_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pelicans

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Honestly, as much as I like AD his behavior in the last half was atrocious. Trade him wherever the Pelicans get the most bang. Right now that seems to be New York. Eastern division so that's a good thing. 3rd pick this year an exceptional thing, multiple first rounder picks also great.

Last night NOLA sports tv suggested Jrue Holiday may want to be traded if AD goes. Wants a real chance for a ring.
    They may have suggested that but my sources within the Pelicans organization have assured folks that Jrue wants to be the leader of the team and until the lottery results was preparing to be the face of the franchise. He was very excited about those results and called both Griffin and Gentry to let them know that.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We're in agreement on the Boogie Cousins issue. However, NY only has two picks in the entire draft and only 1 first rounder. Boston has 3 first round picks and multiple players who are much better than anything you will get from NY. Personally, I'd love to see AD go to NY. Let him flounder there and lets see how much he likes the scrutiny that will come from the media and bad ownership. Porzingis was the boy wonder savior there two years ago. It was a short period of time for him to want out and demand a trade.
    According to the people who know talent the draft is 3 players deep this year, a big drop off after that. I think the Knicks also have the Mavericks 1st round next season. So take that too if correct.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    They may have suggested that but my sources within the Pelicans organization have assured folks that Jrue wants to be the leader of the team and until the lottery results was preparing to be the face of the franchise. He was very excited about those results and called both Griffin and Gentry to let them know that.
    Great, hopefully it'll work out. Never underestimate how much a ring means. I know that they really supported him in his injuries, and his wife's medical issues. He might also feel some loyalty to them for that.

Blog Entries

I've seen a bunch of meddling 'how to' stories about how Zion can get out of going to the Pelicans.

Sad

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I've seen a bunch of meddling 'how to' stories about how Zion can get out of going to the Pelicans.

Sad
    ......So how does all of this effect EP?

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......So how does all of this effect EP?
    He'll get some new teammates.

Depends. Pelicans might draft the Duke point guard if they trade AD to New York. Two Dukies. EP might be a mentor. Probably he's not going to be the future though if that happens.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I think you may be forgetting how good Griffin was in college.

Both guys won both the Naismith and Wooden Awards with these numbers:

Griffin 22.7 points, 14.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists. Shot 65.4% and 37.5% from three.
    Zion 22.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, 2.1 assists. Shot 68.0% and 33.8% from three.

And in case you dont remember, Griffin was a nightly highlight dunker as well. This is the exact comparison I've made since the first time I saw Zion play. They were VERY similar college players and both will be #1 overall NBA draft picks.
    Points, rebounds and assists don't tell the whole story though.

Zion finished this season with by far the best Player Efficiency Rating of any college player over the last 10 years. (PER is designed to be an "all in one" statistic.) The same thing is true with plus/minus (another all in one stat.)

His athletic measures are just as insane. For example he has a 45" vertical compared to Griffin's 35" vertical despite weighing 35lbs more than Griffin.

I know Blake was great. Zion is better.

And BTW, he accomplished all this while admittedly having more holes in his game than Griffin did. But that just speaks to his potential upside. If he underperforms, he is still going to be a top 10 player. If he overperforms, he'll be the next LeBron.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Most of the other names don't really jump out as stars so I'm not sold on this stat. 😂

But you originally said that Griffin and Zion weren't in the same stratosphere statistically. I was just pointing out that that wasn't the case. Griffin was a freak before injuries made him into simply a mortal. Still very good, but not what his promise was pre-injuries.

CajunT is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Most of the other names don't really jump out as stars so I'm not sold on this stat. 😂

But you originally said that Griffin and Zion weren't in the same stratosphere statistically. I was just pointing out that that wasn't the case. Griffin was a freak before injuries made him into simply a mortal. Still very good, but not what his promise was pre-injuries.
    Now do Larry Johnson. Zion is not something new, Johnson had a similar build and athletic ability.And Zion stats are from one season, it's a small sample size with the games he missed due to injury. Love the kid, but I don't see him as anything more than Larry Johnson, which is pretty damn good. But I don't see the next LeBron. We will see how his game evolves over his his first 4 or 5 seasons in the NBA.

Comparing Zion to Lebron is an insult to Zion's intellect. Just dribble Lebron, cause Zion is a c'ming.

According to the people who know talent the draft is 3 players deep this year, a big drop off after that. I think the Knicks also have the Mavericks 1st round next season. So take that too if correct.
    Incorrect. The draft is much more loaded than 3 players. But your point is that because you feel the talent is not very deep we just take draft picks from NY? That's not nearly enough for a top 6-10 player in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Incorrect. The draft is much more loaded than 3 players. But your point is that because you feel the talent is not very deep we just take draft picks from NY? That's not nearly enough for a top 6-10 player in the NBA.
    I don't know what the draft depth is this year. Some experts that I respect even when they pi ss me off said that there's a big drop off after the 3rd pick. So I'm gonna go with an RP expert instead of nationally known experts. Yup that's why I come here.

Actually the Knick have very little talent beyond draft picks this and next year.

Getting a lot of role players with expiring contracts is the way to go. Yeah that's a good trade, or Boston 14th pick. Yeah I'm seeing that now.

I don't know what the draft depth is this year. Some experts that I respect even when they pi ss me off said that there's a big drop off after the 3rd pick. So I'm gonna go with an RP expert instead of nationally known experts. Yup that's why I come here.

Actually the Knick have very little talent beyond draft picks this and next year.

Getting a lot of role players with expiring contracts is the way to go. Yeah that's a good trade, or Boston 14th pick. Yeah I'm seeing that now.
    Well since you aren't stating who your "source" is, there are plenty of basketball guys like Jay Bilas and PJ Carlisemo who feel the draft has a lot of depth.

Let me ask you, so you think the #3 pick in this draft and a future pick that is undetermined are equal pay for AD? Yeah, I'm glad you aren't the Pels GM. I don't know which "role" players you are referring to but a combo of picks and guys like Tatum (budding superstar, not role player) or Terry Rozier (Role Player with star potential) plus 2-3 picks is the type of tradeoff the Pels are looking for.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3