_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans

Default Re: Pelicans

I corrected my post. I typed it at 5 am. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Hardaway has already been traded to Mavs. The Knicks don't really have enough assets that would help immediately. They would have to give us the #3 pick this year and a future #1 as well as maybe Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr. although I'd rather get Tatum from the Celtics.
    I'm a hard pass on Tatum. Takes too many bad shots for my taste.

I've been telling people this scenario intrigues me: CJ McCollum and Zach Collins with 2020/2021 1st round picks from the Blazers for AD. At that point, I'd be more inclined to like drafting Zion.

Blog Entries

Haha. I completely looked past the backcourt comment. My bad.
    Not like you.

May the rest of you day get back to normal.

My Twitter feed was blowing up with Pelicans post last night. Not being a NBA fan, I was very close to setting a few temporary "mutes". When 1 player can completely turn a franchise around, its hard for me to take it the sport seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    My Twitter feed was blowing up with Pelicans post last night. Not being a NBA fan, I was very close to setting a few temporary "mutes". When 1 player can completely turn a franchise around, its hard for me to take it the sport seriously.
    The same can be said with football .. Look at Baker last year with the Browns

CajunT is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Hardaway has already been traded to Mavs. The Knicks don't really have enough assets that would help immediately. They would have to give us the #3 pick this year and a future #1 as well as maybe Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr. although I'd rather get Tatum from the Celtics.
    When you add Barrett to Knox, Smith, Robinson and a few other pieces that can be shipped out in other trades and the number of first round picks, it's probably better than what the Celtics can offer long term.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Honestly, as much as I like AD his behavior in the last half was atrocious. Trade him wherever the Pelicans get the most bang. Right now that seems to be New York. Eastern division so that's a good thing. 3rd pick this year an exceptional thing, multiple first rounder picks also great.

Last night NOLA sports tv suggested Jrue Holiday may want to be traded if AD goes. Wants a real chance for a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Honestly, as much as I like AD his behavior in the last half was atrocious. Trade him wherever the Pelicans get the most bang. Right now that seems to be New York. Eastern division so that's a good thing. 3rd pick this year an exceptional thing, multiple first rounder picks also great.

Last night NOLA sports tv suggested Jrue Holiday may want to be traded if AD goes. Wants a real chance for a ring.
    Holiday is flying out with Benson and Griffin to meet with AD to try and work out a deal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Zion Williamson to Pel's. I bet Davis stays now.
    Wrong.

Are you even familiar with the situation? No chance Davis stays.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Holiday is flying out with Benson and Griffin to meet with AD to try and work out a deal
    Understood. The point was if AD refused the deal maybe Holiday wouldn't want to start from scratch. I can understand that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic
    Zion Williamson to Pel's. I bet Davis stays now. If he's smart.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Thanks. And if he is not, we should be in a position to get a few good pieces for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Zion = Blake Griffin
    Ja Morant = Penny Hardaway
    Nah, Zion Williamson is on a different stratosphere from Blake Griffin. There's really no player in the game today that compares to Zion or has come close to matching his stats at the college level.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Nah, Zion Williamson is on a different stratosphere from Blake Griffin. There's really no player in the game today that compares to Zion or has come close to matching his stats at the college level.
    I agree. Zion has the potential to be the next coming of one of the greatest to play the game. He has special tools not found in any one player to have played the game. It will be fun to see how they all come together for his end of pro career.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    When you add Barrett to Knox, Smith, Robinson and a few other pieces that can be shipped out in other trades and the number of first round picks, it's probably better than what the Celtics can offer long term.
    The Celtics have long been known to be the team that has more assets and picks to offer the Pels for Davis, that's why they held off on that trade to the Lakers. I don't like the Knicks assets more than the Celtics and I'm betting the Pels front office feels the same way. Knox couldn't solidify a starting spot on a team that tanked half the year and his shooting was less than expected. Robinson is interesting as a rim protector and rebounder for sure but their best offensive player was shipped to Dallas. Yes, they can offer the #3 pick this year and a future first rounder but the players they currently have aren't as impactful as Brown, Tatum, Rozier or even Hayward that the Celts have.

Zion has the potential for sure and athleticism to run in the open court but I'm more curious of his shooting and how it develops at the next level as well as his ability to guard the low post. If anything, he will bring an excitement to the organization that will dwarf AD's impact when he was drafted although I don't expect him to be as good as AD.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Wrong.

Are you even familiar with the situation? No chance Davis stays.
    You're probably right but he backtracked on his comments at the end of year and the team he wanted to go to the most is a dumpster fire. We all know he desired to go to a big market team but that's not always the best move, especially when the pelicans are the only team that can pay him the supermax deal. If I had to bet today, I'd say he still wants to be traded but what if the Pels go out and get another really good (not great) FA to insert? I like the hire of Griffin and he wants to do everything he can to get AD to stay and there's always the chance he decides to. Hopefully.

The Celtics have long been known to be the team that has more assets and picks to offer the Pels for Davis, that's why they held off on that trade to the Lakers. I don't like the Knicks assets more than the Celtics and I'm betting the Pels front office feels the same way. Knox couldn't solidify a starting spot on a team that tanked half the year and his shooting was less than expected. Robinson is interesting as a rim protector and rebounder for sure but their best offensive player was shipped to Dallas. Yes, they can offer the #3 pick this year and a future first rounder but the players they currently have aren't as impactful as Brown, Tatum, Rozier or even Hayward that the Celts have.
    The Knicks have an asset potentially worth more than star players under declining contracts. Stability of the 3rd pick in this draft. Get that and more from NY. You're stable at two positions for the next six years. Granted they have to make smart picks which has eluded them in the past. Actually they've made several smart picks and foolishly given up for expiring contracts. Boggie Cousins comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The Knicks have an asset potentially worth more than star players under declining contracts. Stability of the 3rd pick in this draft. Get that and more from NY. You're stable at two positions for the next six years. Granted they have to make smart picks which has eluded them in the past. Actually they've made several smart picks and foolishly given up for expiring contracts. Boggie Cousins comes to mind.
    We're in agreement on the Boogie Cousins issue. However, NY only has two picks in the entire draft and only 1 first rounder. Boston has 3 first round picks and multiple players who are much better than anything you will get from NY. Personally, I'd love to see AD go to NY. Let him flounder there and lets see how much he likes the scrutiny that will come from the media and bad ownership. Porzingis was the boy wonder savior there two years ago. It was a short period of time for him to want out and demand a trade.

I think you may be forgetting how good Griffin was in college.

Both guys won both the Naismith and Wooden Awards with these numbers:

Griffin 22.7 points, 14.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists. Shot 65.4% and 37.5% from three.
    Zion 22.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, 2.1 assists. Shot 68.0% and 33.8% from three.

And in case you dont remember, Griffin was a nightly highlight dunker as well. This is the exact comparison I've made since the first time I saw Zion play. They were VERY similar college players and both will be #1 overall NBA draft picks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast