_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 141 to 160 of 160

Thread: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

  1. #141
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,913

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The offense really slipped badly in 2017. I'll take 2015 and 2016 every year. 2014 was an anomaly.
    We may look back and see 2013-2016 as an anomaly. That 4 stretch and the stretch from 1997-2000 are the only times we've made a regional in back to back years. We went from 2001-2012 without making a regional in consecutive years (only 4 regionals in that 12 year stretch).

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,258

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Sandusky could coach and recruit ....

    Talbot can't coach or evaluate talent.
    Talbot was the first D-1 coach to offer Todd Lott.

  3. #143
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,063

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Talbot was the first D-1 coach to offer Todd Lott.
    And then he took his place on the pine. WOW

  4. #144
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    6,534

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    It's all Robes decision to make.....In the meantime I will support the program. If he succeeds then fine by me....if not then that's why we hired an AD....
    This is really it in a nutshell. Me too.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Freetown
    Posts
    6,757

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Talbot was the first D-1 coach to offer Todd Lott.
    I seriously doubt that He was 6'4 playing in the top 16U tournaments in the country back in 2014

    But if he did once again Lott was 6'4 200+ playing in the country's best 16U tournaments my wife would know to offer the kid

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    12,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    It's all Robes decision to make.....In the meantime I will support the program. If he succeeds then fine by me....if not then that's why we hired an AD....
    👆🏼

  7. #147
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    6,534

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Talbot was the first D-1 coach to offer Todd Lott.
    Oh Lord. Let's not. For every one of him I can name 10 misses that got cut, 5 pitchers without a clue and guys who got cut, now thriving in other programs.

    I am skeptical about his 1st offer. That kid on a Florida scout team will get plenty of recruiting calls.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,258

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Oh Lord. Let's not. For every one of him I can name 10 misses that got cut, 5 pitchers without a clue and guys who got cut, now thriving in other programs.

    I am skeptical about his 1st offer. That kid on a Florida scout team will get plenty of recruiting calls.
    He was the first D-1 to offer the kid. That comes right from his dad. If Szefc is going to get credit for being the first D-1 to offer Lucroy, then Talbot will get credit for this.

  9. #149
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    6,534

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    He was the first D-1 to offer the kid. That comes right from his dad. If Szefc is going to get credit for being the first D-1 to offer Lucroy, then Talbot will get credit for this.
    OK. I'll take your word. Recruiting is a funny business. Szefc's was the 1st and last D1 offer Lucroy got and Lucroy was as well exposed to recruiters as a player can be. I was there. Way under the radar for a long time. I guess it shows how good he and Bab, who was also out there at the time, really were assembling talent.

  10. #150
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,749

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    OK. I'll take your word. Recruiting is a funny business. Szefc's was the 1st and last D1 offer Lucroy got and Lucroy was as well exposed to recruiters as a player can be. I was there. I guess it shows how good he and Bab, who was also out there at the time, really were assembling talent.
    And only because he went to watch someone else playing in that game, not Lucroy. Lucroy was set to sign with a D2 team the next day.

  11. #151
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    6,534

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    And only because he went to watch someone else playing in that game, not Lucroy. Lucroy was set to sign with a D2 team the next day.
    The Brewer's scout tipped him off about Luc before the game, or at the game. I think Szefc watched half the game before he offered Luc's dad the visit. Pro scouts knew Luc. Florida is a big state and has so many good players, a bunch go out of state every year.

  12. #152
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,883

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The Brewer's scout tipped him off about Luc before the game, or at the game. I think Szefc watched half the game before he offered Luc's dad the visit. Pro scouts knew Luc. Florida is a big state and has so many good players, a bunch go out of state every year.
    The pride of Umatilla

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,733
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Talbot was the first D-1 coach to offer Todd Lott.
    He saw something.

  14. #154
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    It's all Robes decision to make.....In the meantime I will support the program. If he succeeds then fine by me....if not then that's why we hired an AD....
    Wow. A sane thought on RP. Support the program and trust in the AD. Who woulda thunk it

  15. #155
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    6,534

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    The pride of Umatilla
    They put up a sign to make it official. Good bass fishing there.


  16. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,420

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And then he took his place on the pine. WOW
    Rumor is he can recruit. Just can't coach well.

  17. #157
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,063

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Rumor is he can recruit. Just can't coach well.
    Records show neither can be done when he is around, but let's not get distracted by the records.

  18. #158
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Records show neither can be done when he is around, but let's not get distracted by the records.
    His arrival coincides with a swift reversal of the win-loss records. Common denominator. It's math.

  19. #159
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Rumor is he can recruit. Just can't coach well.
    They gotta job for just that skill set. MLB area scout. No coaching required.

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Freetown
    Posts
    6,757

    Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Records show neither can be done when he is around, but let's not get distracted by the records.
    Records and postseason is not important only thing that matters is if the kids are having fun.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •