_ _ _ _

Thread: Kicking game

UL Football Kicking game

I know this is a hot button right now, but the kicking game really needs to be addressed. I love the fact that a home town kid is playing for UL. I wish we could keep them all here, but our kicker has never been dominant. This may cost the team a few wins this year. His best year was only 79% accurate. He has also had 53% and 71% for the year. That doesn't even account for his missed PAT's or blocked FG's.

It's really a shame that that position requires two other players to make you successful, the snapper and the holder, but it is the kicker that gets the responsibility for making the field goals. So it may be a time for change.

There are two other kickers on the team, one a true freshman, the other a redshirt freshman, who actually did our kickoffs. It may be time to give them a chance.

I was listening to Coach Napier this afternoon on Prather's show. He said all the right words...complete confidence, he's our man, we pay close attention to him in practice.....but that is exactly what you would expect him to say on a radio show.

I wouldn't be surprised if the redshirt freshman gets a chance in this coming game to kick a field goal.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kicking game

If the snapper or holder failed to do there job, they may need to be replaced for someone else, who doesn't cost us games. This problem must be fixed by the coaches for us to have equal confidence in the kicking game.

True statement is the kicking game is NO BUENO right now.

RaginDave is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    If the snapper or holder failed to do there job, they may need to be replaced for someone else, who doesn't cost us games. This problem must be fixed by the coaches for us to have equal confidence in the kicking game.
    I don't think the holder is the problem, Bam Jackson was our holder last year and is again this year. Our kicker last year finished 15-18 in FG's and 55-56 in XP's. He missed 1 FG from over 50 yards, 1 over 40 yards and 1 over 30 yards. I know we have a new long snapper, but I don't think Jamal Bell forgot how to hold from 2018 to 2019.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I don't think the holder is the problem, Jamal Bell was our holder last year and is again this year. Our kicker last year finished 15-18 in FG's and 55-56 in XP's. He missed 1 FG from over 50 yards, 1 over 40 yards and 1 over 30 yards. I know we have a new long snapper, but I don't think Jamal Bell forgot how to hold from 2018 to 2019.
    Kyle was good last year. Any grad transfers that want to spend their last year before entering the real world packing on a few pounds worth of Cajun cuisine and kicking an oblong shaped ball through some posts? Apply within.

The holder was not the issue in the missed field goals this past weekend. It is true that the kicker position needs to be addressed but it was this position rather than LL that cost us points this past game.

Bam Jackson was holder this past weekend. You want someone with sure hands and quick reflexes to contain and put the ball down in a hurry.

Artigue's career avg is 66%, I don't think its all on the holder.

Our kicking game is terrible this year and was good last year..the 3 years before that it was not good so let's do the math and a little analysis and see what the issue is.... anybody??? anybody??? Bueller???? Bueller??

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Our kicking game is terrible this year and was good last year..the 3 years before that it was not good so let's do the math and a little analysis and see what the issue is.... anybody??? anybody??? Bueller???? Bueller??
    Exactly.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Did the math. It will be bad this year and two more.

Just play four down football and go for two...the odds are in our favor.

Glad I didn't miss this thread, cause you kicked it straight thru the uprights. Any eligibility left? Not left, I mean remaining. don't want to jinx you, right! Oops, there I go again, not right but correct.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    Glad I didn't miss this thread, cause you kicked it straight thru the uprights. Any eligibility left? Not left, I mean remaining. don't want to jinx you, right! Oops, there I go again, not right but correct.
    No politics on this board. Keep it straight down the middle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    That's an upright and centered post.

Reading it was a kick, I had a ball.

I mean you split that one.

RaginDave is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

by the way Texas Southern's kicker is 4 for 5 on the season, our kicker is 0 for 3. He has hit every extra point, but man I was hoping that Stevie would have a great season. We were really spoiled last year with Kyle Pfau, who I am shocked did not get a try out with an NFL team.

Blog Entries

Since July 30th ....

If the kickers spent any in-season time in the weight room, I would be severely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Since July 30th ....

If the kickers spent any in-season time in the weight room, I would be severely disappointed.
    Not sure, but have you see the guy that does the kickoffs?

Kicker Kenneth Almendares, a redshirt freshman 6'1" 219 lbs #45, .

vs

Kicker Stevie Artigue 5'10" 170 lbs, #36

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Since July 30th ....

That must be IT!!