_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Everything starts and ends with recrouxting.

    Recrouxting is the be all and end all.

    "Burnt Roux" lays no blame and casts no aspersions, it simply means you are starting over.
    The thread title is the headline. Lots of people only read the headlines. I'd hate for a prospective player to get the wrong impression from a changed headline. Burnt Roux implies an error that will leave a bad taste in your mouth, at least to anybody who knows what a Roux is.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    12,843

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

    Getting real moist around here


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,733
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

    Burnt roux is always on the cook, not the players.

    Its on the cook for not paying close enough attention to details. Before, during or at the end.

    Never stop recrouxting even after they are in the fold.

    Sorry if some think I'm stirring the pot.


  4. #44
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Burnt roux is always on the cook, not the players.

    Its on the cook for not paying close enough attention to details. Before, during or at the end.

    Never stop recrouxting even after they are in the fold.

    Sorry if some think I'm stirring the pot.
    Do you ever admit that you really didn't think things through completely beforehand?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

    Man we are getting sensitive around here


  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    12,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Man we are getting sensitive around here
    Moist

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,733
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Do you ever admit that you really didn't think things through completely beforehand?
    "completely?" I probably didn't think it through completely 10 years ago. I didn't anticipate this.

    Burnt Roux as a phrase has been in use here for 10 years. This thread is the first complaint.

    As a stand alone starting over phrase, I still think burnt roux is better than "Transfer Portal." for some reason that reminds me of cattle.

  8. #48
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "completely?" I probably didn't think it through completely 10 years ago.

    Burnt Roux as a phrase has been in use here for 10 years. This thread is the first complaint.

    As a stand alone starting over phrase, I still think burnt roux is better than "Transfer Portal." for some reason that reminds me of cattle.
    I realize it's the first complaint about the phrase, and honestly I don't have a big problem with it. I CAN see where the complaint is coming from though. It does have a slightly negative connotation, and it is somewhat of an issue to some because in this instance, these players are in the portal because they are leaving due to writing on the wall with the immense talent Glasco is bringing in. In most "burnt roux" cases, it involved players being recrouxted elsewhere or burning the Cajuns by leaving. That's not the case here.

    My comment really centered around the fact that you often use outlandish rationale for your point seemingly for the sole purpose of being a contrarian.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    1,548

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I realize it's the first complaint about the phrase, and honestly I don't have a big problem with it. I CAN see where the complaint is coming from though. It does have a slightly negative connotation, and it is somewhat of an issue to some because in this instance, these players are in the portal because they are leaving due to writing on the wall with the immense talent Glasco is bringing in. In most "burnt roux" cases, it involved players being recrouxted elsewhere or burning the Cajuns by leaving. That's not the case here.

    My comment really centered around the fact that you often use outlandish rationale for your point seemingly for the sole purpose of being a contrarian.
    Same here I have no problem with the title, but we should stick to keeping this thread about softball players entering the program or leaving the program.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,733
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Burnt Roux: Number of softball players on transfer portal now up to five.

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    ...My comment really centered around the fact that you often use outlandish rationale for your point seemingly for the sole purpose of being a contrarian.
    I don't like be or intend to be a contrarian.

    Are you referring to my stance that UL softball should have traveled to Kentucky and Ole Miss should have traveled to Tennessee? Or did you have something else in mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •