_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ole Buckley Stirring The Pot

CajunT is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ole Buckley Stirring The Pot

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    But that's not what I'm saying is incorrect and I've never tried to say that it is incorrect. You are saying that RCAF funds are institutional support. That is not correct. Institutional support is money provided by the university and the university only. Whether that be in grants in aid, fees, money allocated for spending by the university, etc.

Quote from a previous post of yours..." Let's start here with the fact that RCAF is not separated from the UL Lafayette Foundation, they both have the same tax ID number. So any transfer of funds from RCAF to athletics is still designated as institutional support."
    Geaux, you corrected my statement on Institutional Support and RCAF donations. But you also posted the following:

"The University and the Foundation are separate entities. Anything coming from the Foundation is not coming from the institution so it is not reported as institutional support."

RCAF is listed as a Sub-Corporation and Entity of the University Foundation, so while they function as separate entities, they are not because they indeed have the same TAX ID Number. There is no complete separation. They would have to have separate TAX ID Numbers like TAF, which sued LSU in 1987 to have complete separation and it's own Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Geaux, you corrected my statement on Institutional Support and RCAF donations. But you also posted the following:

"The University and the Foundation are separate entities. Anything coming from the Foundation is not coming from the institution so it is not reported as institutional support."

RCAF is listed as a Sub-Corporation and Entity of the University Foundation, so while they function as separate entities, they are not because they indeed have the same TAX ID Number. There is no complete separation. They would have to have separate TAX ID Numbers like TAF, which sued LSU in 1987 to have complete separation and it's own Foundation.
    The University has a tax ID of 72-6000820.

The Foundation has a tax ID of 72-6023686.

What did I say that was incorrect about the University and the Foundation being separate entities?

Blog Entries

What did I say that was incorrect about the University and the Foundation being separate entities?
    What site is that on, under the 501c it is listed as the same?

What site is that on, under the 501c it is listed as the same?
    It's public information. Found the University one on their website. Found the Foundation one on their 990.

Blog Entries

I must be looking at the wrong site, because it shows a different Tax ID Number and still shows Julie Falgout as director. I know she is no longer director or officer.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The bottom line on this whole deal is every UL alum, fan, the City of Lafayette the Parish and surrounding area need to wake up. We all need to realize the importance of the University AND it's Athletic Dept. To this area. It's time to step up. It takes money to get there folks.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If we want to improve. If we want to succeed Athletically at the highest level that our potential allows, then those that are actively involved need to give to the highest level your financial ability allows. Those that are not giving need to step up! Join RCAF and purchase tickets. We have the potential in this area to do this. It's up to us. Talk to your friends about it. Talk to relatives about it. Talk to business that you frequent....restaurants, etc. We can't just leave it up to the Athletic Dept. It's up to all of us..

Blog Entries

The institution and the foundation do not have the same tax ID.
    If by institution you mean UL, that's not what CajunT said.

He said the UL Foundation and RCAF have the same ID.

I know nothing on the subject, only what I see in this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    If we want to improve. If we want to succeed Athletically at the highest level that our potential allows, then those that are actively involved need to give to the highest level your financial ability allows. Those that are not giving need to step up! Join RCAF and purchase tickets. We have the potential in this area to do this. It's up to us. Talk to your friends about it. Talk to relatives about it. Talk to business that you frequent....restaurants, etc. We can't just leave it up to the Athletic Dept. It's up to all of us..
    Right On

Blog Entries

I support this message.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I support this message.
    Same here. I'm tired of reading about "fans" not supporting our programs using various excuses.

Blog Entries

In the end, this is all that matters BasinBear.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If by institution you mean UL, that's not what CajunT said.

He said the UL Foundation and RCAF have the same ID.

I know nothing on the subject, only what I see in this conversation.
    Geaux has some insight on the subject because of connections inside the university. The last time we had this discussion on RP, the TAX ID Numbers were that same. But that was before we transitioned from Julie Falgout.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Geaux has some insight on the subject because of connections inside the university. The last time we had this discussion on RP, the TAX ID Numbers were that same. But that was before we transitioned from Julie Falgout.
    .....T....without going into the tax, contributions, etc......they are joined together in certain ways to save money......it just makes sense to not pay for things that can be incorporated together....with that said, who will give the rebuttal to the paper if there is one to give???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....T....without going into the tax, contributions, etc......they are joined together in certain ways to save money......it just makes sense to not pay for things that can be incorporated together....with that said, who will give the rebuttal to the paper if there is one to give???
    If the TAX ID Numbers are different now, then that's all that I ever wanted. True separation. It's not a matter of not trusting anyone, but simply a matter of never putting someone in the position of doing something that shouldn't be done with the money.

The puppies up in rust town has opened a thread on their bbb site seeming to relish our $4mil loss on athletics although transferring in $18mil from the general fund. They overlook or don't seem to want it disclosed that they would have lost around $8,900,000 if they hadn't transferred that amount from their general fund.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by dumbfounded View Post
    The puppies up in rust town has opened a thread on their bbb site seeming to relish our $4mil loss on athletics although transferring in $18mil from the general fund. They overlook or don't seem to want it disclosed that they would have lost around $8,900,000 if they hadn't transferred that amount from their general fund.
    I was wondering what is the maximum amount we could have transferred. I'm guessing more since our enrollment is about 30% more than Tech.

I tried sending a nice email to the author of this article but his email from the advertiser got kicked back 3 times. Basically
    tried to tell him that since he is the "growth and development" writer for the paper it might benefit him and his readers to write about the growth of our athletic department rather than this negative hit piece.

Baseball: Preseason top 25
    Softball: Preseason top 10
    Football: Finished with an 11 win season and top 25 votes

Surely he can find some positives to write about. Perhaps put it context how the money is going towards helping us grow and get to the next level. Maybe that's asking too much for one of our local papers and an author that is in love with another school 45 miles east.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3