Cajuns down Nichols 2-0 tonight.

Don't look now. 4 match win streak going. 4-2-1 overall

Keep kickin Cajuns!!!!!

Default Re: Cajuns soccer

Awesome! The streak continues!

More wins than all of last year Let's geaux Key

It's crazy how much better this team looks. They control so much more possession it seems this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    It's crazy how much better this team looks. They control so much more possession it seems this season.
    Wish I could have made the match tonight. I was busy coaching my girls soccer teams at practice.

RaginDave is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This team should have modest but solid goals this year:

#1 Finish with a record above .500, something this team has rarely done.
    #2 Qualify for the Conference Tournament. Something this team has rarely done.
    #3 Win a conference tournament game, something this team has never done.

If all of the above happen in year 1 for Coach Key, I think it will be a successful season #1, and something to build on for the future.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Awesome. Sounds like they've got some momentum. It's been a while since they had that.

Total domination last night. Cajuns held possession for pretty much the entire match. One thing I liked is that you can hear the ladies pushing each other. If someone's walking, the other players are yelling at them to stop walking. Lots of communication and lots of fight in those ladies.

Geaux frickin' Cajuns.

While the game was scoreless unit 2/3 through the 2nd half, it was a dominant performance. We just couldn't find the net after numerous opportunities. It happens in soccer. Nice touch having the youngsters walk out with the teams and serve as ball girls. My daughter was beyond excited after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    While the game was scoreless unit 2/3 through the 2nd half, it was a dominant performance. We just couldn't find the net after numerous opportunities. It happens in soccer. Nice touch having the youngsters walk out with the teams and serve as ball girls. My daughter was beyond excited after the game.
    I think they are trying to get the youth soccer community more involved than in the past which is a good thing. It seems like this team is more crisp in the second half but I think they are trying to gel and get better chemistry

My son was out there being a ball kid with them. He was bored out of his mind because the Cajuns kept possession on the opposite side of the field the entire first half. He quit at half and went play in the fun jump lol.

That's great how you make fans for life

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    He was bored out of his mind because the Cajuns kept possession on the opposite side of the field the entire first half.
    Well, that's an improvement over last year.

This year, we are defeating teams WE SHOULD BE BEATING YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT. Same applies to the next match.

As pointed out, success of this team needs to be measured on conference performance. Defeating SWAC and SLC teams, although nice, should be expected. Losing to said teams never bodes well for the program, hence the change in head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    My son was out there being a ball kid with them. He was bored out of his mind because the Cajuns kept possession on the opposite side of the field the entire first half. He quit at half and went play in the fun jump lol.
    My daughter was behind our goal in the 1st half. Needless to say she had nothing to do back there. Our GK may have touched it once.

Yep. I was also there last night. UL's goalkeeper was very bored. Nicholls rarely possessed the ball on the Cajun side. I only remember 1 shot, not on goal