_ _ _ _
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajuns' JUCO signees having solid seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Winning % is not relevant for at large bids. SEC routinely gets .500 teams in. The committee looks at everything else but overall record. It's RPI.
    I'd say it's 25% relevant.

For a mid-major, a good WP is even more important.

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    I'd say it's 25% relevant.

For a mid-major, a good WP is even more important.
    True. By definition a mid major wont get in without 35+ wins, so their RPI is a byproduct of the record. That is true. Hard to separate the two for all but SEC.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns' JUCO signees having solid seasons

Probably 40 plus wins.

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Probably 40 plus wins.
    Probably 90% of the time. Baseball legacy is all about postseason from high school on up.

A high school teammate of my son is the bench coach for St. Louis Cards at 32. Why? He was a wizard minor league manager after his playing career. Won everything.

Oliver Marmol - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Marmol

Robe has been a great blend of coach-mentor and baseball achiever. I still think his best is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckmanUSLGrad View Post
    Well at least you are finally starting to see the LIGHT!

An before you say, I am happy with what is going is not the case. But we cannot keep living in the past! I have nothing against our HC. To me it is strictly business!
    Duck 💩

CajunJeaux is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DuckmfumbleLGrad View Post
    One CWS in all those years....womp....womp and some here act like he is Joe Torre 2.0

Also, has NEVER beat LSU in a post season series. Coastal, UofH, and freaking Stoney Brook and some other teams / coaches did......let that sink in!
    With all due respect, Rich Fromage...When compared to our peer schools...Robe actually is Torre 2.0....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    With all due respect, Rich Fromage...When compared to our peer schools...Robe actually is Torre 2.0....
    What say you now, Spoonbill. Looks like Jeaux called your Quack.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What say you now, Spoonbill. Looks like Jeaux called your Quack.
    Also...let's play trivia ___kStickGrad...what was Joe Torre's winning percentage as a manager????...

So coaching % in MLB is = to coaching % in college. LOL

So why can stoney brook, U of H and coastal beat LSU in BR in post season play but Tony cannot?
    Hahahahahahaha move the goal post again, Rich Fromage!!....

What is his record against LSU in post season play?

O for what?
    Move the goal post, Mr. Fromage....LOL...your like the dummycrats meme where they don't know what button to press...you mock Robe by using a .538 winning percentage as the measure of greatness...and Robes winning percentage is higher than that!...hahaha what an idiot!

So he is Joe Torre 3.0. LMAO,

So is coach robe the most successful coach to never win or much less play for a WS title?
    Hey Fromage...goes wash that thing, you're really starting to stink!! LOL

So he is Joe Torre 3.0. LMAO,

So is coach robe the most successful coach to never win or much less play for a WS title?
    Fromage...Torre only won when he had the largest budget in the world, literally...Step your game up...maybe go get some sleep...

SO why was coastal, U of H and Stoney Brook able to beat LSU in post season play but not University of Louisiana. All of those teams had a lower budget than LSU like us but they were able to beat LSU.
    Robe beat the #1 team in the country to get to the CWS...next, Fromage....

Blog Entries

SO why was coastal, U of H and Stoney Brook able to beat LSU in post season play but not University of Louisiana. All of those teams had a lower budget than LSU like us but they were able to beat LSU.
    You act like LSU is a static quality team every single year.

If anything your gauntlet proves that LSU gets up for the opportunity to play Louisiana.

In 2000....I know he is the only coach to ever do this....life time contact........Oh Wait!!!
    There's your signature goal post maneuver!!.... "schat, let me set parameters!".....Hahahaha

I love when Lsu loses any time especially post season. Too bad Tony's team can never beat them. He has had several chances and always has failed! May Louisiana does not get up for the opportunity to play LSU....that what it is right?
    You really take LSUs famous band song literally... youre gonna choke man, geez...

We have beaten LSU in the postseason.

Joe Torre 2.0 😂😂😂

Let me know when Robe has as many championships as Torre.

Where is Gary Gilmore in the comparison? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    If you think playing .600 baseball at the college level is good then you need to find another job. Sorry to break that news to you. I mean really ? 35-21 is good ? That's a prime example of what I've said many times on this board. Mediocrity is totally cool over here. Very much accepted. And that's exactly why we are where we're at.
    Okay, let me say this slowly so you'll understand.....

If you go back and read what I wrote, I did not say .600 was good enough. I used it to refute some of the language used here. Specifically: Bad Baseball and ____ting the Bed. If you want bad baseball and ____ting the bed, Georgia State some others are good examples.

I have no problem with those who say .600 isn't good enough because it didn't get us in a regional. I'm not into mediocre. And, neither is Robe. He has made the necessary changes. One of them is starting to show up with offensive production. The other is about to show up with this recruiting class (although I expect next year to be even better).

As someone pointed out, we all want the same thing. We have a different view on how to get there.

35-21-1 wasn't good enough to get us in a regional. If I remember correctly, most on this board felt if we got deep in the tournament, we'd get one. We didn't. But we were in the conversation until the tournament.

I'll tell you this: With the new league scheduling and the aggressive way we schedule, there will be years when 35-21-1 is good enough. 2021 is when the new league schedules go into effect.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I'll tell you this: With the new league scheduling and the aggressive way we schedule, there will be years when 35-21-1 is good enough. 2021 is when the new league schedules go into effect.
    What will the new league schedules entail?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast