_ _ _ _
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Pretty amazing that four of the five FBS teams in the state of Louisiana went to and won bowl games this year, and LSU of course, is about to play foe the championship. Makes me wonder how ULM recruits anybody to that place. They have absolutely nothing going for them up there.
    And that's what you thinking about? ULMOST is just not on my mind at all. But whenever I see us lose to them I'm convinced it's evidence of us being pretty bad in that sport.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And that's what you thinking about? ULMOST is just not on my mind at all. But whenever I see us lose to them I'm convinced it's evidence of us being pretty bad in that sport.
    Last play FG attempts by Monroe and Tulane gave us our last wins over each school........whew!!

No, I don't spent much time thinking about those guys at all. It just amazes me how they're able to hold on. I mean, even in this day of there being so many bowl games that nearly every 6-6 team gets to play in one, ULM has still only played in (and been trounced in) one bowl game in its entire history, and they barely got into that one. They backed into it when LaTech screwed up and put the I-Bowl selection committee off for a day hoping to get an invitation from a better bowl. Had that not happened, ULM would still have never played in a bowl game.

Yet we barely beat them with a last play field goal in what was the best year in our program's history. I mean, how does this happen? How do they do it?

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No, I don't spent much time thinking about those guys at all. It just amazes me how they're able to hold on. I mean, even in this day of there being so many bowl games that nearly every 6-6 team gets to play in one, ULM has still only played in (and been trounced in) one bowl game in its entire history, and they barely got into that one. They backed into it when LaTech screwed up and put the I-Bowl selection committee off for a day hoping to get an invitation from a better bowl. Had that not happened, ULM would still have never played in a bowl game.

Yet we barely beat them with a last play field goal in what was the best year in our program's history. I mean, how does this happen? How do they do it?
    They're our Super Bowl 🙂

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

I never, ever think of them until we play them, or I happen to hear a score.

As for the close scores? Nothing to get upset about except if we lose. Hud lost a game he should have won. That's evidence of the canary effect. And it was time for him to go.

Doesn't mean they can't win a game, it's just much more likely we lost it. They're no special rival to me. I'm sure we're a special rival to them. They're clearly living in your head, and that's a sad shame.

After the game, it just counts as a W. During the game, a close makes it a little more exciting.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

As for the close scores? Nothing to get upset about except if we lose. Hud lost a game he should have won. That's evidence of the canary effect. And it was time for him to go.

Doesn't mean they can't win a game, it's just much more likely we lost it. They're no special rival to me. I'm sure we're a special rival to them. They're clearly living in your head, and that's a sad shame.
    We just fielded one of the best teams in our school's history and still struggled against them. I attribute their ability to compete to having outstanding coaches.

Nobody is living in my head. Perhaps I'm just more capable of mental multi tasking than you are. I just have a hard time understanding how they've managed to stay afloat with no attendance, very little success, and the smallest budget in all of FBS football.

LaCajunsFan is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Nobody is living in my head. Perhaps I'm just more capable of mental multi tasking than you are. I just have a hard time understanding how they've managed to stay afloat with no attendance, very little success, and the smallest budget in all of FBS football.
    But with all that mental multitasking you do always takes you to the darkest, most pessimistic view of UL possible. My free advice is to tell you that you rethink that strategy. Not like that will ever happen, lol.

Oiler calls it multi-tasking. It's really obsessing about things that aren't relevant to UL, and nothing that can be done even if relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But all that mental multitasking you do always takes you to the darkest, most pessimistic view of UL possible. My free advice is to tell you that you rethink that strategy. Not that will ever happen, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They have athletic scholarships to give like everybody else.

Oiler...

If you change your RP avatar to that Eeyore picture, I'll never bust your balls again. Scout's honor!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Oiler...

If you change your RP avatar to that Eeyore picture, I'll never bust your balls again. Scout's honor!
    No thanks. I like my avatar.

I don't think that wondering how ULM manages to stay afloat is negative towards UL in any way.

I don't think that wondering how ULM manages to stay afloat is negative towards UL in any way.
    they dont spend very much, and make more in the Sun Belt than tech gets from cusa. math works out in their favor.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18