_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Student tailgating moving back to Cajun Field -- and that's just the start of new efforts at UL

Blog Entries

Default Re: Student tailgating moving back to Cajun Field -- and that's just the start of new efforts a

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Was told by a Very reliable source that we were admitted in the Metro pending a peripheral transfer of money to a member school for their favorable vote....this was cancelled by our president, thinking the payment was not needed....no money no vote no Metro....this was, in my opinion,the biggest mess up in our athletic history!
    Shortsightedness causes hindsightedness.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I don't believe for a minute that we were ever seriously considered for AAC membership. Someone from the AAC committee may have said something like that trying to be nice and not bruise someone's ego any worse than it already was, but we never had a prayer of getting into the AAC. I quit kidding myself about this AAC pipe dream a few years ago.

My point in the conversation about AAC membership for us has always been that it is simply TOO LATE. The AAC already has 12 members. There is absolutely no reason that they would consider expanding. There are no openings in the AAC now, and there will likely be no openings in the future.
    Dreaming that the UH, Memphis, UCF, USF, and CINN secretly covet us as conference mates is just plain silly.

The plain simple truth is that we have likely peaked as an athletic program. The same can be said about almost every other G5 program in the nation. The only exceptions might be the five schools I mentioned, along with maybe Boise and SDSU. Those seven schools still stand a chance of ending up aligned with schools left behind in the Not So Big Anymore 12. The rest of us will not. Until some form of geographic realignment takes place with the SBC and CUSA, we aren't going anywhere.
    He wasn't my only source but believe what you want to. We were considered for membership in the early stages of their discussions. I also know exactly what they are telling us right now. And for the most part no one, even those in this business, knows exactly what's going to end up happening in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I don't believe for a minute that we were ever seriously considered for AAC membership. Someone from the AAC committee may have said something like that trying to be nice and not bruise someone's ego any worse than it already was, but we never had a prayer of getting into the AAC. I quit kidding myself about this AAC pipe dream a few years ago.

My point in the conversation about AAC membership for us has always been that it is simply TOO LATE. The AAC already has 12 members. There is absolutely no reason that they would consider expanding. There are no openings in the AAC now, and there will likely be no openings in the future.
    Dreaming that the UH, Memphis, UCF, USF, and CINN secretly covet us as conference mates is just plain silly.

The plain simple truth is that we have likely peaked as an athletic program. The same can be said about almost every other G5 program in the nation. The only exceptions might be the five schools I mentioned, along with maybe Boise and SDSU. Those seven schools still stand a chance of ending up aligned with schools left behind in the Not So Big Anymore 12. The rest of us will not. Until some form of geographic realignment takes place with the SBC and CUSA, we aren't going anywhere.
    What you 'believe' and what actually happened are mutually exclusive.

Default Re: Student tailgating moving back to Cajun Field -- and that's just the start of new efforts a

I thought this thread was about cords walking around the tailgate area again

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I thought this thread was about cords walking around the tailgate area again
    Lol......as usual it morphed into something else.....moving on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4