_ _ _ _
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 402

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't think an extension is granted with a middle of the pack finish. Don't know if a change is made at that point either. Obviously high finish means he retains his job and a lower half finish means a change is likely. That middle ground is an unknown.
    The middle is not unknown. Marlin has been a middle of the pack coach for a decade and is still here.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,535
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The middle is not unknown. Marlin has been a middle of the pack coach for a decade and is still here.
    And getting extremely overpaid in the process.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,535
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    And in post-game interview Big Fish Bob hanging his team out to dry blaming loss on blown assignments that were in the scouting reports.

    Sounding very familiar to the end of the Hud era.


  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,535
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Oh, and "we didn't guard good enough" and "defense let us down."

    How about, we are tired of seeing same crap offense year after year from an overpaid coach?!?


  5. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    And in post-game interview Big Fish Bob hanging his team out to dry blaming loss on blown assignments that were in the scouting reports.

    Sounding very familiar to the end of the Hud era.
    This man needs to go now! Enough is enough.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,088

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Cajun basketball fans are the real victims in this whole situation.


  7. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,535
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Cajun basketball fans are the real victims in this whole situation.
    But the big basketball boosters are friends with Marlin and like him "as a person". So he gets to stay.

    Seems fair...

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,535
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Reminds me me of why S Farmer hung around so long.


  9. #209
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,955

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    This is the second straight game where we have blown a lead with less than 5 minutes to go. And we now pretty much have a complete roster without Julien while South Al was without Ajayi.

    And yet, they still won the game.


  10. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,535
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    This is the second straight game where we have blown a lead with less than 5 minutes to go. And we now pretty much have a complete roster without Julien while South Al was without Ajayi.

    And yet, they still won the game.
    It's OK, a small portion of basketball fans still support Marlin because he is "a good person."

    Even though, it will literally take years to get younger fans to support the program after this disaster is finally over.

    I have seen many "good people" Lose their job due to underperforming.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    It's OK, a small portion of basketball fans still support Marlin because he is "a good person."

    Even though, it will literally take years to get younger fans to support the program after this disaster is finally over.

    I have seen many "good people" Lose their job due to underperforming.
    If Marlin is still the head coach bc a few fans like him...you're calling for the wrong head, my friend

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Cajun basketball fans are the real victims in this whole situation.
    For many of them this basketball program has become insufferable.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Funny thing last home game my 11 year old son said Dad, "Where is everybody?"
    I told him it was like this last year and his response was, "Why we don't get a new coach?"

    Funny thing about dem youngsters they don't lie just yet!!!


  14. #214
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,336

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Looks like we got Troy tomorrow in a loser leaves the conference tourney match. Hopefully we come out ready to rumble.


  15. #215
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    6,876

    UL Basketball Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    And getting extremely overpaid in the process.
    New Mexico State's Head Coach is paid $400K/yr in total compensation. This year he is 18-6 against D1 opponents. His worst loss is to RPI 200 UTEP; his average loss RPI is 116. His best win is over RPI 55 Mississippi State. He also has a win over RPI 80 Colorado State.

    Last year he was 28-5 against Division 1 opponents. His worst loss was to RPI 209 California Baptist [conference game]. His average loss RPI was 69.2. His best wins were a conference sweep of RPI 67 Utah Valley.

    Year before last he was 25-6 vs D1 competition. His worst loss was to RPI 175 Seattle [conference road game]. His average loss RPI was 85.33. His best win was over RPI 29 Miami. He also had a win over RPI 89 Utah Valley.

    This is his third year there. he has won two conference regular season titles, two conference tournament titles. He has two NCAA appearances. He has 6 wins [record is 6-11] over Top 100 RPI teams; two being road wins over P5 teams. He has only 1 loss to RPI 201+ teams and is 21-5 against RPI 101-200. His average loss RPI is 91.41.

    THAT is what a $500K coach in a bad conference looks like! Not like Marlin.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    12,041

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    New Mexico State's Head Coach is paid $400K/yr in total compensation. This year he is 18-6 against D1 opponents. His worst loss is to RPI 200 UTEP; his average loss RPI is 116. His best win is over RPI 55 Mississippi State. He also has a win over RPI 80 Colorado State.

    Last year he was 28-5 against Division 1 opponents. His worst loss was to RPI 209 California Baptist [conference game]. His average loss RPI was 69.2. His best wins were a conference sweep of RPI 67 Utah Valley.

    Year before last he was 25-6 vs D1 competition. His worst loss was to RPI 175 Seattle [conference road game]. His average loss RPI was 85.33. His best win was over RPI 29 Miami. He also had a win over RPI 89 Utah Valley.

    This is his third year there. he has won two conference regular season titles, two conference tournament titles. He has two NCAA appearances. He has 6 wins over Top 100 RPI teams; two being road wins over P5 teams. He has only 1 loss to RPI 201+ teams and is 21-5 against RPI 101-200.

    THAT is what a $500K coach in a bad conference looks like! Not like Marlin.
    This is a great comparison.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,483
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    New Mexico State's Head Coach is paid $400K/yr in total compensation. This year he is 18-6 against D1 opponents. His worst loss is to RPI 200 UTEP; his average loss RPI is 116. His best win is over RPI 55 Mississippi State. He also has a win over RPI 80 Colorado State.

    Last year he was 28-5 against Division 1 opponents. His worst loss was to RPI 209 California Baptist [conference game]. His average loss RPI was 69.2. His best wins were a conference sweep of RPI 67 Utah Valley.

    Year before last he was 25-6 vs D1 competition. His worst loss was to RPI 175 Seattle [conference road game]. His average loss RPI was 85.33. His best win was over RPI 29 Miami. He also had a win over RPI 89 Utah Valley.

    This is his third year there. he has won two conference regular season titles, two conference tournament titles. He has two NCAA appearances. He has 6 wins [record is 6-11] over Top 100 RPI teams; two being road wins over P5 teams. He has only 1 loss to RPI 201+ teams and is 21-5 against RPI 101-200. His average loss RPI is 91.41.

    THAT is what a $500K coach in a bad conference looks like! Not like Marlin.
    Your most compelling argument to date.

    I would say though that their history of success helps breed success.

  18. #218
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    6,876

    UL Basketball Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    One more tidbit: Since "the hardest thing to do in college athletics is to win basketball games away from home". Over the last 3 years, NMSU's head coach is 13-5 in neutral site games and 25-9 in true road games.


  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Freetown
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    New Mexico State's Head Coach is paid $400K/yr in total compensation. This year he is 18-6 against D1 opponents. His worst loss is to RPI 200 UTEP; his average loss RPI is 116. His best win is over RPI 55 Mississippi State. He also has a win over RPI 80 Colorado State.

    Last year he was 28-5 against Division 1 opponents. His worst loss was to RPI 209 California Baptist [conference game]. His average loss RPI was 69.2. His best wins were a conference sweep of RPI 67 Utah Valley.

    Year before last he was 25-6 vs D1 competition. His worst loss was to RPI 175 Seattle [conference road game]. His average loss RPI was 85.33. His best win was over RPI 29 Miami. He also had a win over RPI 89 Utah Valley.

    This is his third year there. he has won two conference regular season titles, two conference tournament titles. He has two NCAA appearances. He has 6 wins [record is 6-11] over Top 100 RPI teams; two being road wins over P5 teams. He has only 1 loss to RPI 201+ teams and is 21-5 against RPI 101-200. His average loss RPI is 91.41.

    THAT is what a $500K coach in a bad conference looks like! Not like Marlin.
    Oh my

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    12,041

    Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Your most compelling argument to date.

    I would say though that their history of success helps breed success.
    What history?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •