_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 243

Thread: Is Realignment Coming?

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If T's prediction comes true and the state of Louisiana removes all athletic allocations from the university budgets next year leaving only self generated funding the outlook of all non-LSU schools will be very interesting.
    Louisiana got off that tit a couple years back. In fact LSU and Louisiana are the only school that have not accepted those funds of late...we'll be fine.

  2. #142
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    18,849

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Louisiana got off that tit a couple years back. In fact LSU and Louisiana are the only school that have not accepted those funds of late...we'll be fine.
    Not sure that we can count on the old parameters for funding things. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I think everything will be in a state of flux come July 1,2020.

  3. #143
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,980

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Louisiana got off that tit a couple years back. In fact LSU and Louisiana are the only school that have not accepted those funds of late...we'll be fine.
    Not sure where that leaves any of us in the next couple of years.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    482

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Now he's a douchebag!
    Understatement

  5. #145
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,980

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Now he's a douchebag!
    You are not doing any favors to the douchbag's of the world. That guy is really something else.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,181

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Self-awareness isn't really a thing up in Rustonia


  7. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Self-awareness isn't really a thing up in Rustonia
    Where does that arrogance come from?

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Freetown
    Posts
    8,352

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Where does that arrogance come from?
    I mean ESPN paid the sunbelt to be its conference on its new platform while CUSA gets a gradstudent broadcasting on his Facebook live account.. they truly are light years beyond us

  9. #149
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Where does that arrogance come from?
    They are sniffing too much line pollen up there.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Pine pollen!


  11. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Tech fans think we are in a downward spiral apparently lol.


  12. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Tech fans think we are in a downward spiral apparently lol.
    Well, we finished ranked ahead of them this past season; so they must be borderline dead then.

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    IOWA, LA
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    That guy, Tommy McSouthland, is only trying to elevate himself within the L A Tech faithful. He is behind the curtain. Save the video, LOL


  14. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,716

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Where does that arrogance come from?
    Lake Charles

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_McClelland

    With each passing day, if the past few years continue the SBC will surpass CUSA in the perception arena. Wasn't that long ago the MAC was perceived ahead of CUSA and the SBC. They're headed down the proverbial toilet today.

    Meanwhile, saw the death knell phrase tonight...The Autonomy Five Conferences. Pretty much kills the AAC's P-6 pipe dream. Welcome back AAC to the Gang of "all you others"...though you never really left.

  15. #155
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Well, the AAC now has an odd number of schools with UConn leaving, but they've passed us over repeatedly since day 1, so I'm not wasting any hope there.


  16. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    460

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    If the aac is smart they take Army


  17. #157
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    482

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    There's no reason for a merger. In fact, there might be a CUSA school or two moving to the SunBelt. Especially after the screwball comments of the Tech AD. That guy pointed out to the P5 world, and maybe everyone else, just how irrelevant his school and its affiliations are in the current landscape.


  18. #158
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    18,849

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    If the aac is smart they take Army
    Are you sure Army wants in? Maybe post Wuhan they need to.

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    1,233
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    A merger doesn't seem like a financial benefit for us except for travel partners, but this can be achieved with scheduling alliances. CUSA needs us more financially than we need them. SBC is in a better position than CUSA going forward due to geography and the number of schools. Adding schools to a conference means less football and television money per school. They are geographically in a wider area and get less pay out per school, especially since we have come on top of them the last few years in football.


  20. #160
    CajunT's Avatar
    CajunT is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    12,178
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Is Realignment Coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    There's no reason for a merger. In fact, there might be a CUSA school or two moving to the SunBelt. Especially after the screwball comments of the Tech AD. That guy pointed out to the P5 world, and maybe everyone else, just how irrelevant his school and its affiliations are in the current landscape.
    George, you I have different opinions on this discussion. When I talk to friends in our age group, most of them would like to at least see us return to playing our peers again in a more regional aligned conference. I don't care what you call it the SBC, or CUSA. Or, we can simply merge most of programs together in to one super conference with four divisions or pods. I would much rather see UL play Rice, UNT, USM, Tech and UAB while playing a championship game against an App St, WKU, Troy, MTU or GSouthern. We are not going anywhere outside of a long shot of the AAC. I don't care about current SBC schools outside of Ark St, App St, Troy and Georgia Southern. My kids a don't care about any of those programs either. And I have no desire to watch SBC football as it sits today for another decade. I'm not spending money on premium seating to watch that crap.JMO

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •