_ _ _ _
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
Results 201 to 215 of 215

Thread: Softball players leaving for next year.

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Jay, I know you're a baseball guy and because you do the play-by-play, you never had the opportunity to watch softball on a regular basis. But, now that you have a little time on your hands, maybe you can follow softball a little more than you've been able to in the past. Your input, writing and reporting on softball would be greatly appreciated. I seriously believe, with Glasco as coach, the softball team will be the first team since the water ski team to win a national championship.
    I asked Jay when we recruited A. Brignac and crew who he thought our first sport to earn a Natty would be. Brilliant as he is, he figured softball. And now years later, still is.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    1,909

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Jay, I know you're a baseball guy and because you do the play-by-play, you never had the opportunity to watch softball on a regular basis. But, now that you have a little time on your hands, maybe you can follow softball a little more than you've been able to in the past. Your input, writing and reporting on softball would be greatly appreciated. I seriously believe, with Glasco as coach, the softball team will be the first team since the water ski team to win a national championship.
    I would love to see Jay take over the the PXP for softball!

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    1,909

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Virginia Tech or NC State might be the landing spot for Jana Johns??? I have a friend out in Richmond Virginia and he heard it could be down to these two teams.I hope she comes to the Cajuns,who be a huge pickup.


  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    23,127
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    I asked Jay when we recruited A. Brignac and crew who he thought our first sport to earn a Natty would be. Brilliant as he is, he figured softball. And now years later, still is.
    A Softball Natty would be sweet to go alongside the 194(?) Heavyweight Boxing Natty, the unrecognised 43-44 Football Natty, the 60's Weightlifting Natty(s), and the Ski Team Natty(s).

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    I currently live in Alexandria.
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Virginia Tech or NC State might be the landing spot for Jana Johns??? I have a friend out in Richmond Virginia and he heard it could be down to these two teams.I hope she comes to the Cajuns,who be a huge pickup.
    Maybe your friend read it on Robocoach where it was posted yesterday that those 2 teams were now following her on Twitter.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    1,909

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    Maybe your friend read it on Robocoach where it was posted yesterday that those 2 teams were now following her on Twitter.
    Its possible? He didn't say where he heard it. I only get on softball america, justins world of softball and D1 softball so not really familiar with Robocoach.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A Softball Natty would be sweet to go alongside the 194(?) Heavyweight Boxing Natty, the unrecognised 43-44 Football Natty, the 60's Weightlifting Natty(s), and the Ski Team Natty(s).
    And bowling and trampoline.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,953

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Jay, I know you're a baseball guy and because you do the play-by-play, you never had the opportunity to watch softball on a regular basis. But, now that you have a little time on your hands, maybe you can follow softball a little more than you've been able to in the past. Your input, writing and reporting on softball would be greatly appreciated. I seriously believe, with Glasco as coach, the softball team will be the first team since the water ski team to win a national championship.
    You know, I said publicly before the season started that we had a shot to win the whole thing this year. I still believe that. I'm with you on Coach Glasco.

    Now, my goal here is to continue doing games on the radio, which would preclude me from seeing much, if any, softball. I think I saw three games in 2019. But I've always paid attention to it.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,953

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are still a member of the media Jay.

    I appreciate the series you are doing for RaginCajuns.com
    Thank you. I have a couple of zoom interviews I wanted to do that didn't work out. I'm working on a couple more..and if they work out,, I think you'll like them.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,953

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    I asked Jay when we recruited A. Brignac and crew who he thought our first sport to earn a Natty would be. Brilliant as he is, he figured softball. And now years later, still is.
    I am VERY happy to report Dr. Domec (nee Brignac) has agreed to go "Inside the Birdcage" with me. Watch for our video interview soon!!

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I am VERY happy to report Dr. Domec (nee Brignac) has agreed to go "Inside the Birdcage" with me. Watch for our video interview soon!!
    That will be fun. Her web page is really good. No surprise she is doing well. Brilliant and hard worker. Good combo. Pitched pretty good too. One of our killer Bs!!

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    I currently live in Alexandria.
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Its possible? He didn't say where he heard it. I only get on softball america, justins world of softball and D1 softball so not really familiar with Robocoach.
    Kudos to you for subscribing to those services. I enjoy softball and have been a Louisiana season ticket holder for many years. I know the other 2 sites require a subscription to view their information. Justin's World used to be for free but didn't it also go to requiring a subscription? Robocoach (a/k/a Ultimate College Softball) is a free site that does not provide any information on its own. All forum content is that which is provided by fans/members of the site. If you are a fan of college softball, it is a good site to visit.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    1,909

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    Kudos to you for subscribing to those services. I enjoy softball and have been a Louisiana season ticket holder for many years. I know the other 2 sites require a subscription to view their information. Justin's World used to be for free but didn't it also go to requiring a subscription? Robocoach (a/k/a Ultimate College Softball) is a free site that does not provide any information on its own. All forum content is that which is provided by fans/members of the site. If you are a fan of college softball, it is a good site to visit.
    Yes now days they all charge, and I can understand that nothing is really free. Justin's is the cheaper one at $25 per year, but there info seems to slack behind. I will have to check out Robocoach. Huge fan here of baseball and softball.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    23,127
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    And bowling and trampoline.
    Now we talkin.

    Those two literally were in a class of their own.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    1,909

    Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Now we talkin.

    Those two literally were in a class of their own.
    I didn't know that UL had those two as sports.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •