_ _ _ _
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29
Results 561 to 573 of 573

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

  1. #561
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,125

    Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Problem with HUD is that I am not sure he ever gets that P5 offer with his history.
    At this point, a job at another mid major FBS school would be a big win for HUD. I hope he can get one and this time not screw it up.

  2. #562
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Freetown
    Posts
    7,579

    Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

    Ryan Silverfield is your new head football coach! Excited to see that interim tag off your title. #StripeUp #GoTigersGo #AACChamps #GoodyearCottonBowl @RSilverfield https://t.co/UQzOaYHkBa

    Memphis promotes their OL coach to HC


  3. #563
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    soon to be Lafayette, La, formerly NC and previously Bucktown, Metairie, La
    Posts
    4,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Ryan Silverfield is your new head football coach! Excited to see that interim tag off your title. #StripeUp #GoTigersGo #AACChamps #GoodyearCottonBowl @RSilverfield https://t.co/UQzOaYHkBa

    Memphis promotes their OL coach to HC
    Wow. Did not see that coming.

  4. #564
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Wow. Did not see that coming.
    Translation... every one turned us down that we really wanted or otherwise they would have done it immediately.

  5. #565
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    soon to be Lafayette, La, formerly NC and previously Bucktown, Metairie, La
    Posts
    4,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Translation... every one turned us down that we really wanted or otherwise they would have done it immediately.
    I know. That is what is shocking since the UM job you would think would be a good one.

  6. #566
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,964

    Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know. That is what is shocking since the UM job you would think would be a good one.
    Sometimes there is a guy in the background whose contribution to success is substantial but may not be outwardly noticed - a man named Brady may come to mind.

  7. #567
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,316

    Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

    Joe Brady is beyond outwardly noticed.


  8. #568
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    13,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Translation... every one turned us down that we really wanted or otherwise they would have done it immediately.
    Would you think the same if billy Napier was promoted at ASU? Alumni, former players, current players and recruits were all begging for him to be the next head coach at Memphis

  9. #569
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,964

    Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

    Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Joe Brady is beyond outwardly noticed.
    Not sure that would be the case if he coached at Memphis this year. But have at it.

  10. #570
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Would you think the same if billy Napier was promoted at ASU? Alumni, former players, current players and recruits were all begging for him to be the next head coach at Memphis

  11. #571
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Would you think the same if billy Napier was promoted at ASU? Alumni, former players, current players and recruits were all begging for him to be the next head coach at Memphis
    The question was inside promotion. I didn't say wrong or right. Memphis dreams big and they boosters thought coaches would beat the door down. The administration went with someone else. Truthfully, no one, repeat no one knew billy would succeed.

  12. #572
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    13,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The question was inside promotion. I didn't say wrong or right. Memphis dreams big and they boosters thought coaches would beat the door down. The administration went with someone else. Truthfully, no one, repeat no one knew billy would succeed.
    How many coaches are guaranteed success at time of hire? 0...the majority of people in and around Memphis said this was the guy...oh by the way, all 4 coaches in the CFB playoff were promoted from within.

  13. #573
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    How many coaches are guaranteed success at time of hire? 0...the majority of people in and around Memphis said this was the guy...oh by the way, all 4 coaches in the CFB playoff were promoted from within.

    You don't understand. I'm not arguing with you. I'm stating this from Memphis administration point of view. I am one that thinks when billy leaves we have a coach on staff to replace him. Sometimes continuity matters.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •