_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Nicholls Basketball

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    7,350

    Default Re: Nicholls Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Impossible baksetball is dead in the south
    Anything can happen when you get a few guys who can shoot the rock.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    You must love Bob, to come up with an excuse like this. Let Nicholls be great.

    TOP 5 in STATE SCHOOLS ( Basketball )
    1.) LSU
    2.) Nicholls
    3.) Tulane
    4.) Tech
    5.) UNO

    Next Up
    Louisiana
    It's not fair to rank any of these teams after 2 games

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,703

    Default Re: Nicholls Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    When was the last time we were competitive with good P5 programs. Well not since before Robert Lee.

    So I'm having some Nicholls envy.
    I get it. At same time, Nicholls hasn't been dancing in 2 decades.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I get it. At same time, Nicholls hasn't been dancing in 2 decades.
    We've also beat them by an average of 30 points the last two times we've played

  5. #25
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,551

    Default Re: Nicholls Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    We've also beat them by an average of 30 points the last two times we've played
    This is an interesting non-sentence

  6. #26
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,984

    Default Re: Nicholls Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    We've also beat them by an average of 30 points the last two times we've played
    Clearly they're not that team, and we're not the team we were.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Clearly they're not that team, and we're not the team we were.
    You're right. Bob sucks

  8. #28
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,984

    Default Re: Nicholls Basketball

    Yeah, he kinda does. He's a mediocre coach, much like Ricky Bustle in football. Just getting along.


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    When was the last time we were competitive with good P5 programs. Well not since before Robert Lee.

    So I'm having some Nicholls envy.
    Competitive?...When EP and Long were here against top ranked Michigan State

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Competitive?...When EP and Long were here against top ranked Michigan State
    We were competitive with Kansas just last year.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    We were competitive with Kansas just last year.
    True...Justin Miller has like 24 points at half, think we were leading if memory is correct?

  12. #32
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    6,663

    Default Re: Nicholls Basketball

    And we have won how many of those games against top 100 Power Conference schools since Marlin has been here?

    crickets chirping......


  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    And we have won how many of those games against top 100 Power Conference schools since Marlin has been here?

    crickets chirping......
    Hey man, I agree. We are long overdue to take that next step as a basketball program. But the point of this thread is that some people are envious of Nicholls fking state. That's some hardcore marlin hate No thanks

  14. #34
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    6,663

    UL Basketball Re: Nicholls Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Hey man, I agree. We are long overdue to take that next step as a basketball program. But the point of this thread is that some people are envious of Nicholls fking state. That's some hardcore marlin hate No thanks
    Thats not Marlin hate. That's being unhappy with Marlin's results. Let's not confuse the issue.

    Point being that if a rookie coach at program with far less resources can do it, any excuse we have for not ever doing it in 10 plus years is just that, an excuse.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    And we have won how many of those games against top 100 Power Conference schools since Marlin has been here?

    crickets chirping......
    0...however, that wasn't Express' question...it was "competitive"

  16. #36
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,984

    UL Basketball Re: Nicholls Basketball

    You're right. I ignored Michigan St and completely forgot about Kansas.By ignore Michigan St, I'd thought about them earlier and then forgot about them when I did the thread. That's unacceptable.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •