_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 97 ReRaileded

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    i also doubt the ncaa audits these camps to ensure the camp payout that goes to the volunteer was really profit from the camp and that the camp wasnt actually in the red or had other sources of funds laundered through the camps
    The post about the summer camps and audits might be one of the best posts in Ragin pagin history. I don't think he realizes schools booster clubs can pay the volunteer assts whatever they want. There's a reason some volunteer assts make over 6 figures

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Jordan Wallace makes light of infamous NCAA Record

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    What SEC rules were violated in this particular instance? All of the coaches were fired and the AD lost his job over this. Corey Myers was a pig who had improper relationships with players and used his influence over players to gain sexual favors. The young lady has filed a civil suit alleging violations of Title IX which are federal laws. While reprehensible, all parties involved in the initial action and subsequent coverup lost their jobs and have been humiliated to the point where they are toxic and basically unemployable by any collegiate program. Your venom is better spit at Auburn more so than the SEC.
    Least we forget tutorGATE at LSU. Told y'all those young women were never going to testify in open court. After trying to defame and ruin their lives LSU decided to pay undetermined amounts of money and got them into another university for post graduate education.

Default Re: 97 ReRaileded

Yup, the death penalty is dead in the current environment and has been for the past 20+ years for D1 sports.

Look at what happened recently at UNC, Louisville and what is going on at Kansas. Different time and different standards.

Blog Entries

This is the guy who found 12 wins UL didn't know about from 1901 to 1908.

I like history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Alot has changed in the past 40-50 years.
    Soooooooooo....you indirectly defending Marlin?

Haven't seen a Big Fish thread in weeks.

You guys go ahead and take it really off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    The post about the summer camps and audits might be one of the best posts in Ragin pagin history. I don't think he realizes schools booster clubs can pay the volunteer assts whatever they want. There's a reason some volunteer assts make over 6 figures
    Fair enough. I actually believe that. I realize ncaa is always railroading new rules in to help their big boys. Coukd you post the regulation that allows it just to close the loop.
    If true, why then are there so many media reports about the need to pay the volunteer coach? And coaches always whining about it?
    While we are at it, do you have any proof that walkons pay tuition or is that a false title as well?

These rich volunteer coaches sure seem to have the wool pulled over the media's and head coach's eye

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ac772.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Soooooooooo....you indirectly defending Marlin?

Haven't seen a Big Fish thread in weeks.

You guys go ahead and take it really off the rails.
    I have a strong feeling we'll be playing basketball into the third week of March next season.

I have a strong feeling we'll be playing basketball into the third week of March next season.
    if season starts in feb? ha

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    These rich volunteer coaches sure seem to have the wool pulled over the media's and head coach's eye

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ac772.amp.html
    Once again your link proves nothing except if that would have passed some schools would have paid 4 assistants over 100k but let's grt b to you thinking the third assistant has a cap on what he makes, that's great

this story is 3 years old. Everyone knows that he did the same thing at Az. State prior to him coming to Auburn. Each time, his father looked the other way.

Your original post was that the SEC was sweeping "violations" under the rug. You are trying to use this matter as an example of the SEC failing to take action against Corey Myers when in fact, this is not a matter that falls within the government of either the SEC or NCAA. Find another example and quit embarrassing yourself.
    i would prefer az state be punished as well....after all they received more than tshirts. not saying just the behavior, but you dont think that should be a starting point (or probable cause) to see if other illegal benefits weree being received? whatever happened to the "institutional control" aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    According to the NCAA loaning basketball players your car was worse than what this coach did.
    bump. and dont forget tshirts. meanwhile the auburn players in hoops who in fact were found guilty of receiving improper benefits still got to play in final four, and received free new tshirts each round of that tourney, while there coach was on trial, ....but school did nothing wrong....

I think we need to realize that what was done to our basketball team in the 70s is likely to never happen again, especially to a larger program. The death penalty didn't stick for Penn State covering up child rape by its longtime football coach.

Yes, it sucks what the NCAA did to us in the 70s, especially since them showing up in Lafayette was instigated by racist jackholes in Louisiana, but it doesn't really do us any good in this day in age to keep saying "ya'll did this to us, why not them?". Alot has changed in the past 40-50 years.
    well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Once again your link proves nothing except if that would have passed some schools would have paid 4 assistants over 100k but let's grt b to you thinking the third assistant has a cap on what he makes, that's great
    i said i believe you, can you just post the statute or reg so we all get on same page.

why are they pretending to be poor if they can be paid more already?

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...lege-baseball/

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    According to the NCAA loaning basketball players your car was worse than what this coach did.
    Hey, but at least they still got a free ride

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Hey, but at least they still got a free ride
    LOL nice.

As a previous poster said, while reprehensible, it was not a violation of NCAA or SEC rules. I get it that you despise the SEC but find a real violation of NCAA or SEC league rules that were swept under the rug. This instance ain't it.
    Penn State and Joe Paterno would beg to differ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2