_ _ _ _

Thread: RIP Steve Gossen

Default RIP Steve Gossen

We lost a good one. Mr. Steve Gossen passed away.

He contributed so much over the years with his time and his generosity. He had been in bad health for several years.

For you who are militant about LOUISIANA. You know that big Louisiana flag we display in pre game? Steve Gossen purchased it. He was passionate about the University of Louisiana. Many of you know his son Greg, who has Channel One Video.

I'm very sad this morning. He was a great man. But the band is playing "Fight on Cajuns" in heaven today, I can assure you of that.

CajunT is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RIP Steve Gossen

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

He contributed so much over the years with his time and his generosity. He had been in bad health for several years.

For you who are militant about LOUISIANA. You know that big Louisiana flag we display in pre game? Steve Gossen purchased it. He was passionate about the University of Louisiana. Many of you know his son Greg, who has Channel One Video.

I'm very sad this morning. He was a great man. But the band is playing "Fight on Cajuns" in heaven today, I can assure you of that.
    Mr. Steve Gossen was a great guy. He was always involved in UL athletics over the years and just a great person to talk to in concerns with UL sports. Rest in peace Mr. Gossen.

Very sad to hear of his passing this morning. Great guy and I'll never forget our trip to St. Pete for the 94 ncaa tournament. RIP Mr. Steve!

Aw man, that's a bummer. Mr. Gossen was a great guy and a HUGE UL supporter. He loved his Cajuns.

He will be missed.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well said my friend.....

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree it is sad news as Steve was as good a Cajuns fan as you will ever find. Some may not know that he drove in from Thibodoaux to support his team. Also, he is a former football player from the 60's that once had a kickoff return record. I believe he set it against Tech. Heaven gained a good one over the weekend.

Blog Entries

Steve Gossen was a RaginPagin patron.

He went by the name Kawlija1

He tells his story of Victory Run in the link below

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/...-s-Victory-Run

Steve will be missed. Great football and baseball player for UL. Bad ankle kept him out of the bigs.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Steve Gossen was a RaginPagin patron.

He went by the name Kawlija1

He tells his story of Victory Run in the link below

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/...-s-Victory-Run

Steve will be missed. Great football and baseball player for UL. Bad ankle kept him out of the bigs.
    Great memories in that story Turbine. As a former Texaco employee, reading about the Joe Jamail connection really brought me back. Turbine's link there brings you to a long story but I encourage all to read it in honor of Steve. Also, his obituary is carried in today's edition of The Advocate.

Blog Entries

What a great athlete but a better person. Always looked forward to talking him and his wife at various events. I will miss him.

Don Gossen

RIP, Steve

Great UL fan, but also a genuinely nice guy. Sad to hear of his passing.

Blog Entries

Steve was one of the guys that would sit in on monthly meetings with Nelson Schexnayder where he sought input from the fans.

David Walker decided to put an end to that concept and focused instead on training a protégé.

I have to believe Steve would approve of how the current AD is listening.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Great UL fan, but also a genuinely nice guy. Sad to hear of his passing.
    .....Sad to mention that former UL defensive end Guy Harvey passed away.....made the deciding tackle on Butsey Walet to seal the Cajun win against McNeese and the conference championship in 1965!