_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: BB G2 Final: LA 13, ULM 9

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,905

    Default Re: BB G2 Final: LA 13, ULM 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Marlin was right.

    Remember those 3 games in March?
    Turbine, are you engaged in fishing?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    933

    Default Re: BB G2 Final: LA 13, ULM 9

    It was still frustrating listening to Robe discuss the pitching. He said something to the effect of "we're used to having Jack go 6, Gunner go 6, and Young go 6. That's 18 out of 27 innings taken care of."

    C'mon man. Gunner hasn't done that since 2017. Jack has 4 games of 6 or more, and Young has 3.


  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: BB G2 Final: LA 13, ULM 9

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It was still frustrating listening to Robe discuss the pitching. He said something to the effect of "we're used to having Jack go 6, Gunner go 6, and Young go 6. That's 18 out of 27 innings taken care of."

    C'mon man. Gunner hasn't done that since 2017. Jack has 4 games of 6 or more, and Young has 3.
    Heard the same thing. You'd swear Burke has been a stud since he got here and Young is suddenly a Cy Young candidate. I've been a huge Gunner fan since day one but how much more are we gonna have to hear the "If we had Gunner" statement ? It's like a broken record.

  4. #84
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Heard the same thing. You'd swear Burke has been a stud since he got here and Young is suddenly a Cy Young candidate. I've been a huge Gunner fan since day one but how much more are we gonna have to hear the "If we had Gunner" statement ? It's like a broken record.
    That Gunner/draft jibber jabber. Triggers invading my snowflake safe space.

    Looks like the highest possible finish is 7th.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It was still frustrating listening to Robe discuss the pitching. He said something to the effect of "we're used to having Jack go 6, Gunner go 6, and Young go 6. That's 18 out of 27 innings taken care of."

    C'mon man. Gunner hasn't done that since 2017. Jack has 4 games of 6 or more, and Young has 3.
    Did Robe say who would get the start today?
    I'm not hearing good things about Jack for the tournament!

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,601
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BB G2 Final: LA 13, ULM 9

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Turbine, are you engaged in fishing?
    No, Troy took 2 of 3 to close out March.

    Marlin fishing is spectacULar but does not float my boat.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Did Robe say who would get the start today?
    I'm not hearing good things about Jack for the tournament!
    Not that I heard, but I'd be surprised if one guy goes more than a couple innings unless a guy like Horton or Batty hits a good stretch.

  8. #88
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    7,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Marlin was right.

    Remember those 3 games in March?
    March or May, they are close. Both start with Ma. The whole enchilada boils down to 3 games in Ma. The rest is just practice.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    4,758

    Default Re: BB G2 Final: LA 13, ULM 9

    We would need to get on a 4 game heater next week to make a Regional?


  10. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    We would need to get on a 4 game heater next week to make a Regional?
    5 game because of the play in

  11. #91
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,344

    Default Re: BB G2 Final: LA 13, ULM 9

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    March or May, they are close. Both start with Ma. The whole enchilada boils down to 3 games in Ma. The rest is just practice.
    Not this year, but often enough baseball isn't about winning the tournament. That's never been said about basketball since before Marty Fletcher. So it's not the norm for baseball. Of course it could become the new norm.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Did Robe say who would get the start today?
    I'm not hearing good things about Jack for the tournament!
    Savoy is starting followed by some bullpen practice to prepare for next week.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    5 game because of the play in
    Damn...that's a tall order with our current arms.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Savoy is starting followed by some bullpen practice to prepare for next week.
    👍

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •