_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    3,109

    UL Baseball Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    I came across this video just the other day. It was the first time I had seen it.

    Darren Walker sat down with Tony Robichaux for this podcast on February 13, 2019.

    It is just over an hour and a half long. It is a very good interview.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9uiJc3UAv8


  2. #2
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,111

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    This interview is different than everyone I have heard in the past. Robe would talk about baseball and the kids on the team and how he was trying it make men of them. Here he delves into his life. I learn more here about the man and how to lived his life. I try so hard to emulate his life and how he lived it.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,825
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I try so hard to emulate his life and how he lived it.
    BE#36

    ROBE#36

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LAFAYETTE, LA
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    Love the "You're Ideal Vacation Spot" question. Robe starts his answer at the 1:08:19 mark and ends at 1:12:57 mark. And never answers the question!

    Even though he always answered way more than the question in his interviews I was always intrigued.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    3,109

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    That was one of the things that I liked about this podcast. Darren may have only asked 10-12 questions. One question and then sit back and listen. Tony would have to "go back to" to fully develop his answer and then come to the present. Always enlightening. It was great to learn what his favorite tv shows, movies, and the three people with which he would like to share dinner. Much insight about the man, Tony Robichaux, more so than the coach.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    5,791

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    Did he write a book? Has anyone written one about him or started the process now?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I came across this video just the other day. It was the first time I had seen it.

    Darren Walker sat down with Tony Robichaux for this podcast on February 13, 2019.

    It is just over an hour and a half long. It is a very good interview.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9uiJc3UAv8
    This was good. I had not seen it either. A few things in there I hadn't heard before.
    Thanks for posting.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    3,109

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    This was good. I had not seen it either. A few things in there I hadn't heard before.
    Thanks for posting.
    You are welcome.

  9. #9
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    6,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Did he write a book? Has anyone written one about him or started the process now?
    Jay?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    Is it just me or is it kind of weird when he said he does not want a statue in front of the stadium.

    I know he always said that but man seems so soreal!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,825
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Rock View Post
    Is it just me or is it kind of weird when he said he does not want a statue in front of the stadium.

    I know he always said that but man seems so soreal!
    The statue is a conundrum of respect.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Tony Robichaux - Ragin Cajun Podcast Feb 13, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Jay?
    The process has begun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •