_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New RCAF Director

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It's Maggard's job to balance his budget if he can't his neck will be on the line.

The Ad and director of fundraising will have to work hard in hand seems to me it works a lot smoother if it's one of his guy.
    That's the thing, the RCAF budget SHOULDN'T be Maggards budget to balance...its not run like this, but he should technically look at RCAF as the bank and have to ask for money and provide business plans for justification of said funds

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm sure most have forgotten that the RCAF isn't independent. Still the board should be vetting, and approving the applicants. As much as some here have ultimate faith in Maggard remember we're all here temporarily. It's better long run for the board to be as independent as possible and develop expertise in running the business.

Nobody can deny perhaps we're one bad accident away from another Fossil, and Farmer Brown situation. Nobody thought we'd be scrambling to find a new baseball coach less than a month ago.
    Agreed that it's not independent....

Default Re: New RCAF Director

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    That's the thing, the RCAF budget SHOULDN'T be Maggards budget to balance...its not run like this, but he should technically look at RCAF as the bank and have to ask for money and provide business plans for justification of said funds
    Should definitely be independent, but like any good bank, the need for a good relationship is crucial. I have changed banks to follow my banker, because that is who I really had the relationship with.

Independence and relationship has to be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Should definitely be independent, but like any good bank, the need for a good relationship is crucial. I have changed banks to follow my banker, because that is who I really had the relationship with.

Definitely a relationship...just like you're situation, YOU followed the man who dishes out the money

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Somehow I missed the part about the RCAF fundraiser was an employee under the AD. In fact I believe the AD is but a single permanent member of the board that is empowered to hire the fundraiser.

I am not following your point here, what point are you trying to make ?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: New RCAF Director

I am not following your point here, what point are you trying to make ?
    I'm not certain, but don't think our AD, whoever he may be at the time, hires the head fundraiser of the RCAF. Somebody congratulated Maggard on another great hire, and someone questioned that. Maybe I'm totally wrong about that, but don't think so.

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Looking at his career track, he's here for a good time, not a long time. Which is fine if he can raise the money to get Cajun Field done.
    Same thoughts here. Moved around quit a bit......

I'm not certain, but don't think our AD, whoever he may be at the time, hires the head fundraiser of the RCAF. Somebody congratulated Maggard on another great hire, and someone questioned that. Maybe I'm totally wrong about that, but don't think so.
    I agree, and he shouldn't make the hire. However, if he isn't in the interview process and/or his input isn't valued than that is a mistake as well. RCAF and AD should have a very collaborative peer relationship.

I agree, and he shouldn't make the hire. However, if he isn't in the interview process and/or his input isn't valued than that is a mistake as well. RCAF and AD should have a very collaborative peer relationship.
    Absolutely this AD views should be one of the most important. But just like I trusted Bush after 911, I was against many things limiting our freedoms. We've seen many abuses since his administration. We absolutely could get another Farmer, & Fossil combo, but if we get that kiss the athletic department goodbye.

CajunT is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

He certainly had input and this position has clearly moved under his authority after the conflict at times with Jim Harris. That is why he is also a Deputy AD under Dr. Maggard's purview, there is a clear chain of command in place now.

Blog Entries

Good explanation T. No more serving multiple masters. Clearly makes Maggard the leader.....the Big Chief over all aspects of athletics.

It will happen soon......UL is now in position to have an annual athletics budget within 5 years that is 2x / double our primary in state rival LTURd. Currently UL is about 30% higher. We get a breakout year in football and it could be done in 2.

Dr. Maggard had plenty of input, but the executive committee of the RCAF made this hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Good explanation T. No more serving multiple masters. Clearly makes Maggard the leader.....the Big Chief over all aspects of athletics.

It will happen soon......UL is now in position to have an annual athletics budget within 5 years that is 2x / double our primary in state rival LTURd. Currently UL is about 30% higher. We get a breakout year in football and it could be done in 2.

That definitely sounds flagshippy to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Dr. Maggard had plenty of input, but the executive committee of the RCAF made this hire.
    Sure, but the executive committee hardly cares about supervising the position from day-to-day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post

Since RCAF is not separated, this seems to be the most rational move left. He oversees the performance of the position and works in coordination. Now let me be clear, should this not work out Dr. Maggard will share some of the blame. Can't have it both ways. On it's face today, it seems like a positive move.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Since RCAF is not separated, this seems to be the most rational move left. He oversees the performance of the position and works in coordination. Now let me be clear, should this not work out Dr. Maggard will share some of the blame. Can't have it both ways. On it's face today, it seems like a positive move.
    ...Correct me if I am wrong after being told....but the Foundation is the bank in the fact that it receives all the money and sets up an account where all the monies belong to the athletics dept/RCAF.........this money is then used by the athletic dept for whatever......the board for RCAF I think is more for the attracting and raising of funds than the distribution but certainly are informed by the AD of needs.....I think the big point is that the president, RCAF Director, board members and AD are all on the same page ........that page understands that all monies go to athletics and the group discussion led by the AD decides the goals, their being met, and distribution upon the AD's determined best usage

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    That definitely sounds flagshippy to me.
    🤟😎🤟😎🤟

So flagshippy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2