_ _ _ _
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30
Results 581 to 600 of 600

Thread: OT: Mississippi River Aquapocalypse 2019

  1. #581
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'm from the berry too, we would take people in vans to go get ice. Remember it very well and agreed, won't ever stay through one like that again and this isn't it. The media crying wolf for every single storm is what puts people in danger bc when they really should leave they don't.
    Still have family down there. Went down a few days after Andrew to help once they got home. The gauntlet of debris along the Loreauville Road was absolutely stunning. Parent's acre lot on bayou, almost 100 yards of yard waste. At least it was drier than some other storms we've seen.

  2. #582
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Wait, what? This thing formed essentially right where you are claiming these icy cold waters are, and thus far the predictions have been spot on. They are possibly overstating the rain numbers but I would think they would always err on the safe side there.

    Now some people's over reaction to all this is another story. You would think a group of people who have been through big storms would know better.
    No it didn't. It started off the coast of Apalachicola, Florida. Get a map before you start deriding me again genius. And were the predictions spot on? Did you get 15" of rain? You can call it a hurricane, but the fact is it struggled to achieve tropical storm status. There was a reason the center of circulation never closed. And that reason my friend is God & cold water coming out of the Bonnie Carre spillway, The Mississippi river, & the the Atchafalaya basin with a little help form God's hot breath & a LOT of prayers from people who aren't as smart as you are. But they trump your worthless behind when it comes to faith. Heave nice day.

  3. #583
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Wait, what? This thing formed essentially right where you are claiming these icy cold waters are, and thus far the predictions have been spot on. They are possibly overstating the rain numbers but I would think they would always err on the safe side there.

    Now some people's over reaction to all this is another story. You would think a group of people who have been through big storms would know better.
    One more thing Mr. smart ___, go back & take time to study the radar as it actually happened. Then A- tell everyone how spot on the models & future radar were when it cam to predicting rain & wind versus actual occurrence. Then study the radar & riddle me how every time a heavy rain band came over the flow path of the spillway, the Mississippi, or the Atchafalaya, said rain band died as soon as it hit close to the coast you freaking worthless know it all.

  4. #584
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Side effects

    I respect Science. But I have absolute faith in God. And I believed God wouldn't punish the people of Louisiana by allowing this storm to hurt us again like the rains of 2016. The difference between God & science is science is not absolute. It is hopefully always evolving in the continuation of it's knowledge & understanding of occurrences. Whereas God has all knowledge & understanding of all things & makes occurrences happen, or allows them to happen for a reason. Science is the study of understanding how he makes & allows those things to happen & hopefully the reason for why they occurred to begin with. I thank God that for whatever reason while he allowed this occurrence to happen, he placed his hand of protection on the people of our state & did not allow it to become an event that devastated us so soon after the last devastation we faced.


  5. #585
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,954

    Default Re: Side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    One more thing Mr. smart ___, go back & take time to study the radar as it actually happened. Then A- tell everyone how spot on the models & future radar were when it cam to predicting rain & wind versus actual occurrence. Then study the radar & riddle me how every time a heavy rain band came over the flow path of the spillway, the Mississippi, or the Atchafalaya, said rain band died as soon as it hit close to the coast you freaking worthless know it all.
    .....You had mentioned the cold water coming down from the North and effecting the system......I thought I heard the guy in Morg City say there were ice chunks in the att river....can this be possible?

  6. #586
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    No it didn't. It started off the coast of Apalachicola, Florida. Get a map before you start deriding me again genius. And were the predictions spot on? Did you get 15" of rain? You can call it a hurricane, but the fact is it struggled to achieve tropical storm status. There was a reason the center of circulation never closed. And that reason my friend is God & cold water coming out of the Bonnie Carre spillway, The Mississippi river, & the the Atchafalaya basin with a little help form God's hot breath & a LOT of prayers from people who aren't as smart as you are. But they trump your worthless behind when it comes to faith. Heave nice day.
    Where was it when it officially became a named storm? That's right, Magellan, right where you say all this cold water is. Before that it was just a low, that started north of Atlanta.

    A week ago they correctly predicted the development of this unusual storm. By two days ago they had the track relatively correct. They were correct about it briefly hitting cat 1 stage. They never made absolute predictions about rain accumulations, they only gave us the many varying models available. Hopefully the most extreme models are incorrect, and the dry air being pulled in continues to help keep the rain totals down. They have been giving out as much information as possible hoping to avoid a surprise like 2016.

    We have received 4" this far, and it's raining hard now.

    Your cold water nonsense is just that, nonsense.

  7. #587
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,302

    Default Re: OT: Mississippi River Aquapocalypse 2019

    Man, we need some sunshine around here. Let me pump a little on this glorious morning.

    Be it the spring floods, 2016, Barry, or whatever, HE NEVER gives us more than we can handle. And however these situations arise, it is HIS will being done.

    Be thankful this Sunday morning for the dry air that has made this a prolonged rain event. Kept the low pressure from organizing with the rain and feeding the storm, which possibly been more dire.

    As far as God's timing and not let things happen again, don't think it can't happen. Puerto Rico, USVI and other islands got two cat 4 - 5 storms 11 days apart in '17. USVI went 25 years without a major hit until then.

    And we did flood in '16. And we were and are blessed. It's all perspective.


  8. #588
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    22,786
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: OT: Mississippi River Aquapocalypse 2019

    My 3 favorite reads in times like these.

    James 1:13_God didn't cause this.
    Ecclesiastes 9:11 Stuff happens
    Ecclesiastes 7:12 Think things through, protect yourself. It's a God given ability.

    jmo


  9. #589
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I respect Science. But I have absolute faith in God. And I believed God wouldn't punish the people of Louisiana by allowing this storm to hurt us again like the rains of 2016. The difference between God & science is science is not absolute. It is hopefully always evolving in the continuation of it's knowledge & understanding of occurrences. Whereas God has all knowledge & understanding of all things & makes occurrences happen, or allows them to happen for a reason. Science is the study of understanding how he makes & allows those things to happen & hopefully the reason for why they occurred to begin with. I thank God that for whatever reason while he allowed this occurrence to happen, he placed his hand of protection on the people of our state & did not allow it to become an event that devastated us so soon after the last devastation we faced.
    Ah yes, that's the Bandwagon King I remember.

    Arrogant enough to think he knows more about weather than meteorologists and arrogant enough to claim he knows what's going on in God's head.

  10. #590
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My 3 favorite reads in times like these.

    James 1:13_God didn't cause this.
    Ecclesiastes 9:11 Stuff happens
    Ecclesiastes 7:12 Think things through, protect yourself. It's a God given ability.

    jmo
    You made me laugh. Morning of the 2016 flood, my wife woke me in a panic at 5 AM. Opened my Bible at breakfast before furniture lifting fun and by chance, there was Ecclesiastes 9:11. Solomon was one smart man. And so was my LORD, perfect words at perfect time.

  11. #591
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,111

    Default Re: Side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I respect Science. But I have absolute faith in God. And I believed God wouldn't punish the people of Louisiana by allowing this storm to hurt us again like the rains of 2016. The difference between God & science is science is not absolute. It is hopefully always evolving in the continuation of it's knowledge & understanding of occurrences. Whereas God has all knowledge & understanding of all things & makes occurrences happen, or allows them to happen for a reason. Science is the study of understanding how he makes & allows those things to happen & hopefully the reason for why they occurred to begin with. I thank God that for whatever reason while he allowed this occurrence to happen, he placed his hand of protection on the people of our state & did not allow it to become an event that devastated us so soon after the last devastation we faced.
    So I guess God was busy or had something else better to do in 2016. Ok, I got it.

  12. #592
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    3,433

    Default Re: OT: Mississippi River Aquapocalypse 2019

    ..

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #593
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So I guess God was busy or had something else better to do in 2016. Ok, I got it.
    Also in the 4th quarter against the rams.

  14. #594
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OT: Mississippi River Aquapocalypse 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Also in the 4th quarter against the rams.
    Typical A--hole remark by a bitter underachiever who probably blames God for all your failures. i get it.

  15. #595
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OT: Mississippi River Aquapocalypse 2019

    The good news is the storm surge is officially over now. of course I'm sure Charlie K will have some stupid comment about me stating this as well even though i'm standing here watching the water go back out into the sea.


  16. #596
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So I guess God was busy or had something else better to do in 2016. Ok, I got it.
    In the end, i don't really care how it happened, or better yet didn't happen. All I really care about is that it didn't happen the way the Weather channel prophesied it was certain to happen & was preaching all the way up until noon that it was still going to happen. I'm just grateful to God that it didn't happen. can you at least agree with me on this point Charlie K & bulldog? Or do you find fault with this reasoning also?

  17. #597
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    In the end, i don't really care how it happened, or better yet didn't happen. All I really care about is that it didn't happen the way the Weather channel prophesied it was certain to happen & was preaching all the way up until noon that it was still going to happen. I'm just grateful to God that it didn't happen. can you at least agree with me on this point Charlie K & bulldog? Or do you find fault with this reasoning also?
    All joking aside, you're high right now right?

    Lighten up BWK...it's a beautiful day!

  18. #598
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    All joking aside, you're high right now right?
    Lol......That would explain things.

  19. #599
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,954

    Default Re: OT: Mississippi River Aquapocalypse 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Lol......That would explain things.
    .....time to sit at the piano ....sing and play some Rascals....it's a Beautiful Morning!!!

  20. #600
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    2,629

    Default Re: OT: Mississippi River Aquapocalypse 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My 3 favorite reads in times like these.

    James 1:13_God didn't cause this.
    Ecclesiastes 9:11 Stuff happens
    Ecclesiastes 7:12 Think things through, protect yourself. It's a God given ability.

    jmo
    and mine,
    Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven."

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •