_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: How can the Sun Belt Conference get more College Football Playoff respect?

  1. #21
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: How can the Sun Belt Conference get more College Football Playoff respect?

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Therein lies the problem. As long as a G5 has no shot at a NC, mid to low level P5 schools have a recruiting advantage over G5 schools. As soon as the door opens for G5, that advantage goes away. If every conference champion is in, who has a better shot at a NC, Purdue or Toledo? Vanderbilt or Louisiana? Wake Forest or Cincinnatti? Kansas State or Tulsa?
    You and MAT are correct. Having a shot, alone, changes the recruiting playing field for G5.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: How can the Sun Belt Conference get more College Football Playoff respect?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    actually, there are 65 of each. 14 in the sec, 14 in the acc, 14 in the big ten, 12 in the pac 12, and 10 in the big 12 and norte dame as an independent.

    there are 130 fbs teams. you are making good points but dont exaggerate easy info to disprove.
    Interesting balance.

    If two FCS teams move up, will 2 G5 teams move to P5?

    Got to keep the balance.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: How can the Sun Belt Conference get more College Football Playoff respect?

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Therein lies the problem. As long as a G5 has no shot at a NC, mid to low level P5 schools have a recruiting advantage over G5 schools. As soon as the door opens for G5, that advantage goes away. If every conference champion is in, who has a better shot at a NC, Purdue or Toledo? Vanderbilt or Louisiana? Wake Forest or Cincinnatti? Kansas State or Tulsa?
    So, say two or three of the low level schools in each P5 conference jump ship to a G5 conference for a better chance at the NC; what kind of dynamics would that create in conference alignments? P5 would not be as profitable without their low level doormat schools. Sounds farfetched but nice to ponder.

  4. #24
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    6,853

    Default Re: How can the Sun Belt Conference get more College Football Playoff respect?

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    So, say two or three of the low level schools in each P5 conference jump ship to a G5 conference for a better chance at the NC; what kind of dynamics would that create in conference alignments? P5 would not be as profitable without their low level doormat schools. Sounds farfetched but nice to ponder.
    Wont happen because of the $$$$$ benefit of being in a conference with Texas or Bama or Clemson or Ohio State.

  5. #25
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: How can the Sun Belt Conference get more College Football Playoff respect?

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Wont happen because of the $$$$$ benefit of being in a conference with Texas or Bama or Clemson or Ohio State.
    That definitely covers the lion's share of them.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Interesting balance.

    If two FCS teams move up, will 2 G5 teams move to P5?

    Got to keep the balance.
    That would actually be 67-65 P5

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There are WAY more G5 programs than P5. If we would all start hammering away at this fact, incessantly, someone would eventually have to listen. Problem is getting the turncoat alumni of G5 programs to actually be loyal to their universities and stop bandwagon jumping.

    Still, we should be loud about this dumbass bowl system and CFB playoff that's ruining CFB as a whole until someone takes note.

    "Turncoat" is exactly right. I've known so many S. Miss, Tech, & ULM friends and family that wear the purple and puke on Saturdays over the years. I think it says something about a person that supports their alma mater first, and it says something about those that don't.

  8. #28
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,520

    Default Re: How can the Sun Belt Conference get more College Football Playoff respect?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajuns99 View Post
    "Turncoat" is exactly right. I've known so many S. Miss, Tech, & ULM friends and family that wear the purple and puke on Saturdays over the years. I think it says something about a person that supports their alma mater first, and it says something about those that don't.
    Many UL fans actually have a P5 favorite team, and mostly not LSU. But the point is they regularly provide eyes and heart for something not named USL,or UL. It's hard to develop deep ties when essentially your team is banned by cartels and monopolies rules.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: How can the Sun Belt Conference get more College Football Playoff respect?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    That would actually be 67-65 P5
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •