_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: Sun Belt Basketball Coaches Rank the Best Jobs in the Conference

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It is funny how people can take one single word and interpret it in opposite ways.

    I honestly don't understand how anyone could think he meant that our fan base had low expectations given basic context.

    First of all, let's be honest. We're one of the few Belt fan bases who even gives a damn about college basketball. Second, besides maybe Georgia State, I don't know of any other Belt team whose fans have higher expectations than ours. Third, we know that having a fan base with high expectations is not good for a coach's job security. Because this article is about good vs. bad coaching jobs, "high expectations" will naturally fall under the "where they lose" category.
    I read it pretty clearly. They've underachieved. And it's not because of our fans "high expectations."

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,629

    Default Re: Sun Belt Basketball Coaches Rank the Best Jobs in the Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It is funny how people can take one single word and interpret it in opposite ways.

    I honestly don't understand how anyone could think he meant that our fan base had low expectations given basic context.

    First of all, let's be honest. We're one of the few Belt fan bases who even gives a damn about college basketball. Second, besides maybe Georgia State, I don't know of any other Belt team whose fans have higher expectations than ours. Third, we know that having a fan base with high expectations is not good for a coach's job security. Because this article is about good vs. bad coaching jobs, "high expectations" will naturally fall under the "where they lose" category.
    How anyone has this opinion is unconscionable. Our fan base has high expectations? Maybe you're high...

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Sun Belt Basketball Coaches Rank the Best Jobs in the Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It is funny how people can take one single word and interpret it in opposite ways.

    I honestly don't understand how anyone could think he meant that our fan base had low expectations given basic context.

    First of all, let's be honest. We're one of the few Belt fan bases who even gives a damn about college basketball. Second, besides maybe Georgia State, I don't know of any other Belt team whose fans have higher expectations than ours. Third, we know that having a fan base with high expectations is not good for a coach's job security. Because this article is about good vs. bad coaching jobs, "high expectations" will naturally fall under the "where they lose" category.
    10 years: 1 NCAA tournament appearance and 1 Regular Season Conference Championship. Average finish in SBC play~4th and 58% winning percentage = 2 extensions, several raises and bonuses and larger coaching salary pool. All this = Fans High and Unrealistic expectations.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    23,502
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Sun Belt Basketball Coaches Rank the Best Jobs in the Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    How anyone has this opinion is unconscionable. Our fan base has high expectations? Maybe you're high...
    The article said it was the opinion of an unnamed Sun Belt Assistant somewhere (not fans) but someone said it.

    What's next, getting upset because some article quotes an unnamed tailgater (perhaps a tailgater) stated "this isn't it" I hope not.

  5. #45
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,142

    Default Re: Sun Belt Basketball Coaches Rank the Best Jobs in the Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The article said it was the opinion of an unnamed Sun Belt Assistant somewhere (not fans) but someone said it.

    What's next, getting upset because some article quotes an unnamed tailgater (perhaps a tailgater) stated "this isn't it" I hope not.
    I suspect we should expect more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •