_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy: Ruston Tornado

Default LaTech Tornado

Seems Tech and Ruston have been struck by a major tornado.

Default Tragedy: Ruston Tornado

Time to put aside our differences this morning. Prayers to our north Louisiana rivals.

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/ne...ys/3571341002/

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ruston Tornado

Two confirmed dead, extensive damage all across the city.

Serious damage to the baseball and softball fields, but no casualties reported yet among students at Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Two confirmed dead, extensive damage all across the city.

Serious damage to the baseball and softball fields, but no casualties reported yet among students at Tech.
    It's bad. All sorts of damages trending on Twitter. Prayers for Ruston/LATech and the families that lost their loved ones. Must have hit the city directly. Night tornados are the worst.

The sports complexes got hit really bad especially softball. No weather issues during the game and just a few hours later all hell broke loose.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

that turf held up really well

T&P to those in Ruston. Never want to see this anywhere.

It's going to take a while to get all that back together again.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: LaTech Tornado

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2...unds&auto=webp

Is Tech inline for a new stadium?

the way the baseball grandstand is constructed, don't know if you can just fix it without tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding it

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    the way the baseball grandstand is constructed, don't know if you can just fix it without tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding it
    When damage is assessed (in the town as well as campus) and accounts are set up for people to help, please let us know. I'll be happy to do what I can to get the word out.

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sucks. Prayers going out from me as well.

Metairie/Toledo Bend/In car between Lafayette & N.O. Going to UL Sporting Events

UL Softball Tornado at Tech

Tech's softball facility was just damaged heavily by a tornado. Wierd...we were there just last night. Two dead in Ruston,

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The sports complexes got hit really bad especially softball. No weather issues during the game and just a few hours later all hell broke loose.
    Stevie P mentioned that had a little rain before the game, but that's it. Crazy that this happened hours later. Terrible to see regardless of where it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Stevie P mentioned that had a little rain before the game, but that's it. Crazy that this happened hours later. Terrible to see regardless of where it happens.
    Yeah it was crazy to wake up to all of the videos and pictures. I believe that the softball and soccer complexes got hit the worst of the athletic facilities and I believe both softball and baseball were supposed to have home series this weekend, not sure what's going to happen with that.

Yeah it was crazy to wake up to all of the videos and pictures. I believe that the softball and soccer complexes got hit the worst of the athletic facilities and I believe both softball and baseball were supposed to have home series this weekend, not sure what's going to happen with that.
    baseball just started a nine game road trip; they weren't scheduled to be back until May 10

After seeing the baseball damage, can't imagine them playing there any more this season. Same with softball.

But two people have lost their lives in connection with this storm. We can replace facilities.

Playing sports isn't at the top of the priority list I'm sure. Given the situation, I'm sure if Grambling's or ULM's facilities are not committed for use, they probably would be made available.

thankfully we only have one series scheduled at home for the rest of the season (vs Western Kentucky)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast