_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A Totally New Level

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,458

    Default A Totally New Level

    Maybe Cajun T or Parrot can add to this, however, the words that I'm hearing indicate that UL is set to take the basketball program to a totally new level.

    The hire will reinvigorate the fanbase, bring more $$$ into the program, and lead to a ton more wins. I hear that they will pay significantly higher for head coach and assistants salaries.

    Something possibly to be pumped about? Could the tide be changing???


    Posted via Mobile Device


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    4,306

    Default Re: A Totally New Level

    I hope so! Yet, I'll have to see it to believe it!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: A Totally New Level

    I have an idea who this would mean that we are hiring, but Im not positive.


    igeaux.mobi


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: A Totally New Level

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I have an idea who this would mean that we are hiring, but Im not positive.


    igeaux.mobi
    Danny Broussard?? My prayers have been answered!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    379

    UL Basketball Re: A Totally New Level

    Another level? We were at another level at one time, or do only "Ole Men" such as me remember?

    I did a split session at the then USL, with additional learning at VietNam U. in between. We were on the right path when I left with Winkler an company plus major construction at Blackham.

    When I returned it was Marvin as a senior and a freshman Bo and company. By the time I left with paper in hand, we had placed third in the nation, (1971) in Div 2, moved to Div 1, placing 8th in the nation, (1972) and placing 7th in the nation, (1973) the following year.

    So, if we are returning to another level, that is the level we should be at, or higher.


  6. #6
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: A Totally New Level

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Maybe Cajun T or Parrot can add to this, however, the words that I'm hearing indicate that UL is set to take the basketball program to a totally new level.

    The hire will reinvigorate the fanbase, bring more $$$ into the program, and lead to a ton more wins. I hear that they will pay significantly higher for head coach and assistants salaries.

    Something possibly to be pumped about? Could the tide be changing???


    Posted via http://igeaux.mobi _
    I have heard many of the same things. I hope the things you mention in your second paragraph happen. I also hope that all of those that have been complaining (and with some justification) will now step up and donate whatever they can afford to the RCAF to help bankroll this type of coach and the assistants he will want.

    To the naysayers who for the past several weeks and months blasted the admin and insisted that Robert Lee will be back, they proved you wrong and cut ties. Now you are doubting their committment to a quality hire and paying a decent salary (keep in mind that refers to decent by Sun Belt conference standards not SEC or Big East). If the admin makes hires any of the top names we are hearing, I hope you will step up with monetary support. It will be needed to acquire and keep a quality coach and staff.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: A Totally New Level

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ Another level? We were at another level at one time, or do only "Ole Men" such as me remember?

    I did a split session at the then USL, with additional learning at VietNam U. in between. We were on the right path when I left with Winkler an company plus major construction at Blackham.

    When I returned it was Marvin as a senior and a freshman Bo and company. By the time I left with paper in hand, we had placed third in the nation, (1971) in Div 2, moved to Div 1, placing 8th in the nation, (1972) and placing 7th in the nation, (1973) the following year.

    So, if we are returning to another level, that is the level we should be at, or higher. _
    I don't know if we will get to that level. The game has changed since then. However, we should strive to be somewhere in the Top 25.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, La.
    Posts
    933

    UL Basketball Re: A Totally New Level

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ Another level? We were at another level at one time, or do only "Ole Men" such as me remember?

    I did a split session at the then USL, with additional learning at VietNam U. in between. We were on the right path when I left with Winkler an company plus major construction at Blackham.

    When I returned it was Marvin as a senior and a freshman Bo and company. By the time I left with paper in hand, we had placed third in the nation, (1971) in Div 2, moved to Div 1, placing 8th in the nation, (1972) and placing 7th in the nation, (1973) the following year.

    So, if we are returning to another level, that is the level we should be at, or higher. _


    I remember those times well and then the Death Penalty. Reading the book Slam Dunked I knew we were screwed. I explained to a younger grad the other day that is how we got Lagniappe Day. The closesest to those days was when Andrew Toney was here but nothing compares to the Camelot Days.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    379

    Default Re: A Totally New Level

    Where would we have been the following years. Just think Freddie as a senior with Larry fogle, Wilson and the others. Different times and it never would have happen. Having Lafayette to give scholarships because the state would not give 'em. Then having a graduate assistant being what he was. He was out to get Beryl because he got what he deserved when he was let go.

    Beryl blended out-of-state high school all americans with local talent and had the place packed and rocking. We had Respect then to include from lswho. Between Pete at lswho and our Marvin/Bo teams, basketball became a sport in Louisiana, both for the kids and for the universities.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: A Totally New Level

    I think that this job is about to Explode.

    We will see how it goes.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •