, both from Kansas State University. He received a Ph.D. in Educational and Counseling Psychology from the University of Missouri.

Tommy McClelland--McClelland earned his bachelor's degree from Northwestern State in 2004 and completed his master's degree in sports administration in 2005. McClelland is also a 2012 graduate of the Executive Program of the Sports Management Institute and attended instruction at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School and the University of Southern California's Marshall School of Business.

Bryan Maggard--Maggard, a native of Dexter, Kan., joined the Ragin' Cajuns after spending 21 years at the University of Missouri where he most recently served as the Tigers' Executive Associate Athletic Director.

Tommy McClelland--Prior to being named athletic director at McNeese State on March 19, 2008, McClelland served as interim athletic director and assistant athletic director of internal affairs at the university.

I don't know exactly but I believe the SBC is statically better in football and baseball not sure on basketball but it's a perception issue. I would bet most think CUSA is better than SBC which is not the case but that's the perception. I'm not convinced moving to CUSA would be a step up financially for UL. Maggard needs to call out this jack ___ at Tech and get other CUSA ADs to agree to merge. Top five or six from each conference to form a stronger regional presence.
    Maggard will never call him out, nor should he. Time and reality will humble the brokeback mutt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Maggard will never call him out, nor should he. Time and reality will humble the brokeback mutt.
    Exactly...Maggard is straight class! The best thing is when we just blow right past Ruston....if we haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Exactly...Maggard is straight class! The best thing is when we just blow right past Ruston....if we haven't already.
    Agree with the first part, but the second, NO. We have not "blown right past" LA Tech. They've taken us to the woodshed in recent memory in football, and even in baseball the past few years they've had more success.

Football is a overall athletic perception sport, like it or not. We won't have blown past them until we're able to beat them down, and we start finishing seasons ranked significantly ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    We have.

Well according to ESPN, CBS Sports, PFF etc etc Sunbelt is a stronger football conference, and that's all that matters.since we are both a one-bid league in shooty hoops.

moorecajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

He sounds kind of like the men's bb coach at lsua&m.

McClelland is a jackass but you Cajuns sure get triggered easily. I thought y'all went Big 12 years ago though?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    McClelland is a jackass but you Cajuns sure get triggered easily. I thought y'all went Big 12 years ago though?!!?
    Blue, this you?

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/ne...rk/5274874002/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Shoot for the stars land in the clouds .. A Fans can say those things but the head out your athletic department there will be ramifications for that

Blog Entries

The guy is a jerk but this ill advised statement has been proved true over and over and over and over and over.

"If we all decided to have a membership expansion. I think there would be numerous schools from that league who would be interested in paying the premium that we all paid to be in this league," he said. "If their league expanded, I don't think any of our teams would be interested in that. That is the litmus test for merging."

LaCajunsFan is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Shoot for the stars land in the clouds .. A Fans can say those things but the head out your athletic department there will be ramifications for that
    Exatcly. Fan smack is one thing, but for an AD to come out and not only say what he said, but also with that smug and condescending attitude will come back to bite him for sure. And not just with us, or even the SBC....he made a fool of himself nationwide. He is a small time nothing and just came across as desperate to make himself look bigger than he is, for no one other than the ltur fans.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Maggard is always class, while several representatives from other in state schools just look like absolute smug jerks.

Tech has owned us in football, yes. But name another sport? Even in basketball. The last time Tech made the NCAA tournament was during the "Cold War" and we've beaten them more often than not when we resumed playing.

If UL would join CUSA outright, would it really be a step up? Absolutely not. The Sun Belt has proven to be the better league in many sports recently.

A merger would be great for travel, finances and regional match ups. Mr. McClelland is living in a dream land if he believes anyone other than an FCS school moving to CUSA would be moving "up a level." What a putz.

In other Sports News from Ruston:

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/ne...rk/5274874002/

Is dog fighting a sanctioned sport at LATECH or is it just an intermural?

I wasn't going to say anything as I am enjoying this meltdown lol, but you guys are so soft lol. Tommy hurt y'all feelings by what he said. He earned more points in my book. Way to go Tommy. Now carry on with your crying LOSERS.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Trailer park is probably about right but they don't fight dogs, they kill dogs.
    Eff blu and eff Tammy Macdoodle or whatever his name is.

LaNech's idiot AD needed to say something "outrageous" to get Nech some attention. They are irrelevant and have been hemorrhaging money and interest for a decade. Stuck on state welfare and begging to be noticed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast