_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

UL Football 2019 Bowl Talk

Why does every Bowl projection service has all of the non-NOLA Bowls for the SBC with a SBC vs. MAC matchup?

What a consolation prize!

Congratulations! You've just finished 2nd place in the SBC! Here is your ticket to play a directional Michigan school in lovely downtown Birmingham, Alabama!

Default Re: Bowl game question...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Why does every Bowl projection service has all of the non-NOLA Bowls for the SBC with a SBC vs. MAC matchup?

Congratulations! You've just finished 2nd place in the SBC! Here is your ticket to play a directional Michigan school in lovely downtown Birmingham, Alabama!
    Because they have a bunch of bowl eligible teams unlike CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Another reason to be #AACorBust. Another reason to retain a staff like we have now and shoot for NY6. Be among the best in the G5, or die a slow death of irrelevance. That's the name of the game in 2019.

I don't know about y'all but I'm super excited at the thought of playing Miami Ohio in the lending tree mobile Alabama bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    I don't know about y'all but I'm super excited at the thought of playing Miami Ohio in the lending tree mobile Alabama bowl.
    LMFAO.

Best case for 2019: Play 9-3 LaTech in the NOLA Bowl as a ranked SBC Champion. I think that will mean something to Acadiana.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    LMFAO.

Best case for 2019: Play 9-3 LaTech in the NOLA Bowl as a ranked SBC Champion. I think that will mean something to Acadiana.
    2nd would be to play a Mountain West representative in Arizona on New Year's Eve. 3rd would be Cure Bowl again. 4th would be Camelia in Birmingham and my last would be anything but Mobile. Monday. Jan 6th. F that noise.

FYI, this is the last year of SBC in Arizona. Their new 5 year agreement starting in 2020 is MW vs MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    2nd would be to play a Mountain West representative in Arizona on New Year's Eve. 3rd would be Cure Bowl again. 4th would be Camelia in Birmingham and my last would be anything but Mobile. Monday. Jan 6th. F that noise.
    I've never been further west than San Antonio or so, so I'd personally be pretty excited to take a trip to Arizona. I'd understand the team wanting to opt for Mobile for proximity and ticket sales, but I probably wouldn't be able to attend. School's back in for everybody at that point, so I could see that having an adverse affect on sales across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Another reason to be #AACorBust. Another reason to retain a staff like we have now and shoot for NY6. Be among the best in the G5, or die a slow death of irrelevance. That's the name of the game in 2019.
    Unfortunately the aac bowl tie ins stink also. After the access bid it is a steep cliff down in quality. New Orleans bowl maybe more enjoyable than any of them.

Said it before, I'll say it again. NCAA needs to regulate all bowls to 1 auto tie-in and the other pick is at-large, so that teams with regional footprints can be eligible. And get rid of the Hawaii bowl.

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Said it before, I'll say it again. NCAA needs to regulate all bowls to 1 auto tie-in and the other pick is at-large, so that teams with regional footprints can be eligible. And get rid of the Hawaii bowl.
    So we can go back to having all 6-6 Power 5 cellar dwellers take up all the better bowl bids from deserving G-5 teams?

12. UL Football UL bowl projections: Louisiana Tech in New Orleans would be 'great'

A matchup between UL and Louisiana Tech on Dec. 21 at the Superdome is one the New Orleans Bowl would welcome with open arms.

I wanna have some "Bowl Talk". After the game on Sat, we won't have much time until bowl announcement on Sunday.

So if we win, we are in NOLA.
    Any other non-SBC bowls that will have open slots that might want us??? I hear rumors of App St possibly in Belk bowl. Could we do something like that?

Bowl Talk....geaux!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I wanna have some "Bowl Talk". After the game on Sat, we won't have much time until bowl announcement on Sunday.

So if we win, we are in NOLA.
    Any other non-SBC bowls that will have open slots that might want us??? I hear rumors of App St possibly in Belk bowl. Could we do something like that?

Bowl Talk....geaux!
    The sunbelt commissioner would have to make a deal i think and change rules. It would make sense. Dre, you say the twitter post on App wanting to go to the Belk I think? Closer for them and NOLA is the best bet for us either way. Seems the Champion having a choice would be best option.. I'm sure all choices would be $$$$ based.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The sunbelt commissioner would have to make a deal i think and change rules. It would make sense. Dre, you say the twitter post on App wanting to go to the Belk I think? Closer for them and NOLA is the best bet for us either way. Seems the Champion having a choice would be best option.. I'm sure all choices would be $$$$ based.
    This is 180 degrees from anything I have heard or read. Any sources for this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It was a proposition from a sports writer.. Some App St peeps were ALLEGEDLY asking. Its not the way it is now.. I forget the guys name on twitter.. So its nothing but a rumor. I was asking Dre if he heard anything more on issue or if the Commish was considering bringing it up.

Blog Entries

The Commish would have power to change rules I think...

CajunT is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

App State is currently lobbing the Belk Bowl in Charlotte invite them. Since Charlotte is only 102 miles away from Boone, they believe if they win the SBC Championship and remain ranked in the Top 25, they should be able to play in a better bowl game than the NO Bowl.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...237960289.html

Tim Buckley interviewed NO Bowl officials today and they would be more than happy to host Louisiana and Louisiana Tech in the Dome, even if we were not the champion of the SBC.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ns/4335385002/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    App State is currently lobbing the Belk Bowl in Charlotte invite them. Since Charlotte is only 102 miles away from Boone, they believe if they win the SBC Championship and remain ranked in the Top 25, they should be able to play in a better bowl game than the NO Bowl.

Tim Buckley interviewed NO Bowl officials today and they would be more than happy to host Louisiana and Louisiana Tech in the Dome, even if we were not the champion of the SBC.

All parties involved would be better off $$$ wise. Makes too much sense to go against.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

WOW, they are open to negotiated changes that make sense.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast