_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ole Buckley Stirring The Pot

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ole Buckley Stirring The Pot

When you don't get any scoop, rehash whats been told already. With a spin.

Blog Entries

Old news.

LSU is TV sufficient and UL is the 2nd largest University in the State.

It's not fake news, it's just not news.

Percentages are close, it's what anyone could expect.

Blog Entries

Not one direct mention of RCAF.

CajunT is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Actually he is incorrect, UL is not taking it's 3% transfer from the budget. Every other state school in the UL system is currently taking it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Actually he is incorrect, UL is not taking it's 3% transfer from the budget. Every other state school in the UL system is currently taking it.
    what a idiot buffoon. To think you have a scandalous story and misrepresent it.

Not Buckley's article. Someone named Potter.

Buckley averages about .5 likes per tweet

CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Not Buckley's article. Someone named Potter.
    But, but, but this thread is about Buckley 🤔

LSU grad. Major hit piece. He's a "growth and development" reporter writing this story, but he didn't attempt to put it in context with the region's economy. Awful reporting.

Didn't ULM just come out with the same article and it was all true?

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We don't use University monies that come from the State.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    But, but, but this thread is about Buckley 🤔
    Bottom of the page says Buckley contributed to the story.

CajunT is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big Shot View Post
    Didn't ULM just come out with the same article and it was all true?
    No, because ULM takes the 3% transfer allowed for athletics from it's annual budget. They are losing much more than $900k. Also ULM does not pay their athletes a stipend and they do not have a training table for them either.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Athletics doesn't use State revenues that are given to the University. All other Universities in our system do.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    LSU grad. Major hit piece. He's a "growth and development" reporter writing this story, but he didn't attempt to put it in context with the region's economy. Awful reporting.
    I agree he didn't put it into the correct context, but the economy in Louisiana is basically the same for all schools.

I am FAR from an expert on this issue, but it appears he took a very complex funding model that each state university does a little differently and tried to compare apples and oranges. My observations and questions are:

1. It appears we ran at a $4.6M deficit last year. Is that inclusive of RCAF money and any funds the University gave to athletics?

2. Can someone explain what is significant about what kind of money the University give athletics? Meaning what does it matter if it is state money or not, if it is coming from the University to athletics?

3. Is it true that 55% of athletics money came from the University? Seems like a lot, but my expectation is that since RCAF is not separate from the University, all RCAF money that comes in is technically labeled as university money ... am I close?

CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This all kind of reminds me of the thermos - But How Do It Know?

it do hot, and it do cold...

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree he didn't put it into the correct context, but the economy in Louisiana is basically the same for all schools.

I am FAR from an expert on this issue, but it appears he took a very complex funding model that each state university does a little differently and tried to compare apples and oranges. My observations and questions are:

1. It appears we ran at a $4.6M deficit last year. Is that inclusive of RCAF money and any funds the University gave to athletics?

2. Can someone explain what is significant about what kind of money the University give athletics? Meaning what does it matter if it is state money or not, if it is coming from the University to athletics?

3. Is it true that 55% of athletics money came from the University? Seems like a lot, but my expectation is that since RCAF is not separate from the University, all RCAF money that comes in is technically labeled as university money ... am I close?
    Not the same thing with a different name. The state gives each school an amount that's driven by student count and maybe other things like research grant's, post graduate degrees. That's your state budget. Each university can use up to 3% of that money to spend on athletics. We use other non state provided funds for athletics.

3. Is it true that 55% of athletics money came from the University? Seems like a lot, but my expectation is that since RCAF is not separate from the University, all RCAF money that comes in is technically labeled as university money ...
    Due to lack of knowledge or information myself I wont even attempt to give any answers. However, it did appear the legislative auditor released its annual report or reports and in checking their site it seems they did so this week. The information in those reports are provided by the universities themselves and then audited by either independent auditors or some of those in the state auditors office. You can look those up and find what the schools reported and get an idea for yourself. It appears, on the surface, that the loss was $4,559,770 even AFTER the RCAF contributions AND $16,388,445 added in from direct institutional support (school funds other than those generated by the athletic dept). RCAF money is shown in the budget under contributions and school money is shown as direct and indirect institutional support. You can find the ULM report there and it shows their institutional support as $6,851,967 about $10,000,000 more than ours. Also note these are not "budgets" but actual records of Revenue and Expenses.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast