_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 208

Thread: Way to go, coach

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,184

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Pathetic!


  2. #22
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,720

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Also --

    Stop agreeing to play this stupid frickin mid-week games

    Being on ESPN2 on a Wednesday night (with baseball playoffs + Zion on ESPN at the same time) is worthless if 30% of your crowd is at home helping their kids with homework
    We don't have an option on midweek games. Please get your stuff together before making a fool of yourself.

  3. #23
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,074

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We don't have an option on midweek games. Please get your stuff together before making a fool of yourself.
    Guy who suggested stop agreeing to mid week games may not realize that is part of the ESPN contract and the contract goes until 2028. As Express said, we had not choice.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    13,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Also --

    Stop agreeing to play this stupid frickin mid-week games

    Being on ESPN2 on a Wednesday night (with baseball playoffs + Zion on ESPN at the same time) is worthless if 30% of your crowd is at home helping their kids with homework
    That's weird, this was the biggest crowd since 2011...but I'm sure you know they since you were there

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    602

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    This hurts more because our defense really played defense but it seemed our offense played handcuffed not-offense.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    First and foremost we were in the game the whole time.
    It was not a blow out. Did I expect better yes!
    But to call out the coaching staff and the effort is stupid.

    They made the plays and we did not. Plain and simple.

    This team has nothing but upside and Ark St. Is the game we have to win.

    The only thing that makes me mad about tonight's game (besides we lost) is that this administration should have known that it would have been packed; no reason to sit in the beer line for over 20 minutes.

    When will they wake up when I bring 6 non fans to the game and brag about $2 beer but they wait in line.

    FYI concessions was just as bad!


    Geaux Cajuns

    Rock out!!


  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    That's weird, this was the biggest crowd since 2011...but I'm sure you know they since you were there
    Don't think that's accurate but sad if true. I thought we got 25k plus a few times is Huds 2nd and 3rd year

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,997

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    I didn't love the play calling either, but their D line was whipping our oline and we couldn't beat them around the edge. Scheme can't fix that. No play will work in that situation.


  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    If not now than when? Worry about your job and not the crowd coach.


  10. #30
    CajunT's Avatar
    CajunT is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    11,537
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I didn't love the play calling either, but their D line was whipping our oline and we couldn't beat them around the edge. Scheme can't fix that. No play will work in that situation.
    Actually scheme can be adjusted. We knew coming in that they had defensive speed on the edges. But they were not Mississippi State up the middle either. The played gap control with 7 in the box most of the time, knowing Levi couldn't beat them consistently with his arm. That was not an SEC team we played tonight, they are not bigger and stronger. They have a QB that can make plays when he had to and a defensive coordinator that took Billy Napier to the shed.

    No the season is not over, but we are not good enough yet to win this conference. And Billy Napier is not a finish product by far.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,311

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    What was the official attendance number?


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    What was the official attendance number?
    21,012

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    7,298

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Actually scheme can be adjusted. We knew coming in that they had defensive speed on the edges. But they were not Mississippi State up the middle either. The played gap control with 7 in the box most of the time, knowing Levi couldn't beat them consistently with his arm. That was not an SEC team we played tonight, they are not bigger and stronger. They have a QB that can make plays when he had to and a defensive coordinator that took Billy Napier to the shed.

    No the season is not over, but we are not good enough yet to win this conference. And Billy Napier is not a finish product by far.
    Correct analysis.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Actually scheme can be adjusted. We knew coming in that they had defensive speed on the edges. But they were not Mississippi State up the middle either. The played gap control with 7 in the box most of the time, knowing Levi couldn't beat them consistently with his arm. That was not an SEC team we played tonight, they are not bigger and stronger. They have a QB that can make plays when he had to and a defensive coordinator that took Billy Napier to the shed.

    No the season is not over, but we are not good enough yet to win this conference. And Billy Napier is not a finish product by far.
    Disagree, App St. is a really good team. They would be middle of the pack in the SEC. and still if we get in on the 4th and 1 and if we could kick a darn FG we are right there with em.

    Their def. line pushed us around all night. It's hard to call plays when your O line is getting no push at all.

    Sure we could have done better but they are still a little better than we are. I think we're making progress and could get em in the championship.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    19,146

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Disagree, App St. is a really good team. They would be middle of the pack in the SEC. and still if we get in on the 4th and 1 and if we could kick a darn FG we are right there with em.

    Their def. line pushed us around all night. It's hard to call plays when your O line is getting no push at all.

    Sure we could have done better but they are still a little better than we are. I think we're making progress and could get em in the championship.
    App St would be middle of the pack SEC?!

    App St was exactly who I thought they were. The Cajuns were not.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    App St would be middle of the pack SEC?!

    App St was exactly who I thought they were. The Cajuns were not.
    Well maybe middle of the pack is too strong. lol I put them about like Miss. St. could beat the bottom 4 or 5 SEC teams on a good night though.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    961

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Poll:

    How many of you have actually coached football past a youth or middle school level?


  18. #38
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Poll:

    How many of you have actually coached football past a youth or middle school level?
    I have managed several really not great professional fantasy football teams.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Loreauville, LA
    Posts
    2,293

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Tough crowd. Step away from the ledge people.


  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,380
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Way to go, coach

    Louisiana's rushing attack was just as successful as was App State's.

    20 fewer attempts was the difference.

    Asking the offense to get a first down on the back of just 2 rushing attempts was the fatal flaw in the rushing strategy.


Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •