_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Any word on what went down at Teurlings?

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by redstickcajun View Post
    I graduated in 1997. I was the guy who commuted from Lafayette.
    Certain parents of the freshman class when I was a senior is one major reason Wayne left.

Default Re: Any word on what went down at Teurlings?

My brother graduated 2003 at vc, a little younger.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by tboy68 View Post
    You're lil "Braxton" must have been a pine rider.
    Did't go to TCH. But have many friends and business acquaintences whose kids have.

Were u recruited and on schooarship?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Were u recruited and on schooarship?
    Lol no had to much fun in Layette and parents wanted me in a school where I didn't know anyone! But everyone we played asked me that.

Just want to say Coach Masson is an awesome wrestling coach. My son spent 4 years as a wrestler there never intending to be a wrestler. Coach Masson went out and got him mostly cause he weighed less than 105 his freshman year. Baseball coach never had to worry about that. Way more players than there were spots for.

Coach Masson is an awesome coach and English teacher. I post this in the interest of fairness because I wouldn't want anybody thinking this was widespread at Teurlings.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Just want to say Coach Masson is an awesome wrestling coach. My son spent 4 years as a wrestler there never intending to be a wrestler. Coach Masson went out and got him mostly cause he weighed less than 105 his freshman year. Baseball coach never had to worry about that. Way more players than there were spots for.

Coach Masson is an awesome coach and English teacher. I post this in the interest of fairness because I wouldn't want anybody thinking this was widespread at Teurlings.
    I'll ditto that. He appears to do a good job with the running backs as well.

Coach Masson is a great coach and a good guy. He was treated unfairly by the LHSAA last year for a rules violation that he admitted to and self reported. They threw the book at him to make an example out of him. He was genuinely devastated by it to not be able to coach his team.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    Coach Masson is a great coach and a good guy. He was treated unfairly by the LHSAA last year for a rules violation that he admitted to and self reported. They threw the book at him to make an example out of him. He was genuinely devastated by it to not be able to coach his team.
    There is NEVER a grey area on LHSAA violations, self reported or not. To expect otherwise is straight up dreaming. Look up 2006 LHS boy's soccer team if think what happened to Masson was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    He is a tough coach as well... remember we swept them in a dual meet match

He made the team go run laps outside before the next round

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There is NEVER a grey area on LHSAA violations, self reported or not. To expect otherwise is straight up dreaming. Look up 2006 LHS boy's soccer team if think what happened to Masson was bad.
    Your right, there is not a grey area but the way LHSAA choose to enforce those violations is downright criminal. This year that was various intentional rule violations by other wrestling programs that were given hand slaps in comparison. In the end, LHSAA cannot stop the Teurlings powerhouse wrestling program. Its a program built by great men that translates to a great group if kids and parents.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He probably just didn't cater to a certain group of parents who thinks their little Brayden, Braxton or Peyton is the next Bryce Harper.
    Can't stand parents, especially those who are school administrators themselves, who meddle in competitive sports like this. Happens in public schools when the parents are principals/school board members, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Your right, there is not a grey area but the way LHSAA choose to enforce those violations is downright criminal. This year that was various intentional rule violations by other wrestling programs that were given hand slaps in comparison. In the end, LHSAA cannot stop the Teurlings powerhouse wrestling program. Its a program built by great men that translates to a great group if kids and parents.
    A coach cannot trust anyone with documentary actions for their coaches and players anymore. Look at the "Acadiana rule" in football regarding forfeits. Someone on the admin side simply went with things on face value where LHSAA (and their competition) does due diligence. Happens especially in basketball, where all the top players know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Yep they will find someone. Maybe Austin Robicheaux?
    Seems like a perfect situation for Brooks Badeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Can't stand parents, especially those who are school administrators themselves, who meddle in competitive sports like this. Happens in public schools when the parents are principals/school board members, etc.
    Yup, this isn't just a private school issue.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Seems like a perfect situation for Brooks Badeaux.
    Word on the street is Badeaux wants a $75k structured contract to only coach baseball. Does not want to teach or coach a 2nd sport.

Sounds like a dream job if he gets it.

Wonder if Sonny tries to lure Dugas away from his assistant gig Northwestern State...

Quote Originally Posted by TCbacker54 View Post
    Wonder if Sonny tries to lure Dugas away from his assistant gig Northwestern State...
    Negative. It's a 3 horse race right now. Dugas doesn't want to coach high school.

3 horse race? I would like to box the 1, 2 & 3 horse in a trifecta bet, please.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    3 horse race? I would like to box the 1, 2 & 3 horse in a trifecta bet, please.
    Might be a tuff bet to win. I think they will only pay one horse.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast