_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Student tailgating moving back to Cajun Field -- and that's just the start of new efforts at UL

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Student tailgating moving back to Cajun Field -- and that's just the start of new efforts a

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I've not read a single article about ACC adding anyone. Any talk of that conference considering anybody in the future is based purely on conjecture that a current member (or members) of the AAC will be leaving for a P5 conference. The only way I see that happening is if Big 12 powers pack up and leave that conference to join other P5 conferences to form a "super league" consisting of 64 members. I think that this new league will consist of 4 conferences with 16 members each.

If this happened, we'd see Houston, Memphis, UCF, USF, Cincinnati join Boise and SDSU in alligning with Big 12 leftovers to form a new conference. It may remain known as the Big 12, but it'll no longer have the status it had as a P5 member.

At this point, the AAC would have become the worst G5 conference in the land. That's when I think we'll see a complete reorganization of the G5 into more geographically based conferences. The new Big 12 will clamor for inclusion into the super league of 64, but it'll be to no avail.

At some point, I think we'll see the new G6 reclassified into a division separate from the big 4 conferences. I foresee two separate divisions, complete with separate bowls and champions. Division-I will include only the league of 64. Division-II will be all the rest of us.

That's when we can all start debating how we really belong in the Big 12, especially since we'll have inside info that they all secretly covet our presence among them.
    .....Was told by a Very reliable source that we were admitted in the Metro pending a peripheral transfer of money to a member school for their favorable vote....this was cancelled by our president, thinking the payment was not needed....no money no vote no Metro....this was, in my opinion,the biggest mess up in our athletic history!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The AAC was considering us the last time expansion was floated out. Out of the mouth of decision makers at this university. Why the hell do you think we just spent all this money on Mike Alden, upgrades, salaries, etc? It damn sure ain't to stay in the SBC.
    Who were the decision makers of the AAC who wantedd us for the the AAC at the time Little Man?

I mean it was straight out of there mouths. So who are they? And usually that stuff is held to a vote so did they all want us or what? Just some?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Was told by a Very reliable source that we were admitted in the Metro pending a peripheral transfer of money to a member school for their favorable vote....this was cancelled by our president, thinking the payment was not needed....no money no vote no Metro....this was, in my opinion,the biggest mess up in our athletic history!
    So basically we had to pay a bribe to get a favorable vote? Yea, nothing unethical about that at all.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Student tailgating moving back to Cajun Field -- and that's just the start of new efforts a

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Who were the decision makers of the AAC who wantedd us for the the AAC at the time Little Man?

I mean it was straight out of there mouths. So who are they? And usually that stuff is held to a vote so did they all want us or what? Just some?
    "Their" mouth Professor, not "there" mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Their" mouth Professor, not "there" mouth.
    Lol, cause grammar means so much on a message board. It's usually the uneducated that call it out.

Stick to telling us how we own the Cajundome even though we cant use it when we want

Lol, cause grammar means so much on a message board. It's usually the uneducated that call it out.

Stick to telling us how we own the Cajundome even though we cant use it when we want
    Lighten up, Nancy...he's just poking at your handle

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post

Haha I didn't even catch that but hammering people about grammar on text message or message boards is a pet peeve I have

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    He should change his handle to Drax.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He should change his handle to Drax.
    I, Too, Am Extraordinarily Humble

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    "I, Too, Am Extraordinarily Humble
    that's a lot of capital letters

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Maybe because we signed an operations contract with the city to manage and maintain the facility in exchange for a specified number of usage days a year?

Thanks Fossil...

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    So basically we had to pay a bribe to get a favorable vote? Yea, nothing unethical about that at all.
    Be careful throwing rocks in glass houses.

Now, remind me how we got a new university name and the Hoax got into the Sunbelt?

Money isn't always the only element used in a bribe. Politicians use it every day.

The Metro? There hasn't been a Metro Conference since 1995. What year did this offer supposedly take place?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Student tailgating moving back to Cajun Field -- and that's just the start of new efforts a

That's right Oiler, but almost all Metro members matriculated into CUSA, and then some into P5. There is no way to know how well we might have done, but it'd be hard to do worse than we actually did by not being part of the Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That's right Oiler, but almost all Metro members matriculated into CUSA, and then some into P5. There is no way to know how well we might have done, but it'd be hard to do worse than we actually did by not being part of the Metro.
    No doubt about it. Had we been a member of that conference, things would be totally different for us today.

Look at some of the schools that used to be in the "Metro"!!! Yes, we'd be totally different athletically today, ONLY IF!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Conference

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Look at some of the schools that used to be in the "Metro"!!! Yes, we'd be totally different athletically today, ONLY IF!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Conference
    .......Remember that we would play East Car, Tulane, Miss Southern, Memphis, Cinn..... lot easier getting in if you played them regularly!....also playing Houston, UAB, and Tulsa gave us a petty good schedule!!!

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We were considered for possible membership by the AAC membership committee and deemed "not ready" at that time which In my opinion was accurate. And that is straight from a former member of that AAC committee.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We were considered for possible membership by the AAC membership committee and deemed "not ready" at that time which In my opinion was accurate. And that is straight from a former member of that AAC committee.
    I don't believe for a minute that we were ever seriously considered for AAC membership. Someone from the AAC committee may have said something like that trying to be nice and not bruise someone's ego any worse than it already was, but we never had a prayer of getting into the AAC. I quit kidding myself about this AAC pipe dream a few years ago.

My point in the conversation about AAC membership for us has always been that it is simply TOO LATE. The AAC already has 12 members. There is absolutely no reason that they would consider expanding. There are no openings in the AAC now, and there will likely be no openings in the future.
    Dreaming that the UH, Memphis, UCF, USF, and CINN secretly covet us as conference mates is just plain silly.

The plain simple truth is that we have likely peaked as an athletic program. The same can be said about almost every other G5 program in the nation. The only exceptions might be the five schools I mentioned, along with maybe Boise and SDSU. Those seven schools still stand a chance of ending up aligned with schools left behind in the Not So Big Anymore 12. The rest of us will not. Until some form of geographic realignment takes place with the SBC and CUSA, we aren't going anywhere.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast