_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lafayette City Golf Courses Closed, Abbeville Open

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is there a course that doesn't allow 12 year old's to play?
    I don't know what the cut off is, but there is an age restriction at all Lafayette public courses.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lafayette City Golf Courses Closed, Abbeville Open

Is there a course that doesn't allow 12 year old's to play?
    I have no idea about today, but when I was a kid my primitive research said I couldn't play around here.

My only golf option was summer vacation at a 9-hole Junior Golf Course in Lincoln Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't know what the cut off is, but there is an age restriction at all Lafayette public courses.
    I'm thinking that's kids playing by themselves but there is no limit on what their age is if you are playing with them I'd imagine.

I'm thinking that's kids playing by themselves but there is no limit on what their age is if you are playing with them I'd imagine.
    I've called and been told no by every course. It's been a few years but the whole reason I joined OCC was over the policy.

I've called and been told no by every course. It's been a few years but the whole reason I joined OCC was over the policy.
    I've seen kids not older than 10 or 11 playing with their parents at Muni and VC. I grew up playing with my dad at VC when I was 9. That would be crazy.

I've seen kids not older than 10 or 11 playing with their parents at Muni and VC. I grew up playing with my dad at VC when I was 9. That would be crazy.
    It's outrageous. I've told David, point blank, "Grow the game my àss."

We use to have to drive to Squirrel in NI to get on the course with my daughter.

Played Sunday at VC and their were many kids in the range from 8-14 playing with their fathers/grandfathers. I think as long as they are playing with adult supervision, they allow it. I think the guidelines say no, but when you show up with the kids, they do not say no. And as long as they have their own clubs. You know they want every possible $ they can get out of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2