_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Some positive takeaways from the game

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Begs the question though.. Do we really need volunteers working concessions at this kind of event?
    The guy with the university / Sodexo who was in charge did not seem to care at all about the waits. The parent volunteers were slammed and were not told to staff up for a big game; they usually reduce staff for midweek games. All of the volunteers busted their @$$ but there was a total lack of management by Sodexho and seemed to be a general apathy from the dude in charge to step in and help or solve the problem. I've heard the volunteers were furious about the lack of help and how he basically sat in the back and did nothing. (Volunteer is loose since their kid's spirit groups get a cut of the concessions, but if that structure allows for the cheap concession prices then so be it).

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    19,146

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by bjc6267 View Post
    The guy with the university / Sodexo who was in charge did not seem to care at all about the waits. The parent volunteers were slammed and were not told to staff up for a big game; they usually reduce staff for midweek games. All of the volunteers busted their @$$ but there was a total lack of management by Sodexho and seemed to be a general apathy from the dude in charge to step in and help or solve the problem. I've heard the volunteers were furious about the lack of help and how he basically sat in the back and did nothing. (Volunteer is loose since their kid's spirit groups get a cut of the concessions, but if that structure allows for the cheap concession prices then so be it).
    BJC, not to put you on the spot here, but do you know who this individual is? If so, would you be willing to share his name? If not, PM me.

    We have got to get this fixed. It is costing us fans, support and dollars. In a major way.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Begs the question though.. Do we really need volunteers working concessions at this kind of event?
    The only way I would be ok with volunteers for this business is if a Hospitality Management Professor volunteered hisr students as part of their curriculum.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    824

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    Y'all seriously think some cranky old ladies who do this for a living would be any faster at it then high school kids who are driven and doing it for a cause of their own?? No offense to Sodexo employees or fast food employees or wait staff, but there's usually a reason they have that job.


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    19,146

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Y'all seriously think some cranky old ladies who do this for a living would be any faster at it then high school kids who are driven and doing it for a cause of their own?? No offense to Sodexo employees or fast food employees or wait staff, but there's usually a reason they have that job.
    That's pretty offensive, actually.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Y'all seriously think some cranky old ladies who do this for a living would be any faster at it then high school kids who are driven and doing it for a cause of their own??
    Not likely, but now we know how they became cranky old ladies.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That's pretty offensive, actually.
    Offensive is what was lacking Wednesday.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,084

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    I can't imagine that there are enough full time people in Lafayette who run concessions for a living to staff those concession stands for 6 football games a year. I do not think the volunteers were the problem, but maybe the management for the catering company. Another problem is the inconsistency attendance we have for football. We had home attendance vary for 12K to 21K over the last couple of years. I can imagine that the catering company may have a difficult time estimating the amount of personnel they need because they really don't know how many people to expect. To give you an idea of what I am talking about, I don't think anyone on here knew whether we would have 18K or 30K for this midweek game. Another problem is with the cheapo concessions, they probably cannot afford to pay people to be standing around. I am not trying to make excuses for these problems, but rather pointing out some factors that may have contributed to the problem. If and when our attendance is ever more predictable, I believe many if these issues will be at least somewhat resolved.


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    5,221

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Wayne toups the defense and punter that's it
    speaking of defense: points allowed to south carolina - UNC allowed 20, Alabama allowed 23
    points allowed to APP state - UNC allowed 34, Cajuns allowed 17

    UNC also held clemson to 21 (texas am allowed clemson to get 24)

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    2,593
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Begs the question though.. Do we really need volunteers working concessions at this kind of event?
    I am a KC with Our Lady of Angel's in Plano/Allen....our "volunteers" make several thousand per event doing FC Dallas and concerts at Toyota Stadium in Frisco. Technically we are volunteers but the 9% +/- commission we earn goes to our KC chapter. We now get the "high volume stands". Why? Per event mgmt Our $ generating output per person is more than 2x a paid staffer.

    Even though I am mid 50's....I am still eye candy for the chicks. 🤟 I typically make $50-100 per event just in tips for OLA KCs. Best night was over $400 in tips....Jimmy Buffet concert. Our KCs cleared over 18k net in fund raising for our chapter that night.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    19,146

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I am a KC with Our Lady of Angel's in Plano/Allen....our "volunteers" make several thousand per event doing FC Dallas and concerts at Toyota Stadium in Frisco. Technically we are volunteers but the 9% +/- commission we earn goes to our KC chapter. We now get the "high volume stands". Why? Per event mgmt Our $ generating output per person is more than 2x a paid staffer.

    Even though I am mid 50's....I am still eye candy for the chicks. 🤟 I typically make $50-100 per event just in tips for OLA KCs. Best night was over $400 in tips....Jimmy Buffet concert. Our KCs cleared over 18k net in fund raising for our chapter that night.
    Very interesting.
    But, the unassuming broads in the DFW area can't help themselves when a Cajun comes around. You brought a bazooka to a spit ball fight Poli.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    2,593
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Very interesting.
    But, the unassuming broads in the DFW area can't help themselves when a Cajun comes around. You brought a bazooka to a spit ball fight Poli.
    God is a Cajun fan....he often challenges us in sports but gave us gifts in other wonderful ways to handle these challenges.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Some positive takeaways from the game

    No tailgating, and for some straight from work, probably makes for a hungry midweek crowd.


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •